League 1

Its an anus of a division, most games seem to be against real lower league sides.

although I'm trying to prepare myself for it, I think when/if it happens the gravity of it will hit me hard at some point

Don't panic!! If the worst happens the core group of players we do have and are able to keep are more than good enough for that league. We won't have a season like the last time we went down and had the season gone on another six games would've prob gone down again!!

Its a shame we lost momentum after the last promotion but we're in better shape this time round if the worst happens.

If we go down its only because we deserve to be there.

Lets not get all snobby about how bad it is.

We have played worse than most League One teams this season. Then when you compare how teams like Doncaster, Barnsley, Swansea and Bristol have done we have been effectively League One for the last six months.

You really think that this group off players could do a job in league 1,not a chance this is'nt the worst side I have seen in 25 years off watching Wednesday but it is by far and away the most gutless set off individuals I have seen and when you add them all together,that is how we get into this mess.Quite simply whatever division we play in next season we need a dozen new players or there will be a huge possibilty off us ending in the lower half be it Championship or League 1.

I think people confuse gutless with lack of ability which are two different things. Most players these days are what people called gutless in the past, i.e. lacking loyalty / commitment etc. I don't think our players are any less gutless than the other teams in the lower half of the league, with the exception of Sflaphorpe who over perform and Palace who shouldn't even be down there. I bet Ipswich, QPR, Watford, Plymouth, Derby are all saying the same thing.

The fact is some of our players aren't good enough for this league, but that doesn;t mean they won't be good enough if in the league below in my opinion.

For me Plymouth have over achieved and relegation is'nt a disaster with the size off the club and the players they have ,for me they have shown alot more fight than our lot, as for Ipswich and QPR with the managers they have they im sure they have to be commited or they would be heading for the exits.As for Wednesday most off our players just don't hurt enough in my opinion.As for ability im afraid very few off our players do have ability and that is why there general lack off pride and passion comes across more.

Don't agree mate. Warnock was saying the other week he can't wait for the summer cos half the players he's got don't give a throw, we've played them twice and got one point. Don't know what you mean about ipswich with Keane.

I'm not disagreeing that i'd like to see our lot putting more in,they shoud do. But I also think a lot of players are like that these days. Thats why you get people on here harking back to the good old days all the time. The time when you had players dying for the shirt have gone in the most part, now it just down to being better than them in front of you, which we haven't been, but more because they're not good enough champ players than because they don't care.

Scram is bang on here. Look how hard it was last time.Many thought it was a forgone conclusion we would get out the first time of asking & how wrong we were. Teams will once again relish coming here & giving us a going over. Southampton will be a major force, Millwall if they don't go up, Huddersfield & I would not bet against Peterborough either. I guess many Weds fans ego will have a polish as we may be seen as the "big fish" in the small pond, with songs sung away like I've got a shed etc but get ready for a very hard ride if we go down, a very hard ride.

Scram is bang on here. Look how hard it was last time.Many thought it was a forgone conclusion we would get out the first time of asking & how wrong we were. Teams will once again relish coming here & giving us a going over. Southampton will be a major force, Millwall if they don't go up, Huddersfield & I would not bet against Peterborough either. I guess many Weds fans ego will have a polish as we may be seen as the "big fish" in the small pond, with songs sung away like I've got a shed etc but get ready for a very hard ride if we go down, a very hard ride.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^

this in spades!!

Whether we go down or not its clear we need to release a lot of these players. They've shown again and again this season that they arent up for a fight. We need battlers in either division and most of our current crop dont fall into that category. I've accepted we're going down. The first bonus is that anything other than that will be great. The 2nd bonus is we can get rid of some crap.

If we go down its only because we deserve to be there.

Lets not get all snobby about how bad it is.

We have played worse than most League One teams this season. Then when you compare how teams like Doncaster, Barnsley, Swansea and Bristol have done we have been effectively League One for the last six months.

Its not about being snobby, its just a fact, there are not many really exciting fixtures down there and it is a very tough league, teams raise their game a lot.

I think we have a better management structure in place to get us out of it, but we would need to ensure we kept certain players rather than panicking and selling them for next to nowt or releasing them.

...and a £30m debt still round our necks.

roger it! If we go down we go down. At least then we can start again and get players in who wannt to play for us. Everyone says that league 1 was terrible but our seconnd season nthere was my favourite in about ten years. Ours fans that season were brilliant and i had some fantastic away days. To me that is what supporting sheffield wednesday is all about. The fans comin together and singin your heart out for the club. If were in league one then so be it at least we might win a few games and have some good days out.

Its an anus of a division, most games seem to be against real lower league sides.

although I'm trying to prepare myself for it, I think when/if it happens the gravity of it will hit me hard at some point

if we go down ALL our games will be against lower league sides, and WE will be one of them...reality check.

Its not about being snobby, its just a fact, there are not many really exciting fixtures down there and it is a very tough league, teams raise their game a lot.

I think we have a better management structure in place to get us out of it, but we would need to ensure we kept certain players rather than panicking and selling them for next to nowt or releasing them.

Clearly not.

I'd rather be in League One with a £4,000,000 wage budget than in The Championship with a £5,500,000 wage budget.