A New Wednesday Legend.

In the final game of the 73/74 season, Ken Knighton scored the goal against Bolton, that kept us in the old second division.

It absolutely felt like we'd won the FA cup, and Ken became a legend to a generation of Wednesdayites.

Can you see any latter-day Ken Knightons in our squad, and if by some miracle we stay up, can you forgive this lot for the shift they've put in this season?

Personally, I can't.

Darren Purse...... fantastic zero to hero story for him

After the horrendous start to the season he has had, how fitting would it be for him to get a 90th minute winner ?

Just reward for his change in attitude and performance level since Alan arrived

Darren Purse...... fantastic zero to hero story for him

After the horrendous start to the season he has had, how fitting would it be for him to get a 90th minute winner ?

Just reward for his change in attitude and performance level since Alan arrived

He has been tremendous in the second half of the season. If the rest of the squad showed the same desire and commitment we wouldn't find ourselves in the situation we are in now.

Guest totemowl

Calling Ken Knighton a legend devalues the contributions and status of the likes of Dooley, Springett (Ron) and Hirst.

Calling Ken Knighton a legend devalues the contributions and status of the likes of Dooley, Springett (Ron) and Hirst.

For me Ken Knighton is up there with Mick Lyons, for showing heart and a desire to do his absolute utmost for our club.

We have had many more talented players than KK, but hardly any that showed his commitment to the cause

I remember him, as captain, rounding all the players up and fetching them over to salute the fans at Hull, before the last match of the disastrous 74/5 season. It appeared as if he was making them apologise to the fans for letting them down so badly.

I have nothing but admiration, for the Wednesday LEGEND that is Ken Knighton.

In the final game of the 73/74 season, Ken Knighton scored the goal against Bolton, that kept us in the old second division.

It absolutely felt like we'd won the FA cup, and Ken became a legend to a generation of Wednesdayites.

Can you see any latter-day Ken Knightons in our squad, and if by some miracle we stay up, can you forgive this lot for the shift they've put in this season?

Personally, I can't.

Was at that game,can anybody remember who we played when he was so mad he kicked the door of the dressing room hinges?

When he scored that goal in the KOP end, he sank to his knees off the pitch to the right of the goal (as we look at the pitch) right in front of me as I was very close to the front.

I'll never forget that moment as it looked like we'd blown it and the look on our KK's face was one of relief/disbelief/elation all at the same time. As you'd expect, everyone was going mad as if we'd won the Champions League. Hero time!

Sweet, sweet memory.

i think there's always the potential for moments like these to happen. i hope to f00k that there's something like it on sunday. one of those "were you there when..." moments. hopefully in a few days that lead-in won't be followed by "the blades consigned us to relegation"...