Just finished watching

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Just a few observations I made while watching the derby game from late last year when we lost 3-2- 1st half was very painful viewing

- 1st half was terrible. No-one stood out really, perhaps Michael Gray but that first half has been much like our performances recently. Though saying that, we seemed to control the first 5 or so minutes, then crumbled as soon as they came into our half.

- 2nd half was awesome. Every player put in a shift, every player had passion and actually fought for the ball

- Gray looked a cut above the rest at times, as did Esajas. Potter and O'Connor both got stuck in well. Tudgay's goal was quality, and our defence was decent (2nd half :happy: ) with Buxton making some nice runs

- Both build ups to our 2 goals was lovely passing football, quick, fluent and effective

- Our fans were flipping amazing

Sorry to bring it up, but if we could string together a few games like our second half performance that day, then we'd have no trouble whatsoever.

I liked the commentator's reaction to Esajas' free kick- "Etienne Esajas: remember the name". :biggrin: Maybe if he was given a chance :ph34r:

Anyway, lets hope next Sunday will bring out a performance like that second half, because showing some actual passion and fight will be enough for many.

I think we've missed Michael Gray.

He had a couple of bad games and then was dropped never to be seen again.

Shame the same hasn't happened with Potter, Tudgay etc..

Gray has been our best player on a few occasions.

He hasn't looked so great since he's come back from injury though.

Gray has been our best player on a few occasions.

He hasn't looked so great since he's come back from injury though.

The thing that gets me is.

He's been injured and he hasn't been given the same treatment as the other injured players. Clarke, Buxton, Miller, Jeffers all got back into the 18 without having done anything spectacular under AI.

It says to me he doesn't really fancy players of Grays age. I can't think of any other reason, Soares and co. haven't exactly been anything special!!

think we only see players for 90 minutes on a weekend. AI sees them all throughout the week. it's a shame mickey's not been able to make his way back into the squad since surely experience and a calming influence is what's needed in our midfield right now - so either him or miller [or both!] would give us that ship-steadying we need for the last games.

The thing i remember most about that game is Laws making a change straight after our 2nd goal when we were weeing on them (I think Clarke on for Varney) and killed the game stone dead.

Yeah, good point. Though to be fair, I don't think Varney was having that much luck himself, and who else do you bring on? But like you said, we were all over them, so no need to change.

What a contrast in substitutions and how they affected the game