The debt is a red herring

Guest Deleted member

So what you guys are saying is that the debt is a problem because in order to make it serviceable we can't go into more debt.

No we don't need more debt, we need a manageable overdraft facility circa £3m. This would allow for transfer fees and could be paid back/used over the finanical year.

Ah sorry - I always assumed an overdraft was a short term loan and therefore debt

What we need is a mortgage on a hotel. That's not proper debt. Or to owe our debts to one msn who supports the club, that's not proper debt either. Look at united. Miles ahead of us both on and off the field. Well, they'll be one division ahead of us in a couple of weeks I suppose. Off the field though they're gleaming. The 50mill they owe is not proper debt you see. That's where we've gone wrong, we're in the wrong kind of debt.

Im sick of seeing our debt used as a reason for us being poo poo.

Its not.

We are told that our debt costs us around £0.5million a season now that its been restructured. Take that off our turnover and it puts us way in front of around 50% of the clubs in the division.

We need to make our money work much better for us on the pitch next season - AND STOP USING THE DEBT AS AN EXCUSE. Cos its not anymore.

A very reasonable point to make, as we have more potential than most for a large attendance, to makeup any shortfall, if the team performs as they should.

What we need is a mortgage on a hotel. That's not proper debt. Or to owe our debts to one msn who supports the club, that's not proper debt either. Look at united. Miles ahead of us both on and off the field. Well, they'll be one division ahead of us in a couple of weeks I suppose. Off the field though they're gleaming. The 50mill they owe is not proper debt you see. That's where we've gone wrong, we're in the wrong kind of debt.

lol:laugh::laugh: