Is it Too Much To Ask?

I have seen the old chestnut 'lack of confidence' being used to explain our woeful performances and that when players lack confidence they start to hide.

Well, most of them have been getting slated anyway, so would the criticism be any worse if they showed up?

Is it really that difficult to press opponents when they have the ball instead of sitting back and letting them play?

Is it really that difficult to run off the ball and create another option for a team mate to pass to?

Is it really that difficult for the forwards to be constantly mobile instead of standing there like statues, making us so predictable and easy to defend against?

Is it really that difficult to give it absolutely everything for 90 minutes in each match so that the crowd feel like you give a poo poo and get behind you?

Is it really that difficult to put the rest of the season behind you and work your socks off for just 270 more minutes and never say die - that's the very least you can do for letting the fans down so badly all season after they have followed you in big numbers and vociferously (certainly away from home)?

Is it really that difficult to stop feeling sorry for yourselves and to stand up and be counted, be responsible, be available and be accountable?

Do all of these things and I'm certain we'll stay up.

Irrespective of what has and hasn't happened, the time is now.

It really is that straightforward - and for just 270 minutes.

Guest Deleted member

Is it really too much to ask the manager to make a change before the 70th minute when the tactic isnt working?

I have seen the old chestnut 'lack of confidence' being used to explain our woeful performances and that when players lack confidence they start to hide.

Well, most of them have been getting slated anyway, so would the criticism be any worse if they showed up?

Is it really that difficult to press opponents when they have the ball instead of sitting back and letting them play?

Is it really that difficult to run off the ball and create another option for a team mate to pass to?

Is it really that difficult for the forwards to be constantly mobile instead of standing there like statues, making us so predictable and easy to defend against?

Is it really that difficult to give it absolutely everything for 90 minutes in each match so that the crowd feel like you give a poo poo and get behind you?

Is it really that difficult to put the rest of the season behind you and work your socks off for just 270 more minutes and never say die - that's the very least you can do for letting the fans down so badly all season after they have followed you in big numbers and vociferously (certainly away from home)?

Is it really that difficult to stop feeling sorry for yourselves and to stand up and be counted, be responsible, be available and be accountable?

get it pinned up on the dressing room door...

at least gives some of those spineless coonts a chance to see it.

Nail on head Daz, how come we can see it week in week out in the stands, and they are the simple problems to sort out, makes me wonder what game the management are watching sometimes it can't surely be the same one we watch. Come on ALAN SORT IT.

Guest Sheff Owl

Is it really too much to ask the manager to make a change before the 70th minute when the tactic isnt working?

That is so annoying EVERYONE can see it's not been working for 45 -50 minutes yet we just carry on hoping it might change...if it has not worked so far then it's unlikely too.

Yet then when 80 minutes comes along we decide to make changes...

Guest Deleted member

Was the same at QPR

Everybody was shouting for JJ from before half time - he comes on in the 70th and 5 minutes later we equalised.

I wonder if we'd have more points now if he'd come on earlier

are you Churchill in disguise? absolutely bang on the money mate

Guest Sheff Owl

Was the same at QPR

Everybody was shouting for JJ from before half time - he comes on in the 70th and 5 minutes later we equalised.

I wonder if we'd have more points now if he'd come on earlier

The thing is i have said many times in this forum that i belive we could have done a hell of a lot more in games and i belive that if we go down then if people start saying "could we have done more to try and stay up", "should we have done more" i belive it would be a massive YES

I mean is making changes on the 80 minute enough?

Is taking a Striker off for a Striker on 80 minutes right? Why not take a Defender off for a Striker and get them all on and lose 2 - 0 and go for it than lose 1-0 carrying on as normal. It's so annoying.

Irvine has had 20 games so far!

The thing is i have said many times in this forum that i belive we could have done a hell of a lot more in games and i belive that if we go down then if people start saying "could we have done more to try and stay up", "should we have done more" i belive it would be a massive YES

I mean is making changes on the 80 minute enough?

Is taking a Striker off for a Striker on 80 minutes right? Why not take a Defender off for a Striker and get them all on and lose 2 - 0 and go for it than lose 1-0 carrying on as normal. It's so annoying.

Irvine has had 20 games so far!

Mr Irvine was given a brief of, presumably, keeping us in this division with no budget.

If we go down he will have to accept some culpability too, unfortunately. He has had over 20 games FFS.

As I have said in other threads, he has never actually said that he believes we will stay up. Fair play for honesty and not bullshitting, but by virtue of this omission, one has to consider whether he actually believed we could stay up when he took the job.

I have never, ever, known a newly appointed manager fail to tell the fans "don't worry, we'll be safe". It's par for the course so to speak. The fans need to hear it and so do the players.

If he never believed it then one can hardly blame the players for an equal lack of faith.

IMO he has been very uninspirational so far (including his omission to committ to safety) and has always taken the easy route in terms of tactics, team selection and substitutions. Low risk = No Blame, but ultimately in our case, will result in failure.

Sorry to be so negative, but I had high hopes of him initially. On what I've seen so far, not anymore, notwithsatnding the clear lack of quality in the squad.

That's all I want to see from them. With that everything else will follow.

Guest Housey

Certain players have no interest in playing for the club because the know their going in the summer, Tudgay aint interested because he wanted his move to the premiership and the rest appear not to care. I also think that the summer signings upset the team spirit for one reason or another and we have never recovered.

If only it were so simple - when it comes just to attitude and comittment you are talking about the biggest group of t0ssers this club has ever had on its books.

Of the players out of contract in the summer I would ditch every one, and where possible offload others if any one would take them(chance would be a fine thing).

There will be planty of free agents in the summer - desperate to play football.

Which ever division we are in, we need to clear them out and move on.

The players are trying hard,but unfortunately they are poo ,

The players are trying hard,but unfortunately they are poo ,

Who, exactly, are you watching who do that?

Grant has enough ability to appear not to try, but succeeds.

Purse tries hard and succeeds.

JJ and JoC try hard but lack the ability to be successful.

That leaves seven others, plus subs, who don't seem to know how to try.

Perhaps these questions should be asked by the Wednesdayte board in the public domain?

I'm a member of the Board and am asking these questions in the public domain in this thread......

In any case, all the fans should be demanding nothing less, the management should be asking nothing less and the players should be asking of themselves nothing less.

No matter what has gone on before - it's ALL down to these guys giving it their all and rising to these points for the next 270 minutes.

As I said, if each of our playing squad do, then we will stay up.

So, are each and every one of them up for it and committed to each of these basic questions of them?

If they are the fans will back them a million percent.

The time is now - 270 minutes.

Our squad has the talent and ability to be much higher in the table. What has let us down is work rate, passion, fight, commitment and pride.

All it takes in a team of 11 players on a pitch is for two or three to not show up with the qualities I just mentioned and the team is screwed on the day.

If this happens over the course of a season you end up in our position. On the face of it, too good, in terms of ability, to go down... but going down regardless.