How many players will stop if we go down

Guest Wildman1867

Guest Stereophonics

I admit that Purse makes some good last ditch tackles. This is usually because he has pushed high up the pitch to try and win a header and completely missed it. We are so used to watching crap players that people think Purse is good. He makes Chris Morgan look like a good footballer

I would like to keep

Grant

Spurr

Beevers

Purse

Nolan

Potter

Miller

JJ

O'connor

and that's it. I have been very impressed with Nolan and would love to see him with us next year. We would have to sign about 10 new players next season and that is something i look forward to no matter what league we are in

Guest becauseofboxingday

I admit that Purse makes some good last ditch tackles. This is usually because he has pushed high up the pitch to try and win a header and completely missed it. We are so used to watching crap players that people think Purse is good. He makes Chris Morgan look like a good footballer

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

No, lets build a team around Captain Calamity.

Earlier in the season Alvin Martin was on Talk Sport and was asked when did he first know that his legs were gone. He replied that the first thing he started doing was misjudging the flight of the ball so he continually got caught too far under it. Ring any bells?

Despite my rage it is irrelevant because nobody would take him, so we have to utilise him as best as we can.

Alvin Martin was one player, age effects us all in different ways.

Like the way I feel incontinant everytime a decent winger runs at Spurr!

Guest Wildman1867

Purse is useless. He is one of the worst centre halves I have ever seen. I cannot remember a season when one player has single handedly cost us so many goals. The amount of times he misjudges the flight of a ball and it ends up going straight over his head is ridiculous. But since Christmas he has tried hard...............................

Just like JOC. The problem is that he is the slowest player in the League, the shortest player in the league, genuinely isn't strong enough to kick it above head height (its like watching an eight year old), can't pass it, can't shoot, can't tackle, BUT he tries hard.........

In League 1, I would keep Grant, Spurr, Beevers, McAllister, Potter (who despite what most say has more ability in his little toe than most of our squad), Miller, Tudgay and JJ. If we could get him I would also sign Nolan. Anybody else who is still in contract (such as Purse) we will also definitely be keeping as nobody else will want them for the ridiculous wages we are paying. Therefore, the fact is that the only players we can get rid of are the ones out of contract and lets face it if they were any good we would have already re-signed them. The following are definitely out of contract:-

Clarke

Sodje

Jeffers

Varney (loan)

Nolan (loan)

Esajas

Boden

Hinds

Simek

Gray

Getting rid of that should severely slash our wage bill. The only ones I would consider keeping would be Nolan and if we went down maybe Hinds as well.

Does anybody know if JOC is also out of contract?

I am in a bad mood. :angry:

O'DONNELL & JAMESON ARE BOTH OUT OF CONTRACT AS WELL

^^^^^^^^^^^^

This

Yes he's been a disaster. All this crap about him now being a rock is bullsh*t. He could have cut the ball out against Bristol if I remember correct and could have done so on many other occasions during the season, starting with Barnsley on the very first day.

He's a slightly better version of Ashely Westwood, who in my opinion is probably one of the worse player ever to play for Wednesday.

Say we keep those currently under contract whether thats bacause they are poo poo or nobody else wants them, i'd like to resign Nolan and Varney if we can and as much as it pains me to say it i'd offer JJ a 2yr deal.

Getting rid of Simek, Hinds, Gray, Esajas, Boden, McAllister, Jeffers, Clarke, Sodje and the transfer of Wood must and will have freed up a hefty chunk of wages.

Even if we retained Nolan and Varney we would probably need another 7 players hopefully we could get a couple of long term prem loans in

Grant

O'Donnell

Beevers

Purse

Buxton

Spurr

Nolan (poss)

?????

?????

Johnson (2yr)

Miller

Potter

O'Connor

??????

??????

??????

Tudgay

Varney (poss)

??????

??????

For me that should be our base whichever league we end up playing in and work from there

Guest wednesday83

The only hope we have of someone wanting our players is Brian Laws if he can somehow keep his job at Burnley. Lets face it, other than Brian , who is really gunna want Spurr???? Would we miss Grant that much??? Im sure we could easily find a good replacment.

The only player id be sad to see go would be Beevers who I feel genuinely has the potential to be a great player soon. The rest can all go on rip off other clubs.

The only hope we have of someone wanting our players is Brian Laws if he can somehow keep his job at Burnley. Lets face it, other than Brian , who is really gunna want Spurr???? Would we miss Grant that much??? Im sure we could easily find a good replacment.

The only player id be sad to see go would be Beevers who I feel genuinely has the potential to be a great player soon. The rest can all go on rip off other clubs.

Beevers is not going to be a great player soon. He may be a steady championship centre half at best. There was a lot of hype about beevers when he first came on the scene that has carried through. Wood was and is a better centre half at his age and he left us for chips.

The thing for me about beevers is that although I understand he's young, he still makes the most basic of errors, if I was just picking on distribution / leadership / organisation, then maybe that will come. But its not that, its things like going to ground easy, not reading the game, poor positioning.

I'm not saying hes useless, hes not, but I think we need to get out of our head that hes some future saleable asset or the man to build our team around.

Hope im wrong.

Guest Aussie_Dave

Just sell everyone over 23 or 24 (maybe keep one or two experinced lads) buy young players and build a team that might not get us up the leagues quickly but will let swfc be a sustainable premier league in 5 or 6 years