Best and worse Derby moments

Whats your best and worst memories from a steel city derby ?

Mine are the wembley semi final win as I was too young to go to Boxing day.

And the worse has to be when we lost at home think it was 3 -1 when Bobby davison got a couple for them.

Although I'm hoping to have a new favourite after Sunday.

Beating them 2-0 at Hillsborough a couple of years ago. Really didn't expect it and we mullered them from start to finish. Hillsborough was bouncing after that second goal. Knew we'd win it from then, if only Leon had scored that third from a tap in we could have got 4 or 5.

Worse was Beattie's free-kick, really thought we had it in the bag when we'd scored our second.

Guest owls_4_life

Beating them 2-0 at Hillsborough a couple of years ago. Really didn't expect it and we mullered them from start to finish. Hillsborough was bouncing after that second goal. Knew we'd win it from then, if only Leon had scored that third from a tap in we could have got 4 or 5.

Worse was Beattie's free-kick, really thought we had it in the bag when we'd scored our second.

Is that the one where Laws ran down the touchline after the second goal? That was quality!

I've not been going for long but the match at home mentioned above probably best memory. And maybe the first half of the game at the Sty probably the worst!

Jamie Ward's goal was horrible... Buxton's own goal perhaps even worse.

Beattie's free kick was painful, and the Michael Brown volley (?) a few years back at the stay was horrible

Best moments were Steve Watson's goal last season, Tudgay's volley- just knowing that we'd done it.

Bolder's two goals were flipping brilliant. Although a loss, Esajas' free kick was awesome, and bouncing in the croud was unbelievable

Best; 2-1 win at Bramall Lane last season to complete the first Derby Double in nearly a century. The Wembley semi-final would have been this choice had we won the cup!

Worst; 2-1 loss in their promotion season - Adi Akinbiyi scored an absolute bullet in front of the Kop. They destroyed us and really should have had their very own 'Boxing Day'.

Seeing Waddle smash that free kick in from 35 yards at Wembley.

Being on the lower leppings lane one season when we battered them at Hillsborough.

Running round our SU bar when Sodje scored in the game we won 2-0 a couple of seasons back.

Nearly giving my mate a heart attack when listening to the game at Bramall Lane when we went 1-0 up, then 2-0 up. I screamed "YES" so loud he nearly shat himself - he was watching Arsenal and Liverpool on silent while I had the radio on.

Watching Watson lop Kenny from 25 yards at Hillsborough before going for lunch at a family members house when me and my Dad were outnumbered by blunts fans 5-2!

Only been to two -

Best - the 2-0 a few years ago - my favourite game ever - bouncing knowing that we'd won with half an hour left - how come that match didn't end up about 6-0? I left the country for 6 months 2 days later - brilliant going away present

Worst - the end of the last one at Hillsborough - didn't know we would win it - far far too tense. Never wanted a game to end so badly.

Edited by durhamowl3

Hirst equaliser at bramall lane, must have been on a sunday because i managed to get to the match. I was stood on john street and went flippingmental. How i got out alive i will never know.

We were in their family enclosure that afternoon.

How i got out alive i will never know. :blush:

"Kuqi...oh it's a looping header back of the bar and OWUSU! HE'S DONE IT, HE'S JUST COME ON, AN INSTANT HILLSBOROUGH HERO!" Now I know that hillsborough hero title didn't last long, and it was during a sh**e season where we were relegated, and really pigs could have had 12 on the day but still it was first time I ever saw us beat them live so it's up there for me.

2-0 couple of seasons ago too where 3 sides of Hillsborough were chanting there's only one Bryan Robson was sheer class

Worst, getting hammered 3-1 at the lane after taking the lead. And the 2-1 defeat at Hillsborough under Sturrock where we just didn't turn up at all, felt amazingly deflated after that match.

My best memories...

Tudgays goal at the Lane last season

Ekoku's injury time winner

Sodje's opener from a beaut of a cross from JJ.

Worst...

Laurent D'Jaffo scoring in front of the Leppings Lane

The first half meltdown at the lane this season

Alan Quinn scoring against us and going mental..

I hope to add to the first list this time next week rather than the second one :blush:

[/b]

Was that the game Quinn put us 1 up at the sty? That was a great feeling at the time, The noise from TWO TIERS of Wednesdayites just after he scored was crazy.

Yeah it was.

Quinn put us ahead and then went and wound up their Kop.

Shame he'd repeat the trick on us a few seasons later. :mad:

Guest James-The-Owl

As a relative youngster, the worst for me was at half time at the lane this season, thinking they were going to go on and get 5 or 6, felt physically sick.

The best was at the lane last season, Spurr scoring in the first minute was an unbelievable feeling, then Tudgay's screamer, one of the best goals I've seen us score.

I had great fun going out to watch the last 2 home victories in Belfast. There is something to be said for going mental with a few Wednesdayites while the rest of the bar looks on.

Of course if there is one Blade there watching you can always make him feel like a wee pipe by chanting ' we can see you sneaking out'. lol

oh and doing a lap of Owl 1867's kitchen when Spurr smashed home that goal at the Lane...

Best: Apart from the obvious; Efan Ekoku's extra time winner in the Worthington Cup in 2000, first derby at hillsborough for years.

Worst: in 2006 when they absolutely battered us and having to hear them sing "it could have been 6-1" and agreeing with them. Then having to watch Warnock's stupid dance at full-time