positives of going down if we do??

Leicester were only able to move on because they entered administration, a fate that I'm sure will befall us, and were able to then spend money improving the team. Unless the club gets new owners who will appoint their own people and invest in the team, then we will continue to slide. Even were we to go into administration, we would lose ten points making it unlikely that we would make an instant return, so by the time new owners were in place , a new manager appointed, I think we would be looking at the year after for a promotion challenge.

Leicester were only able to move on because they entered administration, a fate that I'm sure will befall us, and were able to then spend money improving the team. Unless the club gets new owners who will appoint their own people and invest in the team, then we will continue to slide. Even were we to go into administration, we would lose ten points making it unlikely that we would make an instant return, so by the time new owners were in place , a new manager appointed, I think we would be looking at the year after for a promotion challenge.

You keep advocating Admin? So you agree that we sell the ground and all other assets to pay off creditors?

This has been addressed many, many, times by people much more learned than me. Why do you keep advancing Admin as an easy option?

For me, it can present an opportunity for us to build another good side. But I dont think the likes of Clarke will be released if we go down to be honest so the sweeping changes would be less aparent in league one (from a contract point of view anyway), obviously jeffers would be off as would Esajas but McCallister and Clarke may well still be here.

I think a lot depends on who we can actually hang onto, im like a broken record, but players such as Kuqi who were dissapointing when we were relegated actually destroyed league one and we gave them away. I dont know the ins and outs of the finances but we need to make sure we keep people like Tudgay if at all possible unless we are likely to get any money real money for him.

The worst bit for me would be seeing Grant go, Ive only just got used to us having a respectable keeper we actually "own".

You keep advocating Admin? So you agree that we sell the ground and all other assets to pay off creditors?

This has been addressed many, many, times by people much more learned than me. Why do you keep advancing Admin as an easy option?

From what LS says, it sounds as if Admin would actually increase our outgoing costs rather than just servicing the debt.

There would be the usual wage cuts and squad stripping before we went to admin, I hope that doesnt happen again *buries head*.

Mate I never said it was the easy option, far from it, I do think though its inevitable. And yes I'd rather sell the ground if it means we can become solvent again and find a buyer who can take this club forward. In all my years of watching Wednesday I have never seen such apathy amongst the fan base. The club has been mismanaged from top to bottom and I see absolutely no sign of things improving while these people are in charge.

Guest totemowl

From what LS says, it sounds as if Admin would actually increase our outgoing costs rather than just servicing the debt.

There would be the usual wage cuts and squad stripping before we went to admin, I hope that doesnt happen again *buries head*.

Any positives of Admin would be massively outweighed by the negatives.

That's why we won't go down that line.

Mate I never said it was the easy option, far from it, I do think though its inevitable. And yes I'd rather sell the ground if it means we can become solvent again and find a buyer who can take this club forward. In all my years of watching Wednesday I have never seen such apathy amongst the fan base. The club has been mismanaged from top to bottom and I see absolutely no sign of things improving while these people are in charge.

Have you any idea how much it would cost to rent Hillsborough back?

Sorry the sales for Sunday are not apathetic. But you're not going and are glad not to be doing so?

I think you are getting confused.

Selling the ground will make us hugely less attractive than we are now - which seems to be pretty unattractive already

Leicester are still paying a £17m mortgage on the Walkers Stadium. They haven't had it as easy as some have made out.

Can't really think of many positives of going down, except that it might make us change our approach in signing players.

We've had too many expensive flops who have drained the club of wages and contributed little in return.

If we did go down then we will need to develop a steel about our play so we can grind out results and win 3-4+ games on the spin at a time.

No away trip roofless Vicarage Road.

Was gunna say no awayday in far, far away Pompey. But then theres Southampton and after this weekend maybe Plymouth still.

Possibly Rotherham or Chesterfield. Maybe both if the not so Mighty Millers pull it together, thats an even longer shot than Peterbrough staying up this season though!

Guest Adam_Wilkinson

i dont think that we will go down, i have faith in A.I and the squad! i reckon we will get 4 or 7 points out the next 3 games and i dont think palace will pick up any! but what ever happens i will be there next season surrporting wednesday through the ups and downs!

positive to iff we go down?

think i'm going to have to agree with some suggestions on here re: more we can do with the same playing budget - i.e. a solid foundation in the league below rather than keeping our heads above in this division.

that being said, i don't want it to happen :angry: