J P McGovern

Just watching the swindon match now and can't help but notice how good his crossing off the ball is. much better than anyone at wednesday can...and i know he was injury prone but so is jj and i'd say he was better than jj

Just watching too, and noticed how good his crossing has been, but he isnt has good has JJ.

JJ pace his awesome and scares defenders to death when he runs at them.

Correction: John Paul Govern is better than JJ, he has just won me £160 ,laid Exeter with 20 mins to go!!! What a cross JP :biggrin:

Edited by jtswfc1

Neither JP or JJ are that injury prone.

Ideally you could have JJ on one wing and JP on the other. JP wasnt quick but worked hard tracked back and could use both feet to deliver the cross.

Pace and directness then JJ would win every time. Id have JP back in a flash, especially in the league below.

According to Swindons website JP has started the most for them (47 games) and has 16 assists.

Impressive stuff, he notched a fair few starts for us in League one too, ever present wasnt he?

He is also out of contract at the end of the season :ph34r:

Edited by Bluesteel

Not saying he would have lit this league up or anything, but how we got rid of him and replaced him with Wade Small because we were no longer going for injury prone players (then we signed Jeffers...) was just criminal.

He played every game for us in our promotion season too, just had one injury hit season in his career I think.

We've never had a player that can cross since he left, Brunt aside.

I miss JPM, he brightened the place up........always had a smile on his face.

Allen We got rid far too early......................injury prone my arse.

Agreed.

The previous regime got rid of too many players like J P who were 'injury prone'. It beggers belief that the same people could ever offer a contract to FJ9.

Guest Stereophonics

JP was ace tonight and im pretty sure he'd still get in our side now, if he's out of contract in the summer and we go down i would seriously consider going back in for him

This

Always liked him, had a bit of quality about him.

I remember my non-Wednesday supporting mates watching the play-off final and commenting how good he was in that game.

Should have been given more of a chance in the Championship.