If we go down?

Guest Sheff Owl

If we go down or not we should do:

1) Revamp our academy

2) Totally restructure our scouting network

3) Rebuild our playing squad with heavy focus on character of our potential players (no more backbone lacking mercenaries at S6), and looking to sign them on deals where achievement bonuses would make large part of their wages if possible.

The very least that we should do to prepare ourselves for the next season in what ever division we find ourselves next year.

You hope!!

Seriously i wish we got rid of the most of them (bar 2 or 3) but i can't see it, i think Irvine will rate many of them and want to keep them.

If he rates the likes of Hinds, Simek, Jeffers, Esajas, Gray and McAllister why have they sat on the bench game after game even as we have struggled for results? Why, when Buxton was injured and he had two potential ready made replacements sat alongside him did he sign Nolan?

Based on playing time, Clarke is about the only one who could entertain any hopes of getting a new deal next year, and I wouldn't be too sure about him either.

Well obviously. But the thread is about players in the final year of their contracts and how likely they are to be re-signed. This episode spoke for itself didn't it?

It surely does

Watching him play it seems to me that Nolan wants to stay here, and I think he must be automatic replacement for either Hinds, Simek, or even both...

Guest Sheff Owl

If he rates the likes of Hinds, Simek, Jeffers, Esajas, Gray and McAllister why have they sat on the bench game after game even as we have struggled for results? Why, when Buxton was injured and he had two potential ready made replacements sat alongside him did he sign Nolan?

Based on playing time, Clarke is about the only one who could entertain any hopes of getting a new deal next year, and I wouldn't be too sure about him either.

Million dollar question...if he thought the bench was that poor then why not just say to them not using you and get some youngsters on the bench? it's not gonna hurt is it? Well he ain't using the current sent of players on the bench is he, so he ain't forced to use the youngsters and maybe we might HAVE to use some of them next season.

Guest Sheff Owl

Well obviously. But the thread is about players in the final year of their contracts and how likely they are to be re-signed. This episode spoke for itself didn't it?

Yep can be applied to the players out of contract but also the ones in contract, yes you can only get rid if others want them but surely we have to try and get rid, it will be shocking to think we don't even try and get rid of some, we need a massive clearout, in contract or not, some have to be told they have no future here contact or no contact.

I dread to think about watching next season with many of this current suqad still here.

Probably cos there's no one else!

Will/should the fans demand some answers to what the heck has gone on this season?

Should Lee Strafford come out and explain what's gone on? What's his views on playing squad now?

Will Irvine be truthful about this squad of players? (ie is the bench that poo poo we he not use them)

It will be very interesting to get some answers at to what the bloody hell has happened, when you think back pre season and then now...flip me it's unreal.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselfs and decide if they have enough passion, fight, desire to be footballers and if not already at the end of the season whatever the League a few home truths need to be said to this spinless lot (minus 2 or 3 players who have tried)

We know what's gone on:

1. We started the season with a small squad, 10 of which were out of contract at the end of the season, bearing in mind we spent much of the summer negotiating with other players who's contracts were set to expire (Tudgay, Spurr, Grant, Wood, JJ) nine of the ten knew that if they didn't impress they were out and most of them weren't getting in the first 11.

2. The longest serving player at the club had the captaincy taken off him and passed to a new signing who desperately struggled for form at the start of the season.

3. When said player was eventually dropped, the captaincy was then handed to the only player who had probably struggled for form more than Purse had.

4. The Richard Wood debacle was handled very very badly.

5. Money wasted on poo poo loan signings (Feeney)

5. With hindsight, we probably persisted with Laws for too long.

6. The supposed 'investment'

Need I continue further?