So whose fault is it really?

Guest anstonowls

Going back to the Cardiff match when Hartlepool went in front, I thought it was going to be a long drive home. But a stroke of fortune and things changed very quickly. So I won't start blaming yet. However if Wednesday get relegated, I will be the first person to write to the individual I hold responsible. If Wednesday do stay up I will write to the same individual telling him that he could do a lot better.

However Lee Strafford has had all this season and the club has gone from nearly being in the play offs to being very close to relegation.

I thought that Lee was changing the whole culture at the club, this doesn't seem to be the case with the way the team has played this season and how unhappy the average fan is now.

I was very upset with the appointment of Alan Irvine, he sounds very boring and that seems to be reflected in the way his team plays.

I was very upset with the appointment of Alan Irvine, he sounds very boring and that seems to be reflected in the way his team plays.

my metaphorical mortgage says that you were not saying that on the back of 5 wins from 7 after his appointment.

judge him when he is actually managing his team and the dross inherited from the nice bloke.

Edited by dc88

So I won't start blaming yet. However if Wednesday get relegated, I will be the first person to write to the individual I hold responsible. If Wednesday do stay up I will write to the same individual telling him that he could do a lot better.

Whoaa............. Before you start.............It's not me. :biggrin:

my metaphorical mortgage says that you were not saying that on the back of 4 straight victories after his appointment.

judge him when he is actually managing his team and the dross inherited from the nice bloke.

But if you're asking people to judge him when he's managing his own team, surely those early victories with Brian Law's team count for nothing...?

Or have I missed your point?

Edited by RobHowe

Or have I missed your point?

sort of.. i'm saying that i don't see how anyone can slate irvine already..

by the same token, professing him as our saviour is equally perverse.

we can do neither of those things yet, hence why i took issue with anstonowls being upset with his appointment. the comments appear to be gearing up to adopt the 'told-you-so- attitude if we go down.

if we stay up, well done to the team for over 46 games (and the aid of an administration penalty) being the 4th worst side in the ccc, now flip off.

and, if a boring manager steers us to the playoffs i'm sure he (anston) won't complain.

Going back to the Cardiff match when Hartlepool went in front, I thought it was going to be a long drive home. But a stroke of fortune and things changed very quickly. So I won't start blaming yet. However if Wednesday get relegated, I will be the first person to write to the individual I hold responsible. If Wednesday do stay up I will write to the same individual telling him that he could do a lot better.

However Lee Strafford has had all this season and the club has gone from nearly being in the play offs to being very close to relegation.

I thought that Lee was changing the whole culture at the club, this doesn't seem to be the case with the way the team has played this season and how unhappy the average fan is now.

Monday morning quarterback. Easiest position on any team. When you write to bim be sure to point out what you'd have done differently and what you'd do next season. In fact, why not post it on here? Don't forget to show your working out of budgets and stuff. Whet could lee have done differently? Signed more players? With what? Sacked laws earlier? Easy to say with hindsight. Put his own cash in? He doesn't have enough. Seriously, look at the players before you look at Lee.

sort of.. i'm saying that i don't see how anyone can slate irvine already..

by the same token, professing him as our saviour is equally perverse.

we can do neither of those things yet, hence why i took issue with anstonowls being upset with his appointment. the comments appear to be gearing up to adopt the 'told-you-so- attitude if we go down.

if we stay up, well done to the team for over 46 games (and the aid of an administration penalty) being the 4th worst side in the ccc, now flip off.

and, if a boring manager steers us to the playoffs i'm sure he (anston) won't complain.

Apologies.

For what it's worth I agree to a point - but I have been very disappointed with the lack of apparent ambition and attack-minded play under Irvine.

I agree that we had to find a way to stop shipping goals - which to a great extent has been achieved - but we need to score goals now and I'm not sure Irvine knows how to set his team up to attack.

This weekend is sh*t or bust - we have to go for the win. No ifs, buts or maybes. And no hanging our collective hat on a final showdown with Palace because that opportunity may never arise.

Apologies.

For what it's worth I agree to a point - but I have been very disappointed with the lack of apparent ambition and attack-minded play under Irvine.

I agree that we had to find a way to stop shipping goals - which to a great extent has been achieved - but we need to score goals now and I'm not sure Irvine knows how to set his team up to attack.

This weekend is sh*t or bust - we have to go for the win. No ifs, buts or maybes. And no hanging our collective hat on a final showdown with Palace because that opportunity may never arise.

not a problem. and i agree that the same has worried me with irvine, but i do wonder whether it is because he sees the players train and genuinely picks the best from a bad bunch.

i heard an interview with him a few weeks after appointment and talked about fj9 and seemed to rate him. i'm not saying franny would score if played and i, like others, can't wait for him to go as he has been a frightful waste of money, but surely simple logic suggests that when strikers aren't scoring, ie: marcus tudgay, you should shuffle your pack and give others a go.

not a problem. and i agree that the same has worried me with irvine, but i do wonder whether it is because he sees the players train and genuinely picks the best from a bad bunch.

i heard an interview with him a few weeks after appointment and talked about fj9 and seemed to rate him. i'm not saying franny would score if played and i, like others, can't wait for him to go as he has been a frightful waste of money, but surely simple logic suggests that when strikers aren't scoring, ie: marcus tudgay, you should shuffle your pack and give others a go.

Agree 100%.

Sometimes a change sparks a response.

And we need that - desperately! :rolleyes:

I would sit Tudgay and Leon on Saturday and give FJ9 a run out with Varney or JJ.

In fact I'd try anything to be honest - because what we're doing right now isn't working and we need to find a way to win.

Guest anstonowls

Monday morning quarterback. Easiest position on any team. When you write to bim be sure to point out what you'd have done differently and what you'd do next season. In fact, why not post it on here? Don't forget to show your working out of budgets and stuff. Whet could lee have done differently? Signed more players? With what? Sacked laws earlier? Easy to say with hindsight. Put his own cash in? He doesn't have enough. Seriously, look at the players before you look at Lee.

I am sorry but Lee said he would change the culture at the club and they have now gone from just off the play offs to being relegation contenders. I did offer my services to Lee to help him change the culture of the club, but he refused them, he said he had it all in hand.

Change the culture and all the right decisions will be made.

I don't know why AI wouldn't try changing things.

If he keeps it the same and just hopes we get lucky, when that doesn't happen the "he doesn't know what he's doing" and "clueless" comments will surface.

If he changes it and still we do crap and go down, the responses are more likely to be "at least he saw it wasn't working and tried doing something about it, that bodes well for the future".

Finance----those responsible for the debt.....the named ones still hanging on at the club instead of accepting responsibility and relinquishing any control of shares.....everything else is effect. Until we get rid of the root cause we won't be going anywhere..

There is nothing positive about relegation to League 1, my only concession is that I won't be spending my summer inflating black balloons providing that there is a convincing and REALISTIC plan to deliver us to the Premiership in 5 years, and that plan needs to be radically different to the last one. It needs to involve slashing the first team costs substantially yet retaining a core of young players with potential who we can develop and grow with, or sell for profit, a total restructuring of scouting domestically and internationally, some brave decisions and action to address the poverty of the performances at reserve and academy level where we are being outpaced by League 2 sides, a renewed approach to investment etc etc etc.

No on would ever buy into a business plan that would take a debt ridden league 1 club in to the prem in 5 years - 10 would be a tough ask. Do we have a core of youngsters to build our future around - I'm not sure

Where do you generate sufficient income at that level?

Apologies.

I seem to remember his Preston side tearing us apart in the second half to earn a well deserved point. He has already stated he can't play the brand of football he likes because of the crap position we are in

.[*]Dave Allen - much castigated for his treatment of fans even though he did put his own money in, stepped down as Chairman and director

Just to clear this up.

Dave Allen funded loan signings for Wednesday when we were experiencing injury crisis every season and were in desperate need of players to fill the holes, he funded these signings when we were unable to name a full bench for matches.

When Lee Strafford came into the club, it came to light that our medical department was of a very poor standard and had been stripped of all bar one very over worked physio in a cost cuttimg excercise. Lee then on Alan Smiths advice improved our medical department and this season has been our first in a few that we haven't been crippled by injuries to the extent that we have been in recent years so in a sense, this expenditure on loan signings by Dave Allen was very avoidable and of his own making.

Also Lee Strafford has never once said it's the fans fault for where we are in the league, if you can however find such a quote then I'll be happy to be corrected.

I however don't think this is the time for playing the "blame game" or trying to turn fans against the chairman, I'd rather just get behind the team for the last 2 matches and hope we stay in this division.

UTO!!!!!