Is it Too Much To Ask?

Guest bartos

I'm a member of the Board and am asking these questions in the public domain in this thread......

In any case, all the fans should be demanding nothing less, the management should be asking nothing less and the players should be asking of themselves nothing less.

No matter what has gone on before - it's ALL down to these guys giving it their all and rising to these points for the next 270 minutes.

As I said, if each of our playing squad do, then we will stay up.

So, are each and every one of them up for it and committed to each of these basic questions of them?

If they are the fans will back them a million percent.

The time is now - 270 minutes.

Fully agree with everything in this thread but just to add that we have a part to play too. We can't yet be attaching blame, slating abilities to the point where it's damaging.

I believe players get an idea of fans feelings and thoughts, things haven't gone right but we all need to forget about why.

It's time for everyone to pull together, if we do we have a chance of surviving and then we will believe again

great post. fact is we're all wednesdayites. we've never [seriously] asked for any top-quality, but enjoyed it while it's been here. all we want to see is players putting in some graft and creating an end product/result to show for it. problem is finding players who can combine graft with end product. but the hard work should definitely come first.

if we see a player bust their arses trying to get from the centre of the park to the end of a cross from a breakaway, then the effort will be there for all to see and will lift the crowd - regardless of how rubbish the impending cross turns out to be. if a winger/striker breaks away down a flank and is forced to hold a ball up in the final third, then loses the ball whislt waiting for support - very thumbs down.

Guest PAUL.

I have seen the old chestnut 'lack of confidence' being used to explain our woeful performances and that when players lack confidence they start to hide.

Well, most of them have been getting slated anyway, so would the criticism be any worse if they showed up?

Is it really that difficult to press opponents when they have the ball instead of sitting back and letting them play?

Is it really that difficult to run off the ball and create another option for a team mate to pass to?

Is it really that difficult for the forwards to be constantly mobile instead of standing there like statues, making us so predictable and easy to defend against?

Is it really that difficult to give it absolutely everything for 90 minutes in each match so that the crowd feel like you give a poo poo and get behind you?

Is it really that difficult to put the rest of the season behind you and work your socks off for just 270 more minutes and never say die - that's the very least you can do for letting the fans down so badly all season after they have followed you in big numbers and vociferously (certainly away from home)?

Is it really that difficult to stop feeling sorry for yourselves and to stand up and be counted, be responsible, be available and be accountable?

Do all of these things and I'm certain we'll stay up.

Irrespective of what has and hasn't happened, the time is now.

It really is that straightforward - and for just 270 minutes.

.......................and there's thinking it was only me that thought exactly what you have posted Daz!!!!!

I'm still fuming from Saturdays game, no heart, no passion, no energy.

Playing with nine men again with Soares and Tudgay playing at statues for the time they were on. Middlesborough, four points off the play-offs FFS, ordinary isn't the word.

Irvine a Laws clone with substitutions so late in the game.

Three games to go and still confident of stopping up............ youre having a laugh after what I've seen this season.

The points above are what we should see EVERY game, and never in a month of sundays are they suddenly going to perform, because they haven't got it in them. Basically the team isn't good enough for the Championship i'm afraid, and the table doesn't lie.

I'm off to the Hirsty's bar tonight with AI, it should be well interesting.

One final point, great vocal following on saturday once again, why oh why do we do it for that shower.

Guest Deleted member

Im also off to Hirstys Bar - Im trying my best to get my 35 questions to Alan down to 1

Edited by Deleted member

Is it really that difficult to run off the ball and create another option for a team mate to pass to?

Assuming that the pass can be made.

Admittedly I've only seen a handful of games this season, but each time I have been struck by the ease in which we concede possession.

Some of the regulars might be immune to this, but some of the passing is League 2 /conference standard at best, which I fear is where some of our squad belong.

All the effort in the world will not compensate for lack of ability in the end, in which case we deserve what we get.

Pains me to say.

Edited by Davidioso

Guest PAUL.

Im also off to Hirstys Bar - Im trying my best to get my 35 questions to Alan down to 1

I can see me spoiling my manners tonight 4 def, and I'm sure I'll not be the only one.

That's the only problem.........so much to say but only one question allowed no doubt. :mellow: