PIGS GOAL

Guest jdowl1

Guest jdowl1

Didn't have a good view 'cos of pillar on kop but just seen it on sky and am fuming as Spurr could have headed it out but turned away from it as though he was leaving it to Grant!!!Unbelievable,in our position.Poor performance overall,passing was awfull,we didn,t close down and lost our shape many times.They were there for the taking.

Hope Brunty does us a favour but can we beat palace with this bunch of losers?

Guest DaithiTheOwl

I was in roundabout the same position behind a pillar on the kop, and also thought one of the defenders should/ could have got to it. Although when i saw the goal on TV i wasnt quite sure.

Guest jdowl1

Just seen it on Look North and sorry but you are talking b0ll0x.

Total fluke and impossible to defend.

I;ve just seen it again and Spurr walks into the back of the net and turns away from the ball as Grant tries to get back.Agree it was a fluke,don't agree i'm talking gonads.

I;ve just seen it again and Spurr walks into the back of the net and turns away from the ball as Grant tries to get back.Agree it was a fluke,don't agree i'm talking gonads.

Not gonads - b0ll0x :biggrin:

I should have said I'll have another look after the Over The Rainbow Results programme.

Could have intercepted it if he ever left his line.

Beevers was on the post too.

I think that the only thing Grant that did wrong was to only have a one man wall.

Two men in the wall and the pig wouldn't have been able to put the ball in at that angle.

Right, just watched again (and again in slo-mo)

There is no flippingway that Grant could have caught the ball, or got anywhere near it for that matter,

The player on the line was in fact Beevers who also had no chance of stopping it.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered if there had been 2 men the wall because it went well above the head of JJ.

And that is FACT,

Edited by BIG D

Guest jdowl1

There is no flippingway that Grant could have caught the ball, or got anywhere near it for that matter,

The player on the line was in fact Beevers who also had no chance of stopping it.

Also, it wouldn't have mattered if there had been 2 men the wall because it went well above the head of JJ.

And that is FACT,

Just watched it again and yes it does appear to be Beevers although still think both him and grant should have done better,,,, UTO

And that is FACT,

WE ALWAYS GET poo poo REFS!

Guest ProudlockisGod

was certainly a cross, grant has not done himself any favours, however we had no-one actually marking either front or back post, i said it to the lads i was sitting with before the free kick was taken, lol maybe it was me putting a jinx on it but i'd have someone on the posts everyday of the week and then thats headed away, we win 1-0 x

I want to see it again before really commenting, but for me it seemed there wasn't much that could be done to stop the free-kick going in. Just one of those bits of bad luck that go against you.

Incedentally, the whole thing came about from a pieve of good luck. An attempted clearance ballooned up off their front man, and dropped nicely inside the touchline when it could easily have gone out of play. Just one of those things.

Again, without seeing it again it's hard to comment, but it seemed a soft free-kick to give away too once we had been caught the wrong side.