SEDGWICK TO SIGN IN THE SUMMER

Guest vaughns pork slapper

I would take him damn right.

1) he is better than what we currently have,

2) most importantly he loves this club and would play with passion and pride for the shirt.

How many of the current crop can we say that about?

take it he is a Wednesday fan then ?

That fact didn't help Tony Crane did it ?

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

But, surely this is the reason why we have gone for the "early deadlines" for season tickets

Competitive edge ?

good point

i went to school with chris sedgwick he was a season ticket holder at hillsborough until the age of 16 then he signed a proffesional contract at rotherham... anyway nevermind that bullsh1t my mate was talking to him down town last week and he reckons he signing for us in the summer.

he be a very good league one player not sure about the championship though.......thoughts?

Hinde House School!!!

I was a few years above but he was friends with my brother and came to our house quite often back then...big Wednesday fan...wouldn't surprise me if Irvine went for him in the summer.

Hinde House School!!!

I was a few years above but he was friends with my brother and came to our house quite often back then...big Wednesday fan...wouldn't surprise me if Irvine went for him in the summer.

When Colley won the Sheffield Schools Trophy in 1973 I scored the winner at Hinde House School. Still got the team photo. Magic haircuts. Paul Stancliffes younger brother was in the same team as was Derek Dooley's nephew.

Surprised anything good came out of Hinde House (but my wife went there, so I suppose that proves my point). :biggrin:

Wow..... tetchy

Was merely making the comparison that the notion of being a huge, passionate Wednesday fan will make you a better footballer.

After this season it owuld be a breath of fresh air to see a player actually take pride and make an effort whilst wearing the shirt.

Plus we could do alot worse than sedgewick.

When Colley won the Sheffield Schools Trophy in 1973 I scored the winner at Hinde House School. Still got the team photo. Magic haircuts. Paul Stancliffes younger brother was in the same team as was Derek Dooley's nephew.

Surprised anything good came out of Hinde House (but my wife went there, so I suppose that proves my point). :biggrin:

Hinde House produced a few players, Sedgwick obviously (was also in the same class as his sister), Vill Powell who never really made it at Hillsborough but went on to play in Finland in the top Division and also Scott Sellars, probably a few more i either dont know or cant remember!!!

After this season it owuld be a breath of fresh air to see a player actually take pride and make an effort whilst wearing the shirt.

Plus we could do alot worse than sedgewick.

I echo what you say, but again, look at Spurr, our most passionate and caring of player, yet he has been a weak link all season

We need to realise that no matter how much commitment and passion you have, a bit of quality is all that matters at this level.

Do you think Taarabt would be willing to die for his shirt at QPR ?

I echo what you say, but again, look at Spurr, our most passionate and caring of player, yet he has been a weak link all season

We need to realise that no matter how much commitment and passion you have, a bit of quality is all that matters at this level.

IF he was then he'd be a top top player.

Its easy to pick out extreme examples of people who may be poor with a big heart, or quality but not bothered.

We need to be looking at players who are a bit of both, I dont think Sedgwick is a poor player especially. Even Tommy Spurr was a fans champion last season.

Guest vaughns pork slapper

Hinde House produced a few players, Sedgwick obviously (was also in the same class as his sister), Vill Powell who never really made it at Hillsborough but went on to play in Finland in the top Division and also Scott Sellars, probably a few more i either dont know or cant remember!!!

we also had a lot of boxers prince naseem hamed to name one , brendan ingle has got a gym in the local area i remember bomber graham,johnny nelson etc all coming to school to teach us little naughty chunts a few manners.

i played in school team with sedgwick and vill powell we won the sheffield cup every season and we was yorkshire champions every season and won the league every season no one could touch us .

we also had a lot of boxers prince naseem hamed to name one , brendan ingle has got a gym in the local area i remember bomber graham,johnny nelson etc all coming to school to teach us little naughty chunts a few manners.

i played in school team with sedgwick and vill powell we won the sheffield cup every season and we was yorkshire champions every season and won the league every season no one could touch us .

Jon Newsome & Mitch Ward went to Hinde House too.

There's a middle distance runner too whose name I can't think of right now.

I totally agree,

I think what i was getting at was that if you can get good players that also have personal feelings for the club, this can only be good for the dressing room.

I just can't understand why these lads can't motivate themselves to play infront of big crowds, and with our awesome away support. maybe they are in the wrong career.

Look at Lee Bullen, I doubt he was a Owl as a child but after he experienced the club he fell in love with it and we now have a fan for life.

If only this lot caould take a leaf out of his book.