simond,son

are the other side bending the rules by allowing simondson to go back to stoke after only playing 1 game,allowing kenny to be back in squad

they must have signed him for longer than 1 match as his month long loan ended on thursday

or can we all sign premership keepers for 1 game

your thoughts

are the other side bending the rules by allowing simondson to go back to stoke after only playing 1 game,allowing kenny to be back in squad

they must have signed him for longer than 1 match as his month long loan ended on thursday

your thoughts

IIRC, Emergency Loan Rules regarding Goalkeepers are different to normal rules - I think what they did is within the rules.

your thoughts

Am I totally missing something here? He's played about 6 games for them.

Am I totally missing something here? He's played about 6 games for them.

think he is on about the "renewal"

Simonsens loan deal (IIRC) was up before they played us, yet Cockwell spoke to Stoke about extending it until after this weekend

think he is on about the "renewal"

Simonsens loan deal (IIRC) was up before they played us, yet Cockwell spoke to Stoke about extending it until after this weekend

I see...I was missing something then :biggrin:

Can't see anything wrong with it myself to be honest, and they're certainly not breaking..or bending..any rules.

I see...I was missing something then :biggrin:

Can't see anything wrong with it myself to be honest, and they're certainly not breaking..or bending..any rules.

I didn't think so neither.

But how long did they extend the deal for and why has he now returned if they extended until the end of the season ?

I didn't think so neither.

But how long did they extend the deal for and why has he now returned if they extended until the end of the season ?

Think Blackbeard summed it up in his post match interview...the season's over for them now, and I think that's not unreasonable.

He threw players like Camara and Evans into the squad, happy to risk them for the derby even if it meant they were out for the last 2 games.

If they had the option to send him back whenever they like, and assuming they're paying at least some of his wages, it makes sense to save the £££ if the season is done with for them now.

And I agree with Bruce...if we could bring Simonsen in next year for less than we undoubtedly sell off Granty for (my money's on him going to Turf Moore personally), I wouldn't be too displeased with that.

To be fair he had next to rumbleall to do, they'd have been OK with little ginger Quinn in the net.

:biggrin: too true :blush:

Tw@well signed Simonsen on month's loan on 19th April after Blackburn recalled 'Bunny'. Made debut for Pigz at Keepmoat where they narrowly averted equallin their worst run of consecutive defeats (8) they set in Prem.

Yesterday was 7th game he's played for em after they extended loan by a week. All above board though.

They plan havin the fat druggie back between t'posts in meaningless match v Swans on Sat

To be fair he had next to rumbleall to do, they'd have been OK with little ginger Quinn in the net.

Tw@well signed Simonsen on month's loan on 19th April after Blackburn recalled 'Bunny'. Made debut for Pigz at Keepmoat where they narrowly averted equallin their worst run of consecutive defeats (8) they set in Prem.

Yesterday was 7th game he's played for em after they extended loan by a week. All above board though.

They plan havin the fat druggie back between t'posts in meaningless match v Swans on Sat

Think Blackbeard summed it up in his post match interview...the season's over for them now, and I think that's not unreasonable.

He threw players like Camara and Evans into the squad, happy to risk them for the derby even if it meant they were out for the last 2 games.

If they had the option to send him back whenever they like, and assuming they're paying at least some of his wages, it makes sense to save the £££ if the season is done with for them now.

And I agree with Bruce...if we could bring Simonsen in next year for less than we undoubtedly sell off Granty for (my money's on him going to Turf Moore personally), I wouldn't be too displeased with that.

Yeah heard Cackwell soundin mardy as ever sayin didn't care if they got injured as their seasons over anyway :biggrin::laugh:

They extended Simonsen's deal by a week so he could play against us, Piedy's ban ends this week - he can play again from Thursday - so will be in net for 2 dead rubbers. Was initially an issue over match fitness as not been able to train wi fellow grunters but their season ended ages ago so may as well get him to earn his swill.

Agree about Grant & Burnley, Simonsen jus turned 32 so still good few years left, Stoke got him on a free 6 years ago, we could afford the probable small(ish) fee from Grant sale, however would he want to drop down to League 1? :ph34r:

Sorry for double posts - doin it on phone and posts again when refreshes page :blush::blush:

IMHO I don't think that Grant will ask for a transfer, if our worst fears are to be confirmed.

I think he has grown a real attachment to Wednesday and realises that we have saved his career in some respects.

I think finance would dictate the move, rather than personal preference

IMHO I don't think that Grant will ask for a transfer, if our worst fears are to be confirmed.

I think he has grown a real attachment to Wednesday and realises that we have saved his career in some respects.

I think finance would dictate the move, rather than personal preference

It'd be awesome if that was true.

Not only would he be the best 'keeper in League One, but it would also be to our advantage if another club did make an offer.