League 1

TBH i don't think we'll get investment - i never have done because i think only a mad Wednesdayite would see their way to investing

But i also think we'll stop up

I think Plymouth and Peterborough are gone - and the fates are conspiring against Watford - Scunny are capable of being worse than anything we've produced and Palace seem to be running out of steam and players - the former due to the latter.

Maybe this will all look stupid come the end of the weekend - but i'm still confident we won't fall though the trapdoor

We won't stop up.

We laughed like twats at Cardiff fans last year, when we denied them a play-off place. Football has a nasty habit of biting you on the harris, and I think we will be more or less relegated next Saturday. And it will be throughly deserved, as for the majority of the season we have been total and utter throw.

Guest gringo69

Kenwynes goals are the only reason we are still not in the 1st anyway, he was the only reason we got to the play offs.

Some, if not most, of the players we had in the promotion season from the 1st had more balls than the eunachs who've took the pi55 this season. Some were actually better players than the ones we've got now too.

Whatever happens in 3 games time at least we can wave goodbye with fingers raised to some of the biggest wage robbers in the clubs history, some aren't even fit for the 1st so lets take the opportunity to rid this fine club of its biggest problem - absolutely gash footballers who should never have been signed in the first place or whose performances have decended into insults.

Those still under contract should also be be considered for the transfer market if they've done nowt this season, Tudgay included IMO. Running round all season whinging with his mind on the Burnley transfer, half of 'em are just first class farts.

Edited by gringo69

Clearly not.

I'd rather be in League One with a £4,000,000 wage budget than in The Championship with a £5,500,000 wage budget.

I'm not sure what you mean there.

Our last management structure panicked so badly last time that they gave anyone half capable away on a free transfer.

it's like teams who go up to the premier league with the view to rebuild over the next 2-3 seasons and not really care how they travel when they're up there - just look at the financial bonuses.

inevitably there are no financial bonuses for going down, but surely it's less pressure on the management to assemble a squad? or do you think the board expectations would be to come straight back up?

it's like teams who go up to the premier league with the view to rebuild over the next 2-3 seasons and not really care how they travel when they're up there - just look at the financial bonuses.

inevitably there are no financial bonuses for going down, but surely it's less pressure on the management to assemble a squad? or do you think the board expectations would be to come straight back up?

I wouldbve thought promotion would be their aim...it has to be. Stick around in there too long and it sucks you in.

League 1 is a horrid division, the teams you come up against is embarassing. The day at Cardiff will have been a waste of time.

Its pathetic, but we have to get used to it, because that is almost certainly where were goin. I can see us gettin 4 points out the remainin 3 games, is that enough, considering Watford & Palace have superior GD? NOPE!

So..... Now time to try and take the positives (what little there is)

> We might actually win games for a change

> Which could lead to increased crowds (strange in a lower div i know)

> Chance to gather momentum and come back stronger with winning mentality ala Leicester etc

> Chance to clear all the dead wood out ( O'Donnell, Simek, Hinds, Nolan, Wragg, Gray, Esajas, Mcallister, Boden, Soares, Jeffers, Clarke, Varney) all their contracts are up

anything to add anyone????

Guest OwlertonG

Keep out of that division at all costs

It's f*cking mental!

I agree there are no big teams in that division...

Add to that the inevitable departures of Grant, Beevers, Tudgay, and possibly Spurr who will all be moved on for a combined fee of around 4-6m.

That will mean a complete overhaul of players, which always adds optomism/excitement to a pre-season etc. We could be looking at 10-15 arrivals similar to when Turner restructured the play-off winning side.

If Irvine brings the right players in then they could gain promotion (first attempt hopefully) and then push on in the championship, rather than just being stagnant, either fighting relegation, or in a boring mid-table position (granted id take that now, in our current predicament

i think we are all hoping we don't go down...but if we do we will be there on merit, not bad luck...

Indeed, but it doesnt make the league below any more appealing to a supporter thats all I'm saying.

I remember the day we were promoted and I was sat on the coach home thinking of all the teams we would get to play again ie. Derby, United, Ipswich, Norwich...all decent sized clubs with a bit of history to them. Even the derby this weekend shows us exactly why we need to avoid that league if possible.

Despite being there because we (or more rightly the players) would deserve to be, I still dont think theres anything wrong with being annoyed at the situation the players may put us in and expecting better.

Edited by Bluesteel