It could have, should have been us.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8629045.stm

N'er mind eh.

Who still believes WBA wanted to pay £3million compo for Irvine and that PNE turned it down?

People like you really wind me up. Until a new manager gets his own players in no one has the right to make snidey comments like that.

flipping pathetic.

Oh and how long did Coppell last in a real pressure job at Man City?

30 days??

Edited by markowl

Brizzle are welcome to him. If he was managing us we'd be down already/

gonads. What on earth do you base that on? Coppell's CV is infinitely better tha both Laws' and Irvine's. I'm sure he wouldn't have been daft enough to extend Tom Soare's loan deal.

gonads. What on earth do you base that on? Coppell's CV is infinitely better tha both Laws' and Irvine's. I'm sure he wouldn't have been daft enough to extend Tom Soare's loan deal.

gonads. What on earth do you base that on?

etc etc

Coppell is a good manager but can't take the pressure of unrealistic aspirations so the Wednesday job would have been the wrong job at the wrong time. I don't blame AI for the current mess - it's quite clear that the majority in the existing squad aren't up for the challenge (most of the defence and O'Connor excepted). Next season will be the test of AI as a manager. Whichever division we're in, we need him to bring some players into the team who's heads won't drop if we concede a goal.

Coppell is a good manager but can't take the pressure of unrealistic aspirations so the Wednesday job would have been the wrong job at the wrong time. I don't blame AI for the current mess - it's quite clear that the majority in the existing squad aren't up for the challenge (most of the defence and O'Connor excepted). Next season will be the test of AI as a manager. Whichever division we're in, we need him to bring some players into the team who's heads won't drop if we concede a goal.

you wont get any youve got irvine incharge

Guest Darkus Owlus

It's funny, because he handled the expectation of getting Reading promoted quite well, so if there's logic he's be alright getting us into midtable mediocrity.

Guest intercity0wl

I dont think Coppell would want to be at Wednesday without a bit of cash to spend. He doesnt seem to be interested in getting his hands dirty.

Im still firmly behind AI anyway, until he can get his own players in.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/b/bristol_city/8629045.stm

N'er mind eh.

Who still believes WBA wanted to pay £3million compo for Irvine and that PNE turned it down?

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-stress-forces-coppell-to-quit-city-job-1351535.html

Check the above link, and see the measure of the man you'd have as Wednesday Manager. I certainly don't want soembody who walks away after thtirty three days in the job.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football-stress-forces-coppell-to-quit-city-job-1351535.html

Check the above link, and see the measure of the man you'd have as Wednesday Manager. I certainly don't want soembody who walks away after thtirty three days in the job.

Whats wrong with a bit of honesty in football, if hes in the wrong place then move on and deal with it. I suppose its too much to hope for that Irvings a quitter.

Guest JonTheOwl66

Whats wrong with a bit of honesty in football, if hes in the wrong place then move on and deal with it. I suppose its too much to hope for that Irvings a quitter.

fool..