Best and worse Derby moments

Guest JonTheOwl66

Best - The double last year, still brings a tear to my eye after the match. Seeing all those beaming faces and knowing that we'd beaten the scumbags. :biggrin:

Worst - The derby in September was pretty awful, fantastic second half. But i've got to say the worst was probably a few years back when Michael Tonge scored that free-kick, I was sat right behind it and i knew for a fact we wouldn't win. To make matters worse we had Adamson in net.

Best goal ever?

Terry Curran's at the Lane.

I went in the Shoreham Street end with my elder brother and my mother had given us both Mars Bars. I put mine in my Wrangler jacket top pocket.

Unbeknown to me it fell out when we celebrated Curran's goal. Found it after and it was the size of a sheet of A4.

Worth it though (also when he stamped on Kenworthy's toe). :biggrin:

Magic was Terry.

Best derby memory for me was Mark Bright's winner at Wembley in 93, after dominating the most one sided Sheffield derby in the history of matches between the two sides, it just looked like it was going to a replay so when Mark Bright out leapt Brian Deane on the near post to head home the winner i went absolutely mental.

Worst moment was when Alan Quinn scored the winner in front of our fans at Bramall Lane a few years ago.

Also just to add on, my funniest derby memory was a couple of years ago after the match when all the grunters I work with were trying to compare James Beatties free-kick with Chris Waddle's Wembley screamer in 1993... Priceless!!!! :laugh:

wembley apart

beating them at hilsborough on the saturday after andy pearce had scored at forest midweek.

he got the third and the "andy pearce andy pearce andy...etc" were just phenomenal.

we won 3 -1 with a poxy whithouse penatly in last min.

it was the blades team with every fkr i hate even now....whitehouse, bradshaw, gannon, etc.

worst ever was the 1991 loss at lane 2-0 when palmer hit bar...we took 40 into there h block and wednesday were in charge untill result

Worst: 1991 at Bramall Lane, never been so confident of victory, never even thought they'd got a chance we were that superior to them in those days, I was on there South Stand, Wednesday were all over there ground. It's just a pity the team didn't turn up and Bassett out thought Francis

Best: Wembley was shear relief, didn't really enjoy it as much as you'd think, I just wanted to get the job done I think I'd have to go for the 2-0 at our place two seasons ago, totally outplayed them from start to finish.

Worst: 1991 at Bramall Lane, never been so confident of victory, never even thought they'd got a chance we were that superior to them in those days, I was on there South Stand, Wednesday were all over there ground.

We were on there too - sat about 4 rows from the front half-way between their Kop and the half-way line.

I remember when Wednesday ran out to warm up we bravely stupidly decided to stand up and applaud them.

What a mistake that was as we got nothing but abuse throughout the game - although to be fair it never seemed like turning nasty.

We were on there too - sat about 4 rows from the front half-way between their Kop and the half-way line.

I remember when Wednesday ran out to warm up we bravely stupidly decided to stand up and applaud them.

What a mistake that was as we got nothing but abuse throughout the game - although to be fair it never seemed like turning nasty.

You'll have been sat near me then, stood up at half time had a good look around and saw loads of "familiar faces" dotted around.

2-1 Ekoku in extra time of the League cup game (late 2000 I think), crap game where they were probably the better team. Also marred a bit by some blades getting in the kop/north. But that's the only time someone I didn't know has fallen on top of me at a game and I loved it.

worst was the 3-1 hammering at the lane with the flares, that basically had sealed our fate of going down. Proper chirpy that evening was.

You'll have been sat near me then, stood up at half time had a good look around and saw loads of "familiar faces" dotted around.

I remember one guy was particularly 'upset' about our presence - thankfully his missus kept him in check and we only had to suffer his torrent of abuse.

I think last season was actually the first time I've watched us at Br*m*ll Lane from the away end.

Worse was watching us lose 1-2 at home in my first Derby game

Watching us lose 3-1 at the sty on sky. First ever Derby game on tv and i was at my pig mates house angry.gif

That free kick they scored to make it 2-2 in my first trip to the lane.

The First half of this season

Best was been at the lane and beating them 2-1

Watson's goal

The 2-0 win at Hillsborough when the place was bouncing

I need one more to make it even! Please be Sunday!

For us old feckers...

You my man, are an absolute genius.

I genuinely hadn't read the whole thread when I posted that the best goal ever was Curran's at the Lane and I was lucky enough to be there (stood at the opposite end). Just returned to read the whole thread and I found your post. Absolute magic.

I didn't even realise footage existed. You have made me a very, very,very, happy man tonight.

Played it 5 times now. Young un's, watch and learn (you won't be disappointed)

Roll on Sunday - I feel a lot better now.