21 years ago today

96 people lost their lives at our stadium. Please do not let this turn in to a thread about the whys and wheres and whats, today is not a day for that and I know there is a great deal of anti Liverpool feeling on this board but please just take a moment to remember 96 men, women, boys and girls died having simply just gone to a football match. Im sure in one way or another everybody was effected or has memories of that day, mine is simply that I lost a cousin that day although I never knew him.

Rest In Peace, you'll never walk alone

Guest rubin

96 people lost their lives at our stadium. Please do not let this turn in to a thread about the whys and wheres and whats, today is not a day for that and I know there is a great deal of anti Liverpool feeling on this board but please just take a moment to remember 96 men, women, boys and girls died having simply just gone to a football match. Im sure in one way or another everybody was effected or has memories of that day, mine is simply that I lost a cousin that day although I never knew him.

I will second that...i was at hillsborough that day with my late nephew it was very hard to believe what we were seeing......rest in peace each and every one of you

here, here.

I was only 3 at the time, and I have no memory of it. But it's still vitally important for fans of my generation to know and care about what happened, and to show our respect and sympathy to the families and friends of the victims. The OP has it spot on: those 96 men, women and children were fans just like us. It could have been any of us.

RIP. You'll never walk alone.