How to build ourselves decent squad

Perhaps I'm becoming one :rolleyes:

Lansbury, Cleverly and Noble on loan...

Signing McGinn, Cowie and Graham...

Bringing through some really decent youngsters...

Hard not to admire them, although to be honest at least 75% of players they brought in were recommended by me on here :happy: I guess that great minds really do think alike...

Perhaps I'm becoming one :rolleyes:

Lansbury, Cleverly and Noble on loan...

Signing McGinn, Cowie and Graham...

Bringing through some really decent youngsters...

Hard not to admire them, although to be honest at least 75% of players they brought in were recommended by me on here :happy: I guess that great minds really do think alike...

This comes to mind!! lollol

It was nonsensical soundbites

A blind man, blindfolded in a dark room at midnight could see we were losing games right through the club

Which by and large has been the same since he "refreshed" things

It's taken us forever to recover from him being here

There is no easy fix - but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be implementing longer term strategies - the problem being that the more pressing the matters with the first team the more everything else gets sidelined

I know the 1st team managers position won't come under review - but at the end of the season every last bit of the football operations needs a serious look at - and maybe some hard decisions need to be made

But something needs doing

Guest hirsty9

Just to add one more point:

I think when it comes to signing players we heavily overlooked one thing - character. Our lot has enough talent to spend a season without getting in a touching distance with relegation, but it seems just like they don't mind loosing games enough. Like they have a mental setting along the lines of "We did our best, it will be better next time". We need those players who will get pi55ed off if they lose a game even if they are supposed to be underdogs in a said game, and will stay angry until next Saturday where they will try even harder simply because they hate loosing that much ! Not only that, but they will pull rest of the team with their desire. I think that kind of mental setting comes even before skill. There are plenty of "these kind of" players, but sadly we doesn't seem to have any.

I agree with you 100% mate, the sooner we get the glassbacks out of this club the better. We really need to get some grafters and battlers in instead of the certain amount of poor excuses for footballers we have had to put up with this season.

It was nonsensical soundbites

A blind man, blindfolded in a dark room at midnight could see we were losing games right through the club

Which by and large has been the same since he "refreshed" things

It's taken us forever to recover from him being here

There is no easy fix - but it doesn't mean we shouldn't be implementing longer term strategies - the problem being that the more pressing the matters with the first team the more everything else gets sidelined

I know the 1st team managers position won't come under review - but at the end of the season every last bit of the football operations needs a serious look at - and maybe some hard decisions need to be made

But something needs doing

Woah, I wasnt praising Turner there, but I was repeating what he had said. Those players had been losing mostly week in week out for years by that point so I can see why he looked to the likes of Bullen, Mcgovern, Marsden etc who were characters rather than some of the damp squibs we had playing for us previously.

Until Purse started playing well weve lacked any kind of spine or leadership this season, Miller comes in and adds a bit of know how to midfield and then gets injured again. Id hope that regardless of what division we go into we look for the right characters and as Malek says perhaps take a gamble on a couple of younger players that show promise...obviously it can all go wrong without good scouting.