Another big night tonight

To be honest, I think it's more like the last time we went down to League One - In other words, we've been poo all season, and deserve to be in the bottom three.

I know what you're saying but I was meaning more in the way we're looking for other teams to get us out of our own predicament.

Guest Anglofile

Even so, unless we win at least one of our remaining two games they will still finish ahead of us.

Forget Watford - our focus should be on what we need to do and not on whether other teams will choke.

Agree as we can't go with 2 draws and hope for PD with Watford @ 48.

I know what you're saying but I was meaning more in the way we're looking for other teams to get us out of our own predicament.

I think it's our only hope - we don't win back to back games very often, and I actually think winning at Cardiff would probably put too much expectation on the players for the Palace match.

I'm not sure what would be better for this group of players re. the Palace game - needing to not lose or needing to win?

Edited by RUMBELOWS91

To be honest we've had our chances this season, I just cannot see us getting a win at Cardiff, I don't think they will be resting players either (they are still challenging for 3rd place)

With the Palace game on monday they will know a win and they are safe if we havn't already won on Saturday.

Added to that I don't think the players have got the bottle to perform in a winner takes all match against Palace if it does come to that

I just had a scan at the potential teams in that league next year there are some poor poor teams in there...

Yeovil

Rochdale

Leyton Orient

Carlise

Bristol Rovers

Walsall

Bournemouth

Brighton

Hartlepool

Gillingham

to name a few...

all makes me feel very sad

If we do go down they should scrap the lot and start again, administration...everything.....lets get one block of shares, one owner and a new team on a small wage budget, i'd take league 1 football knowing that when we finally got back out we would be in a position to kick on and never revisit that steaming pile of poo poo league ever again...

At the moment its just a slow painfull death every season, i'm fed up!!

I personally don't think they'll want 3rd place, as they will play swansea in play-opp. Surely the'd prefer Leicester

That Bristol game at home was massive and we fooked it up.

Agreed.

As was the Derby game, the Ipswich game, the Donny game - all games we could and should have grabbed by the scruff of the neck and won at all costs.

The significance of those winnable games seemingly wasn't realised and hence we are where we are now.

Agreed.

As was the Derby game, the Ipswich game, the Donny game - all games we could and should have grabbed by the scruff of the neck and won at all costs.

The significance of those winnable games seemingly wasn't realised and hence we are where we are now.

Maybe it was and the players couldn't handle it?

I did say seemingly. biggrin.gif

But you're possibly right - this bunch have shown a distinct lack of character when the need has risen.

Which is strange, because they were able to rise to the occassion in the last 4 derby games before this season - and it's pretty much the same group of players.

Which is strange, because they were able to rise to the occassion in the last 4 derby games before this season - and it's pretty much the same group of players.

It could be argued that those games weren't as significant as those that could affect the club's league status.

Maybe those performances were down to the manager...... :ph34r::biggrin:

51 points is mathmatically safe due to us and Palace playing the final game, Watford need 3 points, Sflaphorpe need only 1 point from their final 3 games.

We could really do with QPR pasting Watford tonight, however a Watford win and they are safe!!!!