I Really Hope Palace Beat WBA

Am I missing something here? What in the name of buggery is to be gained by relegation?

Let's stay up if at all possible and then make a start on discarding the pitiful b@stards who've put us in the position.

I'm not convinced the manager is the right one for the job, but that's another story and is not going to change in the short term.

Guest intercity0wl

Dull, boring tactics, playing to not lose and not being bold enough to go for the win.

1 win and 2 losses are much better than 2 draws and 1 loss.

If you set up not to lose then you can scrape draws - but you have to be really lucky to win.

If you set up to win (even more so when you need to) then you might win 1 in 3, or perhaps more.

Fortune favours the brave and how can anyone argue our tactics have been brave enough whilst we have been desperate for wins?

A good manager can motivate players to play out of their skins - Big Jack and Big Ron proved that to be the case. The fact is we have chosen a coach and not a manager - we needed a shot of charisma to get our very poor team playing - and we simply didn't get it.

Here we are, in a promised play-off challenging season, needing someone else to do us a favour with 1 game left. Unacceptable and terrible season even if we achieve a miracle.

With respect Big ron and Jack could not motivate this lot and did have much better players at their disposal, they are poor players and are playing as well as thy are capable of, and as for a promotion challenging season, i think a season nearer the bottom was always the more likely option.

Guest Anglofile

Am I missing something here? What in the name of buggery is to be gained by relegation?

Let's stay up if at all possible and then make a start on discarding the pitiful b@stards who've put us in the position.

I'm not convinced the manager is the right one for the job, but that's another story and is not going to change in the short term.

DJ,

Not worthy of discussion as it really is out of the supporter's hand. Player simply don't give a hoot!!!

I though that was an excellent pun there!!! Any applause???rolleyes.gif

With respect Big ron and Jack could not motivate this lot and did have much better players at their disposal, they are poor players and are playing as well as thy are capable of, and as for a promotion challenging season, i think a season nearer the bottom was always the more likely option.

I'm not sure I recall ANYONE with such an opinion at the start of the season.

A good manager can motivate players to play out of their skins - Big Jack and Big Ron proved that to be the case. The fact is we have chosen a coach and not a manager - we needed a shot of charisma to get our very poor team playing - and we simply didn't get it.

Is that the same Big Ron who oversaw our relegation from the first division in his first full season in charge? :blink::blink:

Guest Distraught!

Interesting that this "can't polish a turd" defence keeps coming up with relation to AI's performance.

We are playing in a very mediocre league that very mediocre players can maintain a reasonable level of consistency given motivation and commitment.

When BL departed, there was a lot of talk about the possibility of employing Keegan. Maybe the financial constraints made it impossible and unrealistic. But, as far as I am aware, KK is still sat at home watching Sky Sports Saturday. Faced with the same players and the same constraints as AI, would we now be in this position if KK was in charge? :ph34r:

Is that the same Big Ron who oversaw our relegation from the first division in his first full season in charge? :blink::blink:

Yes, and the same one who won us a major trophy and kept us up in his second spell. :cool:

Oh yes they could - it's not even debatable.

why??????????? because our half hearted teams/and fans efforts beat a shockingly poo team,ps i hope you all paid to cross into gods land

surely you don't mean Wales as gods land??? you pathetic inbred wee wee tail!! lets see how clever you think you are after the play off's. forest will go up because you are poo and your fans are poo . Bunch of weird looking queer sounding cvnts that with out England and our wonderful leagues with our mercurial football clubs (excluding the pigs!) would be making away trips to Rhyl and no one outside your butt-**** backward country would of ever heard off you and would of though Wales was a small town where Tom Jones came from!!

why you all so down after losing to a premiership team?

It's always satisfying to see egg on the faces of those who speak too soon.

What will be really funny is watching you go into admin with a 10 point deduction and losing all your best players when you don't make it.

Even IF and it's a big IF we have a chance of staying up after monday night our chances are still slim... I'll say we have about 20% chance of winning the palace game - 10% if Palace wins on monday...

Who give a throw what we do next Sunday if Palace win on Monday? Will it matter.

I do wonder when the penny will finally drop and when they will start playing as though their future's depend upon it.

They have been playing as though their future depends on it.

Hardly any of them will have a future at S6, if we stay in the championship.

They stand a better chance of being here next year, if we are playing in League 1. :mad: