A bit OTT

Being in Cardiff and working with a fair amount of Bluebirds, I can tell you know they hold a huge grudge!! The media down here are calling tomorrows game "revenge" because apparently they weren't happy us at the fulltime whistle last season. A bit OTT i must say, if the shoe was on the other foot they would have acted the same!! Apparently the players are the same too.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2010/04/23/bluebirds-out-for-owls-revenge-after-scoreflashes-row-91466-26298777/

CARDIFF City have a score to settle with Sheffield Wednesday tomorrow – but the Bluebirds won’t be putting up score-flashes of the Owls’ relegation rivals.

The Bluebirds were seething on the final day of last season when a 1-0 Hillsborough defeat cost them a place in the Championship play-offs.

Wednesday flashed up the scores of other promotion-chasing clubs – including news of Preston taking the lead against QPR – during play.

“We weren’t happy with what went on at Sheffield Wednesday last season when scores in other matches were put on display for all to see,” said Bluebirds boss Dave Jones, who was yesterday linked with a possible summer vacancy at West Ham.

“It sort of deflated the players a little bit. But that’s part of the learning process – it’s something we have to put up with. We have got over that. If you dwell on it, then you’ll never get over it.”

Twelve months on, the boot is on the other foot with Cardiff already in the play-offs and Wednesday in the drop zone with two games remaining.

Wednesday’s biggest rivals Crystal Palace are not in action until Monday night – but City have said they will not flash up scores of the Watford-Reading game. Watford and Palace – who Wednesday play on the final day of the season – are the only sides the Owls can now leapfrog.

But what happened at Hillsborough last May still rankles with City and top-scorer Peter Whittingham said: “Sheffield Wednesday were quite cheeky about it.

“They had a little screen in one of the corners and they kept putting up the Preston score.

“I think they knew exactly what they were doing.

“I don’t think we’ll ever really get over what happened last year.

“We knew if we got into the play-offs, we’d stand a good chance, but we didn’t make it.”

Ive tried saying this happens at every game but they seem to think the world is a little against them, seriously if you cant take the banter then just stick to another sport! Might be a bit hostile tomorrow but just imagine us winning and sticking the some what childish sour grapes back to them, Its a shame because I like Cardiff City, a proud club and some good fans and the club which I would personally like to see in the Premiership, just a shame some of the fans blame us responsible for the collapse last season!

Guest Handsworthowl

Ive tried saying this happens at every game but they seem to think the world is a little against them, seriously if you cant take the banter then just stick to another sport! Might be a bit hostile tomorrow but just imagine us winning and sticking the some what childish sour grapes back to them, Its a shame because I like Cardiff City, a proud club and some good fans and the club which I would personally like to see in the Premiership, just a shame some of the fans blame us responsible for the collapse last season!

Remind of you of a certain other club? :ph34r:

Guest East_Dene_Owl

Perhaps we could get Jermaine to apologise for this one!!!! :rolleyes:

But didn't they have a chance for revenge earlier this season???

Edited by East_Dene_Owl

putting up the other play off contenders score(prestons) every five mins was a bit ott from you guys dont you agree? i think if we had been playing any other team this weekend we would have played our reserves,but seeing as the city players want revenge it'll be near enough our first team.Ps the championships TWO top scorers will be on the bench as there not our form players

putting up the other play off contenders score(prestons) every five mins was a bit ott from you guys dont you agree? i think if we had been playing any other team this weekend we would have played our reserves,but seeing as the city players want revenge it'll be near enough our first team.Ps the championships TWO top scorers will be on the bench as there not our form players

But you would have loved if you had been leading eh?

Hopefully you'll pick up a couple of injuries early on.

we're not scared, we got Jeffers and Clarke

So Cardiff's failure to make the play-offs last season was down to our scoreboard showing score updates from the Preston game?

Roger me sideways.

What did Preston show on their scoreboard when they beat the Taffs 6-0? Highlights of the Foot and Mouth crisis?

Guest Stereophonics

I can totally see why Cardiff would be annoyed. I thought at the time that it was a bit pathetic what we were doing. Fans were cheering when the scores flashed up even though our season had finished ages ago and had nothing to play for.

We have the scores flash through every game though Kris, I dont see why we should change this? It happend a couple years ago when we were in a relegation battle and a few years ago when we were fighting for the playoffs and to other teams visiting here in promotion and relegation fights, this wasn't to deter yourselves from winning, yet to be labelled as a sneaky ploy to stop you from winning and holding us responsible is a bit much surely?

The thing is your fans laughing and taunting is part of the banter,but like they say what comes around goes around,and a match which we (team and fans) would not normally be up for will now be a decent atmosphere and i think 99 per cent of our fans would love to stuff you,me on the other hand would like to draw as i'd hate to see wednesday relegated

I can totally see why Cardiff would be annoyed. I thought at the time that it was a bit pathetic what we were doing. Fans were cheering when the scores flashed up even though our season had finished ages ago and had nothing to play for.

If the Phonics were from Ireland you wouldnt be saying that..

..Manics are much better anyway :happy:

So Cardiff's failure to make the play-offs last season was down to our scoreboard showing score updates from the Preston game?

Roger me sideways.

What did Preston show on their scoreboard when they beat the Taffs 6-0? Highlights of the Foot and Mouth crisis?

:biggrin::biggrin:

Being in Cardiff and working with a fair amount of Bluebirds, I can tell you know they hold a huge grudge!! The media down here are calling tomorrows game "revenge" because apparently they weren't happy us at the fulltime whistle last season. A bit OTT i must say, if the shoe was on the other foot they would have acted the same!! Apparently the players are the same too.

http://www.walesonline.co.uk/footballnation/cardiff-city-fc/2010/04/23/bluebirds-out-for-owls-revenge-after-scoreflashes-row-91466-26298777/

What a flippingnumpty, if anything the club were probably trying to help - god forbid you'd actually want to know what's going on around you?!

Idiot!