From what I've picked up Crystal Palace have got a buyer and a notice of sale has been completed.

I'm not going into all the wednesday stuff but if we do go down and they do stay up yet another club who have benefitted massivley from the poo poo or bust route, and will now be looking to push towards the prem.

why does everything with wednesday always turn to poo poo.... we'll still be talking about investment in 2018 when the world cup is on and we are playing Morecambe in the lower leagues

They have a remote chance of getting promoted to League one this season ;-)

Tell me about it....i've got lots of mates who are morecambe fans who would like nothing better than to be playing us next year

Guest Anglofile

Spot on

It's all there, hard works done.

Just need the cash.

Meanwhile though....*flashes MIB blue light

Forget about investment for a minute

Correct that deal could be hijacked but many folks don't want a League 1 club. JMO Palace is in same position except worst as they don't own grounds. Cardiff is flying the "Chinaman" in this weekend for the match to squeeze more investment dollars because of the HMRC situation. Watford will probably needs Elton John concerts from the end of May through August as they have been in a tight cash squeeze. McNally (Norwich) thought he had Fernandes (F-1) in the bag but he backed out as he saw the losses. They're debt level is much the same as the Owls except they're losing 5 million a year. I could go on and on. Also the latest parachute payment scheme is going to practically destroy the CCC probably bring in the spectre of Premiership - Divisions I and II. Folks are concerned. This also impacts League 1 and 2 as this will probably cause many clubs to fold and FA will be downsized unless there is government intervention to save the sport at the grass roots level.

Oh, BTW, if they go Premiership I and II, look for Ranger and Celtic in 2013 to potentially join the fray.

This is the perfect poo poo storm unfortunately.

Joe

Correct that deal could be hijacked but many folks don't want a League 1 club. JMO Palace is in same position except worst as they don't own grounds. Cardiff is flying the "Chinaman" in this weekend for the match to squeeze more investment dollars because of the HMRC situation. Watford will probably needs Elton John concerts from the end of May through August as they have been in a tight cash squeeze. McNally (Norwich) thought he had Fernandes (F-1) in the bag but he backed out as he saw the losses. They're debt level is much the same as the Owls except they're losing 5 million a year. I could go on and on. Also the latest parachute payment scheme is going to practically destroy the CCC probably bring in the spectre of Premiership - Divisions I and II. Folks are concerned. This also impacts League 1 and 2 as this will probably cause many clubs to fold and FA will be downsized unless there is government intervention to save the sport at the grass roots level.

Oh, BTW, if they go Premiership I and II, look for Ranger and Celtic in 2013 to potentially join the fray.

This is the perfect poo poo storm unfortunately.

Joe

Best postpone any investment decisions till after June then, eh?

The investment process we have is supposed to be aimed long-term. What would have happened if Club 9 Sports had invested in us already and we then went on to get relegated? Would they sell at a loss in League 1 and then walk way? My guess is no they wouldn't.

I think they are wanting to gain control of the club on the cheap, if we do get relegated. It's about time they put there money were there public statements are, or walk away. Letting this situation drag on isn't getting anyone anywhere. All it is doing is winding a section of the fan base up.

If this does drag on much longer, it will drag the relationship between the board and the fans into an us and them theme again. It's getting as bad as the board trying to sell the training ground, and getting planning permission on a Greenfield site.

Edited by p.c guru

What's the latest with the investment? Haven't heard anything for a while...

the investment is nailed on for the last tuesday in december 2024...if it dosen't go through on that date please feel free to bring the subject up again...if in the meantime you still believe in the investment...then the tooth fairy has been kidnapped and held hostage, we are busy raising the ransom money, but we need help, if you are able to donate let us know how much...

the investment is nailed on for the last tuesday in december 2024...if it dosen't go through on that date please feel free to bring the subject up again...if in the meantime you still believe in the investment...then the tooth fairy has been kidnapped and held hostage, we are busy raising the ransom money, but we need help, if you are able to donate let us know how much...

to all of you who speak with such assurance - some might arrogance - that the investment talk is rubbish and it's all definitely off or never existed - are you saying that LS is a liar? Because as a loyal fan who follows club news very closely i can see absolutely no evidence to support this suggestion.

to the contrary, LS has been nothing but straight and honest and in my opinion and the opinion of all normal wednesdayites that i know he has done a great job correcting and trying to correct the shambolic mess he inherited.

i personally wonder why he continues at times but i am grateful that he does

LS says he will tells us if and when the deal is off or on. Let's just wait for that, eh?

I personally - in my humble, decidedly not ITK opinion - think that it's pretty obvious C9S is currently waiting to see what division we are in next season.

Guest Anglofile

to all of you who speak with such assurance - some might arrogance - that the investment talk is rubbish and it's all definitely off or never existed - are you saying that LS is a liar? Because as a loyal fan who follows club news very closely i can see absolutely no evidence to support this suggestion.

to the contrary, LS has been nothing but straight and honest and in my opinion and the opinion of all normal wednesdayites that i know he has done a great job correcting and trying to correct the shambolic mess he inherited.

LS says he will tells us if and when the deal is off or on. Let's just wait for that, eh?

I personally - in my humble, decidedly not ITK opinion - think that it's pretty obvious C9S is currently waiting to see what division we are in next season.

Respect your opinion but none of us are ITK meaning:

1. Is C9S still involved?

2. Are there other parties involved and potentially acquisitive?

3. On what basis are investors willing to part with cash?

I would make the clear statement that none of us know......especially me. Lee in the end will let us all know.

[quote name='dfoster' date='20 April 2010 - 01:05 PM' timestamp='1271765132' post='2416230'

Fail I'm afraid. They are currently looking down the back of the settee.

I don't think LS is a liar - I just think it looks like he's got into bed with the wrong 'investors'.

I'm sure he's as diappointed as everyone else that Cloud9 look like being Sheard with a US passport (and website ph34r.gif )

There was a statement from them a couple of weeks back saying that the division we are in is not a factor.

I don't think LS is a liar - I just think it looks like he's got into bed with the wrong 'investors'.

I'm sure he's as diappointed as everyone else that Cloud9 look like being Sheard with a US passport (and website ph34r.gif )

My thoughts exactly. It's a shame really because I don't suppose you ever really find out until the damage has been done.

Whatever the situation it's going to be very diificult for him to come out and own up. He'll feel like an old dear that's spent the life savings having a roof tile replaced.

My thoughts exactly. It's a shame really because I don't suppose you ever really find out until the damage has been done.

Whatever the situation it's going to be very diificult for him to come out and own up. He'll feel like an old dear that's spent the life savings having a roof tile replaced.

If he's going to come out and admit it's fallen through he should come out 'warts and all' and explain why the club is in such a state.

There've been noises already about what really went on behind the scenes over the last few years, and how close the club was to absolute diasaster - Perhaps now is the time to put all the cards on the table if it's going to be entirely down to the fanbase to turn things round.

If he's going to come out and admit it's fallen through he should come out 'warts and all' and explain why the club is in such a state.

There've been noises already about what really went on behind the scenes over the last few years, and how close the club was to absolute diasaster - Perhaps now is the time to put all the cards on the table if it's going to be entirely down to the fanbase to turn things round.

i suspect that LS has already said as much as he can about our previous stewards without getting into dangerous legal territory.

Furious George - C9S said they would be interested in Wednesday regardless of what division we are in. They did not say that it would have no bearing on the price. I wonder if you missed this distinction or if you are being deliberately selective with what you quote?

Another thought - perhaps those who would be (in effect) selling to potential buyers are also waiting to see what league we are in? Just a thought ...

I think LS has been quite right, in not 'washing our dirty linen in public'. Our position is not parlous - 26 million is nothing compared to other clubs of a similar ilk. But we have allowed ourselves to be beaten over the head with it for years.

Hence our self imposed, financial pessimism. We have to stop that cycle, not continue it, investment or not.

LS got that point absolutely correct IMO.

I think LS has been quite right, in not 'washing our dirty linen in public'. Our position is not parlous - 26 million is nothing compared to other clubs of a similar ilk. But we have allowed ourselves to be beaten over the head with it for years.

Hence our self imposed, financial pessimism. We have to stop that cycle, not continue it, investment or not.

LS got that point absolutely correct IMO.

For a League One club without a millionaire backer and a season ticket sales decrease of around 25% I'm not sure that would be the case.

For a League One club without a millionaire backer and a season ticket sales decrease of around 25% I'm not sure that would be the case.

You're continuing with the negativity dude. The cycle continues.................. bloody ell, wrong log in.