Alan Irvine

Guest Ballinio

I would rather have my 7 year old manage the side than Laws, FFS AI can only do so much with the staff that he has, if i showed the same level of commitment at work i get fired for serveral reasons

1. bring the company is to disrupute

2. fruadulently claiming wages that are earned

3. gross inconduct

AI may not have said the right thing on SSN. but he's right and it's what you are all thinking :ph34r:

It's not about stats, it's about lifting the club and giving people hope, does Irvine give you hope or does he bore the ass off you? Charlton gave the club a massive boost and wilko carried that on and got us promoted, Atkinson actually got us relegated but you knew there was something special, as it turns out we only finished third but still got promoted, the league cup win makes up for that though. Barnsley got it right with Mark Robins, Reading with Brian McDermott both now safe from relegation after looking like going down. We appointed Irvine to prevent relegation or we would have stuck with Laws, If we go down Irvine has failed.

if we go down BOTH will have failed...(brian may even manage it for a second time in one season...some feat)...irvine WILL have a VERY SHORT honeymoon next season to get things turned around before the crowd becomes disillusioned...remember charlton arriving, it was like we had been delivered from the moment he came, he had signed no one, but we were saved, our worries were over...

Edited by dnhc

Guest Housey

if we go down BOTH will have failed...(brian may even manage it for a second time in one season...some feat)...irvine WILL have a VERY SHORT honeymoon next season to get things turned around before the crowd becomes disillusioned...remember charlton arriving, it was like we had been delivered from the moment he came, he had signed no one, but we were saved, our worries were over...

We need another Charlton now, someone who will unite us all and give us hope and direction.

Guest Housey

Irvine has had enough games to prevent relegation, Preston sacked Irvine after a very poor run they appointed Ferguson who has halted the slide to the relegation zone. So that's 3 managers who have had half a season and have done what was asked, Preston,Reading,Barnsley all now safe and will be playing championship football next season due to their new managers doing what was asked of them. Do you think Irvine could have turned Reading and Barnsley round?

When attempting to judge Irvine's performance statistically we can be pretty selective can't we?

He won 4 of his first 7 games but just 2 in 14 since.

If there really is such a thing as 'new manager effect' (and Chris Turner certainly couldn't find it) how encouraged should we be about our current form and what it says about the manager?

Honestly- would prefer Laws as the manager today. He seemed to get the players ready and fighting for games like these

Brian is flippingbrilliant at getting teams 'up' for these big games.

I mean just look at Burnley - oh wait!!

14th when that flippingidiot took charge.

..and still the debate goes on...and still the pattern continues...I can use different coloured gaffer tape over the hole in the roof..but until I spend the money and get it fixed properly and get rid of the useless roofers that did it in the first place it's still going to fookin' leak...

FFS He is just Saying it truthfully and as it is, just not what alot of the posters on here can accept, yep i will be the first one to say he has not had a chance with these players and no backing from above to alter it..

He should say it AFTER the Palace game.

IRVINE OUT

We need another Charlton now, someone who will unite us all and give us hope and direction.

Yeah lets go for it, matin o'neil, lets really push the boat out, because we've loadsa money to attract top managers.

Brian is flippingbrilliant at getting teams 'up' for these big games.

I mean just look at Burnley - oh wait!!

14th when that flippingidiot took charge.

They were nosediving, just 1 win in their previous 12 games.

Just like Hull, they had a burst of excitement and then abruptly found their true level.

And for such an imbecile, he has the same number of wins as Irvine does in the last 12 games at the highest level.

Prefer him for this game

The bloke left an absolute pile of poo behind him when he fooked off with his compo.

The playing squad was shot - 2 points from his last 9 games in charge 4 goals scored with 19 conceded.

I'd rather him be as far away from S6 as possible ta.

If we are relegated we must, must get rid of Irvine and not make the same mistake as we did with Turner (let him build his own team, we were down anyway , was an impossible job etc etc - deja vu...)

If we stay up - he gets another season.

I'm awaiting the happy clappers who will say it was Laws that got us relegated despite Irvine being nothing short of a disaster.

Call me a "happy clapper" if you want (which is a fairly poo term to be fair)

but that nose dive under Laws totally ruined this season, it cant be denied, it ruined the confidence of the whole team and weve been picking up the peices ever since.

The bloke left an absolute pile of poo behind him when he fooked off with his compo.

The playing squad was shot - 2 points from his last 9 games in charge 4 goals scored with 19 conceded.

I'd rather him be as far away from S6 as possible ta.

LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS, LAWS...

What about Irvine?

But what...

(ad nauseum)

It's like trying to get the Warren Commission to look at ALL of the evidence rather than just those bits they want to see.

Call me a "happy clapper" if you want (which is a fairly poo term to be fair)

but that nose dive under Laws totally ruined this season, it cant be denied, it ruined the confidence of the whole team and weve been picking up the peices ever since.

You are totally correct of course.

Laws has been a disaster for the club along with his sidekick Russ Wilcox.

The bloke was an embarrassment to listen to - 'milestones around his neck' etc

Laughable only it's not funny.

Thanks Dave for that appointment.

When attempting to judge Irvine's performance statistically we can be pretty selective can't we?

He won 4 of his first 7 games but just 2 in 14 since.

If there really is such a thing as 'new manager effect' (and Chris Turner certainly couldn't find it) how encouraged should we be about our current form and what it says about the manager?

I think its quite a fine line though, had the team not made mistakes against Cov and Bristol City we would be in a safe position and Alan Irvine wouldnt really be in question.

Obviously, they did mess up and we can comment on his tactics, but I think its a bit harsh that some people are already calling for a guys head who has had very little opportunity to get players in that he actually wants and has had to work with a team that was "lower than a snakes belly" (to coin old Brian) before he joined.

This is the very reason the SWFC job is labelled as a poisoned chalice.