Disgrace its not on tv.

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

i think its a disgrace that the game is not on skysports on sunday, and instead they play arsenal v wigan! what sort of game is that compared to the steel city game! i no its prem football but still this is one of the biggest derby in english football and theres also alot at steak with this game!

it just shows that its all about money! not the football! they have also shown this with the championship football on tv this season with 75% of the games been newcastle v someone because they know alot of people will watch and there a side who shouldnt really be in the championship but still they should give each teams a fair share of being on tv. and to me i think this is the biggest game in the championships for rivals!

It is a bit of a ball ache to be fair, gutted I can't make the game but honestly expected to be shown on the old tele box somewhere.

Fingers crossed Iraq Goals stream the game...........i'll have a stroke if I have to listen to the game on the radio.

It is a bit of a ball ache to be fair, gutted I can't make the game but honestly expected to be shown on the old tele box somewhere.

Fingers crossed Iraq Goals stream the game...........i'll have a stroke if I have to listen to the game on the radio.

Seth do it for you then?

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

yeah im currently in oz! and fox sports show the skysports game and i was really looking forward to seeing the game! but now i have to listen through the internet :( ahh well still here us win! and then ill be there next season watching the home and away game! UTO!

i think its a disgrace that the game is not on skysports on sunday, and instead they play arsenal v wigan! what sort of game is that compared to the steel city game! i no its prem football but still this is one of the biggest derby in english football and theres also alot at steak with this game!

it just shows that its all about money! not the football! they have also shown this with the championship football on tv this season with 75% of the games been newcastle v someone because they know alot of people will watch and there a side who shouldnt really be in the championship but still they should give each teams a fair share of being on tv. and to me i think this is the biggest game in the championships for rivals!

Get real mate. Nobody outside South Yorkshire gives a flying flip about us. :angry:

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

Get real mate. Nobody outside South Yorkshire gives a flying flip about us. :angry:

one of the oldest teams in the world and no-one gives a f**k! wee wees me off! ahh well have to put up with it listenin on the radio! and then watching the highlights!

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

In fairness would you care about watching Forest v County?

obv not because its not wednesday! but come on u cant compare that game to the steel city derby!

To companies like SKY it's all about ratings. Ratings for a Sheffield derby will not be high. Outwith the region few people will watch. I think it is a good thing anyway as it has no doubt helped to boost the attendance which in turn boosts the clubs coffers.

To companies like SKY it's all about ratings. Ratings for a Sheffield derby will not be high. Outwith the region few people will watch. I think it is a good thing anyway as it has no doubt helped to boost the attendance which in turn boosts the clubs coffers.

True, although how much are we compensated by Sky if it's shown live?

obv not because its not wednesday! but come on u cant compare that game to the steel city derby!

Why?

Both same city, both have a really old club (oldest and fifth football league I believe) both have 1 Championship and 1 potential league 1 team.

No one outside Sheffield cares much like no one outside Nottingham would care.

I'm pleased it isn't on TV for once, always is and Lane fixture isn't. Brings our ticket sales down.

Edited by russy

To be fair they've never shown both derby games in one season always choosing one or the other and for the first time in years they chose the one at The Sty this season meaning it didn't hit the ticket sales at Hillsborough for a change!

If things go boobies up on sunday, do we want the rest of the country watching?

I was totally embarrassed when the mighty Watford, trampled all over us earlier this season.

The fact it was on national TV made it ten times worse.

We all know how poo we are, why let the rest of the country in on our little secret? Some of them might think we`ve still got an half decent team. :rolleyes:

Guest ProudlockisGod

To be fair they've never shown both derby games in one season always choosing one or the other and for the first time in years they chose the one at The Sty this season meaning it didn't hit the ticket sales at Hillsborough for a change!

yeah i totally 100% agree with this statement. when we have been on sky in previous years our ticket sales have been hitting 29,000 while all the stay aways sit at home on their sofa's, whereas the lane was getting nearly 32,000, we were a laughing stock cos they were outselling us by almost 3,000 tickets.

whereas this year, the game at their place saw them only get 29,000 and we are getting close to 34,000.

Nuff said in my opinion, we need the support for this game to keep us in the league, which im sure you will all agree, will equate to much more money next year in the championship than what sky could have given us for this one game x