The future

Well the dust has settled after yesterdays result and i've now finally resigned myself to the fact that we are going to be playing league 1 football next season. We now need to llok forward and focus on how we are going to lift our club up again. From memory from LS notes in programme we are near 9k season ticket holders already for next season ( a medal to each and every one) so we must already have a wage budget in excess of £3m and although we will be dropping a division ( which will obviously impact on the number of st's sold) I would expect another 2k STs to be sold before 10-11 season kicks off so we should have a budget of circa £4m.

A lot of the current players (thank god) contracts expire and should not be renewed (and if they are we seriously need to question AI'S suitability to be our manager) so he should be able to pick his own players so he'll therefore have to stand by and be judged by his own judgement.

We should be in the top 5 wage payers within the division and that coupled with our potential gives us an advantage over a lot of the clubs in the division.

When we do go down we must use this as a sprongboard and never again allow ourselves to be in this position. Off the pitch things are moving in the right direction but on the pitch neds to follow.

UTO & WTID

We seem to all presuming we'll stay in League 1. I remember watching Wolves at Scarborough a few years back, and the unwashed from across the City had a spell in the bottom league.

Take Grant and a few others out of that team, and add in a few old men like Purse, O'Conner and Gray, and it ain't looking good. I think we are in for the long haul here. We'll have the biggest debt in League 1 by far, which isn't a decent starting point. We fluked it under Sturrock, and may not be so lucky next/this time.

Hold on tight.

We seem to all presuming we'll stay in League 1. I remember watching Wolves at Scarborough a few years back, and the unwashed from across the City had a spell in the bottom league.

Take Grant and a few others out of that team, and add in a few old men like Purse, O'Conner and Gray, and it ain't looking good. I think we are in for the long haul here. We'll have the biggest debt in League 1 by far, which isn't a decent starting point. We fluked it under Sturrock, and may not be so lucky next/this time.

Hold on tight.

yep am doing

If we go down the budget that AI has to play with will decide our fate : a 'sprongboard' back or a few turneresque flirtations with Div 2. Lambert has shown how to do it hopefully Grayson hasn't too :happy: