J P McGovern

Guest jimmyowl77

One my favourite players of the last 10 years to play for us, could chip in with a few goals, great crosser, also was very good at defending and covering the rightback when they pushed forward.

I remember Dave Allen saying the reason they wasn't offering JP a new contract was due to the back injury he suffered the season after the playoff final, some medical expert advised the club he'd never play that many games again.

He came back for about the last 5 or six games and looked to me like he was back to his best but they still released him.

Hardly missed any games for MK dons and Swindon since moving on

Who did we get in his place? Wade Small flip me :blink:

Get him back, can't be any worse than the dross we've got now.

He loved the club and always gave 100%

goes off to start a "Wednesday please sign JP he's reet good" page on facefook

Guest Dicky

According to Swindons website JP has started the most for them (47 games) and has 16 assists.

Impressive stuff, he notched a fair few starts for us in League one too, ever present wasnt he?

He is also out of contract at the end of the season :ph34r:

JP signed a new 2 year contract with Swindon at the beginning of last month sometime so not much chance of him coming back to SW soon although I do know that he really loved his time at Wednesday. He has been awesome for Swindon this last season and they were fighting hard for automatic promotion but the loss on Saturday and last nights draw has put a big dent in those plans so it will be the play-offs for them I think.

Lets hope he scores the opener again in the final hey? Bring back a few memories for you guys.

Why the flip would he want to come back here? He's got more chance of being in the CCC next season if he stays where he is.

Decent player, always gave 100%, I miss him and the rest of that squad of hard working and talented players that we built up and have subsequently replaced with lazy shites

Edited by Otto_Man

JP signed a new 2 year contract with Swindon at the beginning of last month sometime so not much chance of him coming back to SW soon although I do know that he really loved his time at Wednesday. He has been awesome for Swindon this last season and they were fighting hard for automatic promotion but the loss on Saturday and last nights draw has put a big dent in those plans so it will be the play-offs for them I think.

Lets hope he scores the opener again in the final hey? Bring back a few memories for you guys.

Aw thats a shame, I think by the time he's in his 30s we probably wouldnt want him. I was gutted when he left, I thought he still looked good in the Championship. To think we started that season with both Maclean and JP struggling for fitness, I bet they both look back on those injuries as being very poorly timed in their careers.

A nice JP goal against Leeds would be nice, as long as he doesnt do that celebration again...

Hi JP

It was a disgrace that you even left the club.

All the best.

Guest jimmyowl77

I was under the impression he was released as he was injured and was out for the whole of the 05/06 season.

No, he was back in the squad for last 7 or eight games, think he started about 3 games and came off the subs bench a couple of times.

I always thought it was a strong point to his game.

Even without taking his crossing into account he was still a very good player for us.

Oh absolutely and compared to owt we've got at the minute he was like Beckham, perhaps I was being a little harsh on him as at the time you could only compare him to the opposite winger and Brunt was an exceptional crosser of the ball.