getting a touch sentimental

just watched the aforementioned video. been hiding in my room for ages, so decided to relive some glory years. was wondering where the goalscoring touch has gone to? the video covers 91-2 to 96-7

we had fullbacks placing shots through a crowd of players to score, centre-halfs belting in volleys, midfielders pushing double-figures [let alone centre forwards]. i know some of you will say "we had quality players back then" but they were against quality opposition.

technique? confidence? other?

and if you fancy posting "the players we have now are poo and gutless" then no worries. maybe recall a goal from that time to give this a positive spin. i also recommend showing the players hirst scoring vs arsenal with a broken ankle to epitomise what courage means to our current bunch.

[and on a personal note, humphrey's chip vs leicester was epic]

Guest aphextwins

I know what you mean. I watched a few old video's of us lot a while back (It's a kind of magic) and we used to play some really good football.

It'll be back one day!

I know what you mean. I watched a few old video's of us lot a while back (It's a kind of magic) and we used to play some really good football.

It'll be back one day!

Living in the past is the way forward. I regularly wear my SWFC premier league badge to work, people's reaction shows we have long since been forgotten.

Our impending relegation back to the 3rd tier is so far away from the glory days, pub football again I'm afraid. Negative I know, but I see very little hope on the horizon.

Palmer - first one helping out defenders when they need it, and first one supporting attack when opportunity came...

One of those players you don't seem to realize how important they are until they are gone...

Couldn't trap the ball to save his life - so what ?!