How many players will stop if we go down

Guest Wildman1867

Guest Sheff Owl

I am sick to the back teeth of saying this but i could not care less - GET RID OF THE flipping LOT!!!!!

They have got us in this mess so why do we have to watch another season with this useless bunch of spinless shits?

Enough is enough, time is now to rebuild and say to the current ones thanks but you have fooked us big time....

Yes you could say some are more responsibile than others but then again you could say you play as a team so your ALL responsible.

There can be no sentiment....flip THEM OFF AND TELL THEM THE MINUTE THAT FINAL WHISTLE GOES ON THE FINAL DAY TO END THIS SHOCKING SEASON.

I am really angry with some of these players, they should be looking for new careers.

Guest totemowl

I am sick to the back teeth of saying this but i could not care less - GET RID OF THE flipping LOT!!!!!

They have got us in this mess so why do we have to watch another season with this useless bunch of spinless shits?

Enough is enough, time is now to rebuild and say to the current ones thanks but you have fooked us big time....

Yes you could say some are more responsibile than others but then again you could say you play as a team so your ALL responsible.

There can be no sentiment....flip THEM OFF AND TELL THEM THE MINUTE THAT FINAL WHISTLE GOES ON THE FINAL DAY TO END THIS SHOCKING SEASON.

I am really angry with some of these players, they should be looking for new careers.

Grow some spine FFS!

none of them shoudl want to leave after what they have put us through tbh i mean i can understand if grant wants to leave as he has worked his bolloxs off since day one but the rest have the squad should still prove why they are playing for sheffield wednesday football club, if they leave, if they leave just because we go down it just shows how committed they really weren't

Edited by madeinsheffield

Guest becauseofboxingday

Keep Grant, Purse and Varney. The rest can go (if anyone will have them)

Purse is useless. He is one of the worst centre halves I have ever seen. I cannot remember a season when one player has single handedly cost us so many goals. The amount of times he misjudges the flight of a ball and it ends up going straight over his head is ridiculous. But since Christmas he has tried hard...............................

Just like JOC. The problem is that he is the slowest player in the League, the shortest player in the league, genuinely isn't strong enough to kick it above head height (its like watching an eight year old), can't pass it, can't shoot, can't tackle, BUT he tries hard.........

In League 1, I would keep Grant, Spurr, Beevers, McAllister, Potter (who despite what most say has more ability in his little toe than most of our squad), Miller, Tudgay and JJ. If we could get him I would also sign Nolan. Anybody else who is still in contract (such as Purse) we will also definitely be keeping as nobody else will want them for the ridiculous wages we are paying. Therefore, the fact is that the only players we can get rid of are the ones out of contract and lets face it if they were any good we would have already re-signed them. The following are definitely out of contract:-

Clarke

Sodje

Jeffers

Varney (loan)

Nolan (loan)

Esajas

Boden

Hinds

Simek

Gray

Getting rid of that should severely slash our wage bill. The only ones I would consider keeping would be Nolan and if we went down maybe Hinds as well.

Does anybody know if JOC is also out of contract?

I am in a bad mood. :angry:

Can't wait for us to get rid of most of them.

Very few players will have come out of this season with any credit.

I'd like to keep Miller, Johnson, Macca and JOC.

I'd also like to keep Grant, but I think the money we could make from selling him, around £1M or so, could be used to bring in 3-4 other players.

Other than that... Not really that bothered.

Stay up or go down, anyone who commands any sort of transfer fee should be sold, including Grant. If anyone is mental enough to come in with a bid for either Tudgay or Spurr, then that deal should be concluded ASAP before they have the chance to think about what they are buying.

Start again, build from scratch, because this squad is quite clearly deficient in most areas for the CCC now. If we can get a decent fee for Grant, sell him, and go out and get someone like Simonsen for example (as was mentioned in a thread yesterday), then reinvest the rest elsewhere.

All the out of contract players should be moved on, if we have a quality chance to start afresh after this disastorous season, we need to take it. Aim to rebuild a close knit, small, and hard working squad of around 20 players, and build from the basis that hard work and application should be a given for every game. OK it may take us a while to gel, but its time for a proper clearout. Realistically, people like Purse, Miller, JOC won't be going anywhere, so lets use them as a base, pray to God that they have seen the last of any injury worries, and build around them. Them three are good enough for the CCC, definitely for L1, and probably won't attract any offers this summer, so utilise them, and totally reconstruct around them.

Purse is useless. He is one of the worst centre halves I have ever seen. I cannot remember a season when one player has single handedly cost us so many goals. The amount of times he misjudges the flight of a ball and it ends up going straight over his head is ridiculous. But since Christmas he has tried hard...............................

Just like JOC. The problem is that he is the slowest player in the League, the shortest player in the league, genuinely isn't strong enough to kick it above head height (its like watching an eight year old), can't pass it, can't shoot, can't tackle, BUT he tries hard.........

In League 1, I would keep Grant, Spurr, Beevers, McAllister, Potter (who despite what most say has more ability in his little toe than most of our squad), Miller, Tudgay and JJ. If we could get him I would also sign Nolan. Anybody else who is still in contract (such as Purse) we will also definitely be keeping as nobody else will want them for the ridiculous wages we are paying. Therefore, the fact is that the only players we can get rid of are the ones out of contract and lets face it if they were any good we would have already re-signed them. The following are definitely out of contract:-

Clarke

Sodje

Jeffers

Varney (loan)

Nolan (loan)

Esajas

Boden

Hinds

Simek

Gray

Getting rid of that should severely slash our wage bill. The only ones I would consider keeping would be Nolan and if we went down maybe Hinds as well.

Does anybody know if JOC is also out of contract?

I am in a bad mood. :angry:

I'm not sure but I think Johnson is also out of contract and obviously Soares will leave as well

So that leaves under contract being:

Grant

Buxton

Purse

Beevers

Spurr

Potter

Miller

O'Connor

Tudgay

Irrespective of which league we are in thats one hell of a recruitment drive we need to do in the summer

Stay up or go down, anyone who commands any sort of transfer fee should be sold, including Grant. If anyone is mental enough to come in with a bid for either Tudgay or Spurr, then that deal should be concluded ASAP before they have the chance to think about what they are buying.

Start again, build from scratch, because this squad is quite clearly deficient in most areas for the CCC now. If we can get a decent fee for Grant, sell him, and go out and get someone like Simonsen for example (as was mentioned in a thread yesterday), then reinvest the rest elsewhere.

All the out of contract players should be moved on, if we have a quality chance to start afresh after this disastorous season, we need to take it. Aim to rebuild a close knit, small, and hard working squad of around 20 players, and build from the basis that hard work and application should be a given for every game. OK it may take us a while to gel, but its time for a proper clearout. Realistically, people like Purse, Miller, JOC won't be going anywhere, so lets use them as a base, pray to God that they have seen the last of any injury worries, and build around them. Them three are good enough for the CCC, definitely for L1, and probably won't attract any offers this summer, so utilise them, and totally reconstruct around them.

I think Miller could be our stand out player, if we are in L1 next season. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bag 15+ goals in that division.

Guest Stereophonics

Players i'd keep for league 1

Buxton

Hinds

McAllister

O'Connor

Johnson

Beevers

Simek

Varney

Miller

I think that they would be good players in that league. I'd love to keep Grant but he'd leave i think.

I'd also get rid of Purse. Yes he's tried hard since Christmas but his displays before then cost us god knows how many points and is one of the reasons that we have always been on the back foot.

Edited by Stereophonics

I think Miller could be our stand out player, if we are in L1 next season. Wouldn't be at all surprised to see him bag 15+ goals in that division.

I totally agree, if in L1 we will have a great nucleus of players down the spine of the team, Purse, Beevers in DC, and JOC and Miller CM. We just need a total new strike force and we will be in business.

100% behind the shouts to aquire Jon Parkin (if at all feasable)

I think loan signings would feature heavily if we drop. Some good youth from a prem club.

Players i'd keep for league 1

Buxton

Hinds

McAllister

O'Connor

Johnson

Beevers

Simek

Varney

Miller

I think that they would be good players in that league. I'd love to keep Grant but he'd leave i think.

I'd also get rid of Purse. Yes he's tried hard since Christmas but his displays before then cost us god knows how many points and is one of the reasons that we have always been on the back foot.

Matron bring the medication!!!

You gotta be joking right?

Guest becauseofboxingday

Matron bring the medication!!!

You gotta be joking right?

No, lets build a team around Captain Calamity.

Earlier in the season Alvin Martin was on Talk Sport and was asked when did he first know that his legs were gone. He replied that the first thing he started doing was misjudging the flight of the ball so he continually got caught too far under it. Ring any bells?

Despite my rage it is irrelevant because nobody would take him, so we have to utilise him as best as we can.

Edited by becauseofboxingday

I totally agree, if in L1 we will have a great nucleus of players down the spine of the team, Purse, Beevers in DC, and JOC and Miller CM. We just need a total new strike force and we will be in business.

100% behind the shouts to aquire Jon Parkin (if at all feasable)

I think loan signings would feature heavily if we drop. Some good youth from a prem club.

I'd be looking for strikers experienced in the lower leagues who have proven goal scoring records. If we were to use our money wisely then we could have cash to spend on transfer fees.

No, lets build a team around Captain Calamity.

Earlier in the season Alvin Martin was on Talk Sport and was asked when did he first know that his legs were gone. He replied that the first thing he started doing was misjudging the flight of the ball so he continually got caught too far under it. Ring any bells?

Despite my rage it is irrelevant because nobody would take him, so we have to utilise him as best as we can.

Apart from the fact he's been the best player since Irvine arrived by an absolute mile, and has nearly made Beevers look like a centre half again, keep going.

Yes he was crap at the start of the season, he knows it, we know it, but he's put that firmly to bed over the past few months. It seems there is a minority clinging onto his bad start, and using it against him in a stubborn way as to not admit that he has actually turned out pretty damn good for us. First name on my team sheet next year, CCC or L1.

Guest becauseofboxingday

Apart from the fact he's been the best player since Irvine arrived by an absolute mile, and has nearly made Beevers look like a centre half again, keep going.

Yes he was crap at the start of the season, he knows it, we know it, but he's put that firmly to bed over the past few months. It seems there is a minority clinging onto his bad start, and using it against him in a stubborn way as to not admit that he has actually turned out pretty damn good for us. First name on my team sheet next year, CCC or L1.

I think you watch a different game to me.

He still gets caught under the ball on a ridiculously regular basis. He very rarely wins a header against even small strikers and even when he does never manages to head it forwards (seriously count the times in a game when Purse beats the striker in the air and heads it forward - some games the count is zero). He is easily outpaced, for someone so experienced his positioning at times is laughable and every time the ball goes near him he treats it like a hand grenade.

People really have got used to watching absolute tripe if they believe that Purse is a decent centre half. Watch Morgan's performances, there is a good centre half.

And why does the fact that he is experienced instantly mean that he takes the credit for the good performances of Beevers? Beevers would look a lot better with a decent player alongside him.

Edited by becauseofboxingday

I think you watch a different game to me.

He still gets caught under the ball on a ridiculously regular basis. He very rarely wins a header against even small strikers and even when he does never manages to head it forwards (seriously count the times in a game when Purse beats the striker in the air and heads it forward - some games the count is zero). He is easily outpaced, for someone so experienced his positioning at times is laughable and every time the ball goes near him he treats it like a hand grenade.

People really have got used to watching absolute tripe if they believe that Purse is a decent centre half. Watch Morgan's performances, there is a good centre half.

And why does the fact that he is experienced instantly mean that he takes the credit for the good performances of Beevers? Beevers would look a lot better with a decent player alongside him.

Purse has been nothing short of heroic in a lot of games since Xmas.

The problem is that some people like yourself will never forgive him for his frankly shocking performances up until November time.

He's been our 'player of the 2nd half of the season' :biggrin: