Luck...

Another deflected goal at the weekend to add to the collection. Another decent (ish) performance yet nothing from the game.

I know the old saying goes 'you make your own luck' but why is it that when you're down there scrapping you never seem to catch a break?

I just have a feeling we a due a huge slice and maybe it will come against the pigs?

UTO

We have had horrible luck!

penalty claims denied

non existent handballs

lucky deflections

lets hope its all being saved for the palace game!

It could be argued we're lucky to still have a lifeline, given that Palace have had 10 points deducted.

Good point. If we do go down I don’t think we can have many complaints really. Still think there will be a few twists and turns yet to come.

You make your own luck.

You don't win penalties if you're too afraid to pass the ball into the penalty area, and you will have more penalties awarded against you if the opposition spends twice as long in your box as you do in theirs.

You don't get deflected goals if you're too afraid to shoot, and you will get deflected goals against you if your opponents have twice as many shots as you.

Guest AnotherOwl

Yeah totally agree. The saying is true, but I cannot help feeling, despite everything (players...) we are well overdue some luck!

It could be argued we're lucky to still have a lifeline, given that Palace have had 10 points deducted.

Good point tbf

Completely forgot about the team whom we are relying upon to stay up, have had 10 points deducted from their current total

It's a ridiculous point.

Palace should have had far more severe a punishment than three wins and a draw took off their total.

They've continually spent outside their means while we've suffered for playing by the rules. And they're punished with a ten point deduction.

No justice.

Guest owls_4_life

Another deflected goal at the weekend to add to the collection. Another decent (ish) performance yet nothing from the game.

I know the old saying goes 'you make your own luck' but why is it that when you're down there scrapping you never seem to catch a break?

I just have a feeling we a due a huge slice and maybe it will come against the pigs?

UTO

Chances are we would catch a break like Middlesborough's if we had anyone with the balls to shoot from outside the area like their player did. Miller at Preston comes to mind. Shame the only one willing to do it is out injured.