Another big night tonight

Sflaphorpe v Reading - Reading win keeps Scunny in it and keeps Reading intersted in the play-offs for their home game v Watford on Saturday

QPR v Watford - Heavy QPR win brings goal difference into play - Watford win and they are safe due to our fixture with Palace.

Remaining fixtures

Sflaphorpe - Donny (A) Forest (H) Neither team has anything to play for - Forest will be resting players, Scunny look out of sight unfortunately, but you never know

Watford - Reading (H) Coventry (A) Hopefully Reading will still have a chance of the play-offs. Coventry nothing to play for - Richard Wood winner anyone? rolleyes.gif

Squeaky bum time - again.

Sflaphorpe v Reading - Reading win keeps Scunny in it and keeps Reading intersted in the play-offs for their home game v Watford on Saturday

QPR v Watford - Heavy QPR win brings goal difference into play - Watford win and they are safe due to our fixture with Palace.

Remaining fixtures

Sflaphorpe - Donny (A) Forest (H) Neither team has anything to play for - Forest will be resting players, Scunny look out of sight unfortunately, but you never know

Watford - Reading (H) Coventry (A) Hopefully Reading will still have a chance of the play-offs. Coventry nothing to play for - Richard Wood winner anyone? rolleyes.gif

Squeaky bum time - again.

We can hope but the torrent of abuse we gave him a few weeks ago, I think he would rather score an OG!! lol

:st2:

I can't see Watford or Sflaphorpe being dragged back into it. I think it's down to us and Palace, and they have the initiative.

Me neither.

We need to forget about everybody else and the players need to concentrate on trying to win our last 2 games - nothing else matters.

To be honest we've had our chances this season, I just cannot see us getting a win at Cardiff, I don't think they will be resting players either (they are still challenging for 3rd place)

With the Palace game on monday they will know a win and they are safe if we havn't already won on Saturday.

Added to that I don't think the players have got the bottle to perform in a winner takes all match against Palace if it does come to that

I just had a scan at the potential teams in that league next year there are some poor poor teams in there...

Yeovil

Rochdale

Leyton Orient

Carlise

Bristol Rovers

Walsall

Bournemouth

Brighton

Hartlepool

Gillingham

to name a few...

all makes me feel very sad

If we do go down they should scrap the lot and start again, administration...everything.....lets get one block of shares, one owner and a new team on a small wage budget, i'd take league 1 football knowing that when we finally got back out we would be in a position to kick on and never revisit that steaming pile of poo poo league ever again...

At the moment its just a slow painfull death every season, i'm fed up!!

To be honest we've had our chances this season, I just cannot see us getting a win at Cardiff, I don't think they will be resting players either (they are still challenging for 3rd place)

With the Palace game on monday they will know a win and they are safe if we havn't already won on Saturday.

Added to that I don't think the players have got the bottle to perform in a winner takes all match against Palace if it does come to that

I just had a scan at the potential teams in that league next year there are some poor poor teams in there...

Yeovil

Rochdale

Leyton Orient

Carlise

Bristol Rovers

Walsall

Bournemouth

Brighton

Hartlepool

Gillingham

to name a few...

all makes me feel very sad

If we do go down they should scrap the lot and start again, administration...everything.....lets get one block of shares, one owner and a new team on a small wage budget, i'd take league 1 football knowing that when we finally got back out we would be in a position to kick on and never revisit that steaming pile of poo poo league ever again...

At the moment its just a slow painfull death every season, i'm fed up!!

If we do go down (and Bournemouth go up) that's one game I'm looking forward to, as being down south I know a fair few Cherries fans and I'm quite fond of them. Good little club, and last time I was at Dean Court, I loved it. Heckingbottom last minute header, our tiny allocation jam-packed, all standing and bouncing about for what seemed like an hour after. Also remember the ball being booted into our stand and one of our fans refusing to throw it back to Warren Cummings so he could take a throw, then when Graeme Lee I think it was came over the Wednesdayite threw the ball to him and he just volleyed it back into the stand. Was also stood next to the ginger bloke from Coronation Street for the second half. Ahh that was a good night.

Edited by Stokey

Guest Anglofile

Watford Form:

Last 8 Matches 21st

Last 5 Home Matches 16th

Last 5 Away Matches 24th

Edited by Anglofile

I am expecting the results to go our way tonight not that it will probably make any different in terms of outcome this season

My hope is that if it somehow goes to the final game, the players will be so thankful that they've got yet another opportunity they may just play with a bit more freedom - also having experienced the atmosphere against Utd they may handle the siuation better second time round.

After all the talk of needing 53+ points it's actually quite possible now that we could go into the last game on 46 points and STILL have it in our own hands to stay up - If that's the case, the players should see they've got away with blue murder for 45 games and grasp the opportunity - they should anyway dry.gif

I think if Watford lose, they will begin to worry a bit as they're only 2 points ahead of us, which means that one win for us (against Palace) and a draw for Palace against WBA would leave Watford in the bottom 3 on goal difference if they were to lose their last 2 games...unlikely they'll go down but there is often a surprise or two at this stage of the season.

Scunny are definitely out of it though- and fair play to them for it as well, they were the club who had the balls and fight to get themselves out of trouble unlike we did.

Yeovil

Rochdale

Leyton Orient

Carlise

Bristol Rovers

Walsall

Bournemouth

Brighton

Hartlepool

Gillingham

to name a few...

Went to see Bristol Rovers v Brentford on Saturday. Lots of huff and puff and no end product. Went to see Owls v Blunts on Sunday lots of huff and puff........ With Leeds, Norwich, Charlton and Southampton it was a tough league to get out of this year. Millwall, Swindon and Huddersfield have had good seasons and I wouldn't fancy us much at the moment against any of them if I'm honest. On the plus side i think whichever three teams go up they are stronger than Peterboro and Plymouth so it should be a weaker league . However, anyone who went to Port Vale this season will know exactly whats going to hit us next year if the worst happens.

I think our best chance personally is Watford just losing it. Their form at the moment is dire and when they lose they do seem to take a beating so goal difference could still come into it. Plus I think they are having a lot of bad luck at the moment, I watched Football league show on saturday night and IMHO penalty given against them was never a penalty and they seemed to cave in after that. If they can just show same level of luck and performances over the next couple of weeks they might not pick up another point.

However the downside there is we might not either.

UTO & WTID

Guest Anglofile

I think our best chance personally is Watford just losing it. Their form at the moment is dire and when they lose they do seem to take a beating so goal difference could still come into it. Plus I think they are having a lot of bad luck at the moment, I watched Football league show on saturday night and IMHO penalty given against them was never a penalty and they seemed to cave in after that. If they can just show same level of luck and performances over the next couple of weeks they might not pick up another point.

However the downside there is we might not either.

UTO & WTID

Could see Watford losing ALL remaining fixtures.

Could see Watford losing ALL remaining fixtures.

Even so, unless we win at least one of our remaining two games they will still finish ahead of us.

Forget Watford - our focus should be on what we need to do and not on whether other teams will choke.

forget the other teams, it's us i worry about

just can't see where the goals are going to come from for us to win at cardiff or against palace

very worrying indeed

Unfortunately, the fact we have so much to worry about with regards to our own side is the reason we have to worry about other teams!

That about sums it up.

Sadly this reminds me all to much of the 89-90 season - albeit the situation was slightly different.

For those old enough to remember, we were mid-table (ish) in March - seemingly safe after the arrival of Atkinson - but then proceeded to lose 5 of our last 6 games and were relegated on that fateful and bizarre final day of the season.

If I remember rightly, Luton had to win their last 3 games to stay up - which they did of course.

But throughout those final few games of the season it was always the case of "...we're too good to go down..."

Yet whilst the focus appeared to be on what others we doing, the team pathetically folded, culminating in the awful performance against Forest on that final day when the players looked like rabbits caught in a car's headlights.

Sadly this reminds me all to much of the 89-90 season - albeit the situation was slightly different.

For those old enough to remember, we were mid-table (ish) in March - seemingly safe after the arrival of Atkinson - but then proceeded to lose 5 of our last 6 games and were relegated on that fateful and bizarre final day of the season.

If I remember rightly, Luton had to win their last 3 games to stay up - which they did of course.

But throughout those final few games of the season it was always the case of "...we're too good to go down..."

Yet whilst the focus appeared to be on what others we doing, the team pathetically folded, culminating in the awful performance against Forest on that final day when the players looked like rabbits caught in a car's headlights.

To be honest, I think it's more like the last time we went down to League One - In other words, we've been poo all season, and deserve to be in the bottom three.