Alan Irvine

What do people expect him to say? Everything going to be ok there's no need to worry, we'll stop up.

We're favorites to go down, our strikers are firing blanks, if we get out of this mess it'll be a miracle, the manager is telling it how it is, time to fear the worst, i have since christmas, if not before.

What do people expect him to say? Everything going to be ok there's no need to worry, we'll stop up.

We're favorites to go down, our strikers are firing blanks, if we get out of this mess it'll be a miracle, the manager is telling it how it is, time to fear the worst, i have since christmas, if not before.

Yes?

And in the same breath he should have the stature in which we, the fans, believe him.

Irvine is treating his managerial duties like an inconveniance.

I'd expect him to say something along the lines of "I've not even thought about the prospect of going down, there are still 6 points to play for and we'll be giving everything possible to win all of them."

What hope have the supporters got when the manager sounds like he's already given up?

Do you think Neil Warnock, for example, would be talking about next season with 6 points still to play for?

Yes?

And in the same breath he should have the stature in which we, the fans, believe him.

Irvine is treating his managerial duties like an inconveniance.

Im sure a professional footballer doesn't need telling the importance of these last two games, i know if i was in that position today i'd know that less than 100% of my ability isn't going to get the job done, if the players give their all and we still lose then it just goes to show that their not up to this standard of football.

The manager wont want a sacking and a relegation on his cv in the year 2010 on, doesn't matter what he says in front of the cameras it's what he says in the players faces, im sure everybody will know their jobs today and next week and that includes the non playing staff.

Guest Darth Sturrock

Ahhhh good ol' stats.

I didn't realise we were playing Champ Man.

Nobody's playing Champ.Manager, the true stats. reveal that if we roughly equalled our form under AI, in the first half of the season, the owls would be safe by now, by quite a margin. To be honest, I don't really know how you can argue with these facts??? blink.gif

Nobody's playing Champ.Manager, the true stats. reveal that if we roughly equalled our form under AI, in the first half of the season, the owls would be safe by now, by quite a margin. To be honest, I don't really know how you can argue with these facts??? blink.gif

Because they are utterly rhetorical?

The entire season would have panned out differently - maybe better, maybe worse - the variables are countless

It may be an interesting statistic but doesn't make it accurate.

Im sure a professional footballer doesn't need telling the importance of these last two games, i know if i was in that position today i'd know that less than 100% of my ability isn't going to get the job done, if the players give their all and we still lose then it just goes to show that their not up to this standard of football.

The manager wont want a sacking and a relegation on his cv in the year 2010 on, doesn't matter what he says in front of the cameras it's what he says in the players faces, im sure everybody will know their jobs today and next week and that includes the non playing staff.

..this..

My fear though, is that if Cardiff play at 75% our current bunch will take it as a sign that it will be a stroll and amble into a draw or defeat today. We'll see what's going to happen after 10 mins. I think those first 10 mins in each half of every match have shown us which 'Wednesday' have turned up.

Not a stats man, but someone said on here this week that if Irvine had been in charge all season, then he would have achieved 54 points. Not that impressive is it, if true.

But, he was brought in, I would hope, to keep us in this division. If not, then why change?

Coupled to his unimpressive spending record at Preston, having been sacked having accumulated a wage budgeted staff of reputedly 11 milllion.

Doesn't bode weel for next year.

He's been a massive fail IMO. Let's hope his recent sounding are reverse physcology, but a leopard doesn't change his spots.

Setting off soon - I would have preffered Colin on the touchline to be honest.

When I get back, will I have to get the tambourine out, do you think?

That doesn't really prove anything though, we'd be around 15th place, which considering the aims of this season would have been a failure.

Would you like to play this before we kick off Mr Irvine?

Never surrender

Worth listening to if you have the patience to listen for a few minutes.

This is what we are all about as a nation.

Wednesday fans expect this and more.

Wednesday 'til WE Die

Erm, click on no. 6!

Edited by theowlsman

Guest Housey

Would you like to play this before we kick off Mr Irvine?

Never surrender

Worth listening to if you have the patience to listen for a few minutes.

This is what we are all about as a nation.

Wednesday fans expect this and more.

Wednesday 'til WE Die

Erm, click on no. 6!

Can Marcus and Leon still wear their goves though? it's only going to be 18-19 degrees today.

Guest britmod_owl

If we stay up with this set of players then Irvine has in no way being a disaster, in fact he will have been a miracle worker, because this squad is like an easter egg with poo poo inside looks good, bits are good, but the rest leaves you with a nasty taste in your mouth.

If we stay up with this set of players then Irvine has in no way being a disaster, in fact he will have been a miracle worker, because this squad is like an easter egg with poo poo inside looks good, bits are good, but the rest leaves you with a nasty taste in your mouth.

When I went to school on the Cross.....the above was called a 'curates egg'. How times change.

Guest Housey

When we sacked laws for Irvine i expected to see us head in the right direction, like Barnsley and reading who were both in the bottom three prior to changing managers, why is it every time we change manager we see an upturn that lasts 5-6 games and then we go back to the normal dross. Irvine has failed if we go down.