If we go down?

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

Will/should the fans demand some answers to what the heck has gone on this season?

Should Lee Strafford come out and explain what's gone on? What's his views on playing squad now?

Will Irvine be truthful about this squad of players? (ie is the bench that poo poo we he not use them)

It will be very interesting to get some answers at to what the bloody hell has happened, when you think back pre season and then now...flip me it's unreal.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselfs and decide if they have enough passion, fight, desire to be footballers and if not already at the end of the season whatever the League a few home truths need to be said to this spinless lot (minus 2 or 3 players who have tried)

Will/should the fans demand some answers to what the heck has gone on this season?

Should Lee Strafford come out and explain what's gone on? What's his views on playing squad now?

Will Irvine be truthful about this squad of players? (ie is the bench that poo poo we he not use them)

It will be very interesting to get some answers at to what the bloody hell has happened, when you think back pre season and then now...flip me it's unreal.

The players need to take a long hard look at themselfs and decide if they have enough passion, fight, desire to be footballers and if not already at the end of the season whatever the League a few home truths need to be said to this spinless lot (minus 2 or 3 players who have tried)

If we do go down, then I would want less soundbytes and more actions, because in football they speak a lot louder than words.

Those actions are fairly simple - free transfer any player out of contract. And make available pretty much everyone else. Clear the decks completely.

I would be very interested to hear Lee's take on this season, especially if we end up beating (or at least getting near to) the average attendance target.

Guest Sheff Owl

If we do go down, then I would want less soundbytes and more actions, because in football they speak a lot louder than words.

Those actions are fairly simple - free transfer any player out of contract. And make available pretty much everyone else. Clear the decks completely.

I would be very interested to hear Lee's take on this season, especially if we end up beating (or at least getting near to) the average attendance target.

Yeah SOMETHING needs to be done.

As for 'clearing the decks' fully agree but i just have this sneaky feeling Irvine rates many of these players and will keep a lot of them on, imo HUGE MISTAKE!!

i just have this sneaky feeling Irvine rates many of these players and will keep a lot of them on, imo HUGE MISTAKE!!

If he does keep most of these current players we are going to struggle whatever league we are in, no doubt about it!

Guest Sheff Owl

If he does keep most of these current players we are going to struggle whatever league we are in, no doubt about it!

Fully agree and i personally think we could be looking at an even lower crowd next season if many of them are kept on, enough is enough.

Guest intercity0wl

The current set of players don't have the fight or passion to succeed in League One - if that's what it comes to.

Most of the current squad of players wont be around next season whatever division we are in.

Guest OwlertonG

IF WE GO DOWN?

It could be a matter of fecking Goal Difference, which is very very sad if it comes to that... but also a sign that we do indeed need a GOAL getter and we should of sold Tudders to Burnely early in the season

Wasn't there was a leaked report a few months ago saying a large percentage of the playing squad would have to be replaced at the end of the season as their contracts were unlikely to be renewed. I wonder if that helped matters? Even identified how many in each position would be released. Didn't take a genius to work out who was for the chop.

Wasn't there was a leaked report a few months ago saying a large percentage of the playing squad would have to be replaced at the end of the season as their contracts were unlikely to be renewed. I wonder if that helped matters? Even identified how many in each position would be released. Didn't take a genius to work out who was for the chop.

I think the leaked report is a 'red herring' THH. If you were one of the ones identified as being potentially for the chop, wouldn't you work twice as hard to make sure you weren't?

Why has Nolan, who doesn't have a contract with us at all, been one of the better performing players?

Guest chezzyowl

The issue with clearing the decks is next season will be rebuild, not promotion without investment we'll get dross so be prepared for exile.

For the 9000 who have bought season tickets my heart goes to each and everyone of you, there should be a clause in there saying money back guarantee.....

Hopefully my negative feelings of this morning will be proven wrong and we'll storm the last 2 games, but playing with fear means we will not, in my opinion...

Guest intercity0wl

I think the leaked report is a 'red herring' THH. If you were one of the ones identified as being potentially for the chop, wouldn't you work twice as hard to make sure you weren't?

Why has Nolan, who doesn't have a contract with us at all, been one of the better performing players?

Because as Irvine knew straight away he is a better and more versatile player than what he was having to rely and work with, Just as he knew that Miller is also better and included him in the team as son as he was available, shame about his newest injury, is it just a coincidence we have lost some of our newly found shape since millers enforced omission from the side.

Because as Irvine knew straight away he is a better and more versatile player than what he was having to rely and work with, Just as he knew that Miller is also better and included him in the team as son as he was available, shame about his newest injury, is it just a coincidence we have lost some of our newly found shape since millers enforced omission from the side.

Yes, but to be fair (my buzz word for this moring sorry) with contracts you can't win.

A lot of people say that Tudguy isn't bothered because he has good contract and others say players without a contract aren't bothered because of lack of security.

Both can't be right can they?

Guest intercity0wl

The issue with clearing the decks is next season will be rebuild, not promotion without investment we'll get dross so be prepared for exile.

For the 9000 who have bought season tickets my heart goes to each and everyone of you, there should be a clause in there saying money back guarantee.....

Hopefully my negative feelings of this morning will be proven wrong and we'll storm the last 2 games, but playing with fear means we will not, in my opinion...

No need to feel sorry for me mate, Im a football fan who happens to have been brought up an Owl so so not purchasing a S/T is not an option, just like it wasnt the last time we were a third tier team.

It does not matter which league we are in next season a consistent winning team will soon dispel your negative feelings, trust me.

Guest intercity0wl

Yes, but to be fair (my buzz word for this moring sorry) with contracts you can't win.

A lot of people say that Tudguy isn't bothered because he has good contract and others say players without a contract aren't bothered because of lack of security.

Both can't be right can they?

Your right they cant, but my own opinion for what its worth is that out of contract or not it simply boils down to certain players just not being good enough, and no amount of huffing and puffin closing players down quickly ect ect can make up for having no actual ability with the ball at your feet..

Guest Sheff Owl

Most of the current squad of players wont be around next season whatever division we are in.

You hope!!

Seriously i wish we got rid of the most of them (bar 2 or 3) but i can't see it, i think Irvine will rate many of them and want to keep them.

Guest Sheff Owl

Total change is needed including the running of the academy. The only question is can we afford it?

Have to agree with you.

There was a time when we have quite a few 'youngsters' coming from, even Sturrock said about 5 players that should come through in the next few years, yet it all seems to have dried up.

We also need to take a huge look at the scouting network and sort that out.