Just got back

Apologies if a lot of this has already been said, but I got back from the match to Newcastle last night and have needed to vent ever since! What a jammy equaliser!

First off, I thought the atmosphere outside the ground was a lot more edgy than usual derbies. I saw a lot of blades "fans" starting trouble in the park and in Hillsborough, there was a much more nasty atmosphere this time I thought.

One thing I said early doors, United are pretty slow but good from set peices...so we proceeded to give them corner after corner and free kick after free kick all game. I knew something would pop in eventually, we were lucky with Purse but it was still galling to see that cross fly in and for him to run off as if he meant it...United's support had been pretty quiet up to that point I thought. We seemed comfortable but once they got that goal we didnt know what to do. I thought that if we could get the ball down and play it we would get chances, when we did that we did create chances, nice goal but poor miss from JJ! There didnt seem to be much urgency when we went to 1-1 which was frustrating.

JOC- MOM for me, never stopped and one of the few that treated it with the importance.

Tudgay- Ive stuck up for him on many occassion when people say he wants out, I stand by that, but he couldnt seem to link up with the other strikers, he seemed very low on confidence and unable to get into effective positions. Him and Varney were sniping at each other all through the first half.

Finally- Big striker needed, if were going to rely on set pieces, someone like Sodje or even Burton wouldve suited us better yesterday. Lumping it into the box just allowed Tudgay, Varney, Clarke etc get totally bullied by Morgan and Nosworthy.

Can't argue with that.

Big striker coming according to some in the club- jon parkin!

Where did you hear that? I actually think he'd do well.

Ratboy Quinn, Creswell and Camara looked ok for them but other than that they are a woeful team. I dont think they wouldve scored from open play which makes it even more difficult to accept :mad:

Guest Darkus Owlus

Can't argue with that.

Big striker coming according to some in the club- jon parkin!

Someone like that could give me some faith about staying up. He'd definately get goals with us and is worth the stretch on the finances, or we can enjoy millions of lost revenue in League 1 next season instead.

Someone like that could give me some faith about staying up. He'd definately get goals with us and is worth the stretch on the finances, or we can enjoy millions of lost revenue in League 1 next season instead.

I would love JP!!

he is the kind of guy who would give 100% every game and wouldn't be scared of thugs like piggy Morgan.

Guys like him become fans favorites wherever they play.

AI - Sign the lad up if possible.