SEDGWICK TO SIGN IN THE SUMMER

Guest vaughns pork slapper

I totally agree,

I think what i was getting at was that if you can get good players that also have personal feelings for the club, this can only be good for the dressing room.

I just can't understand why these lads can't motivate themselves to play infront of big crowds, and with our awesome away support. maybe they are in the wrong career.

Look at Lee Bullen, I doubt he was a Owl as a child but after he experienced the club he fell in love with it and we now have a fan for life.

If only this lot caould take a leaf out of his book.

and in that example, I actually don't think we would be in the position we are in now !

So, there's arguments for both sides of the play / pride debate

When Colley won the Sheffield Schools Trophy in 1973 I scored the winner at Hinde House School. Still got the team photo. Magic haircuts. Paul Stancliffes younger brother was in the same team as was Derek Dooley's nephew.

Surprised anything good came out of Hinde House (but my wife went there, so I suppose that proves my point). biggrin.gif

Derek Dooley was my Grans cousin.

Jon Newsome & Mitch Ward went to Hinde House too.

There's a middle distance runner too whose name I can't think of right now.

john brown? he went to limpsfield too.

Hinde House produced a few players, Sedgwick obviously (was also in the same class as his sister), Vill Powell who never really made it at Hillsborough but went on to play in Finland in the top Division and also Scott Sellars, probably a few more i either dont know or cant remember!!!

Vill, what happend to him, he was in my brothers team for Steel City, awesome striker.

As for Sedgwick, he was also in my brothers year at concord school, I remember him well, always wore his Wednesday shirt.

He will be 30/31 this year, dont think he will be what we are looking for as we need younger players, whatever league we are in.

Signing Sedgwick would be just like trading water, as he is no better than what we already have. Sedgwick, Miller , Soares, McAllister...

I don't think he would bring anything we are missing at the moment. Decent player on paper, but so are most of those we have here. Winger who can't beat anyone with pace or skill, and with average crossing ability. He wont get any better too...

Vill, what happend to him, he was in my brothers team for Steel City, awesome striker.

As for Sedgwick, he was also in my brothers year at concord school, I remember him well, always wore his Wednesday shirt.

He will be 30/31 this year, dont think he will be what we are looking for as we need younger players, whatever league we are in.

vill had a spell at grays atheletic then retford last i knew he was playing for sheffield fc. he now lives back in wincobank.