barnsley

the writing was on the wall after that match,1st half great performance showed what the players could do it if they wanted to.

2nd half this performance is the one they gave for much of the season.

At HT of that match I said to my mates that if we play like that for the rest of the season we're in with a shout of sneaking in the playoffs. At FT I jokingly said "We're gonna get relegated".

That match sums up SWFC, optimism and potential ultimately crushed by the reality of disappointment and underachievement.

At half time I was feeling pretty good about the season... Another solid season I thought, with the faintest of chances of sneaking a top-six spot...

Second half was a shambles. I don't think we can say that set the tone for the rest of the season though. For me, the Port Vale debacle was just as bad. The tipping point was Watford away on Sky.

At half time I was feeling pretty good about the season... Another solid season I thought, with the faintest of chances of sneaking a top-six spot...

Second half was a shambles. I don't think we can say that set the tone for the rest of the season though. For me, the Port Vale debacle was just as bad. The tipping point was Watford away on Sky.

don't get me started on the port vale debacle,we'd just beat sflaphorpe 4-0 we were on a high and brian decides to "rest" players,when a decent cup run for financial reasons

was essential,then we had the jeffers gonads and as we say the rest is history.

First days are no guide are they? Hammered Burnley 4-1, still a poor season, 45 mins of class v barnsley and we end up like this. The season we lost 0-3 to Colchester we ended up changing managers and going up (I am remembering correctly aren't I?, as I'm in despair at our position)

Guest owls_4_life

I said the exact same to someone today. As soon as we lost the two goal lead you could see it was going to be a frustrating season. If only we know then how frustrating!

Guest Sheff Owl

That first game on the second half performence they should have been told that if that's what the season is gonna be like they can flip off right now...and try and nip it in the bud straight away, instead of letting it creep in to each and every game.

In hindsight it showed us that when the players are confident then they could play good stuff, but were perhaps a bit mentally weak if things went badly.

I get the impression they werent fit enough to play that way all game either.

Quite often I got that impression under BL. It seemed like we went hell for leather for the first 20 minutes hoping to be two or three up, and when it didn't happen the other team would come out and batter us for the remaining hour or so cos... well... we were fooked!

That game provided an insight into how poo poo we were going to be.

I'd love to know what Brian *nice bloke* Laws said to those players at half time.

The turnaround in performance was exceptional, even by Brian *nice bloke* Laws standards.

At least we played some half decent football.

Presently we look incapable of creating any half decent chances.

Edited by SiJ

Guest JonTheOwl66

Well they certainly couldnt keep the pass and move up for much more than 45 mins.

JJ never lasts a full game on the wing either!

Completely different for a fast player, they don't work on long distance running.

I dont seen how people can think we'd be tired after 20-30 minutes, football players are incredibly fit.

Football players are fit, but it's a fitness shaped around playing football at a certain pace for 90 minutes.

When you're being told to work at 100% for half an hour, it'll tire the fittest of footballers out.

To put another way - take a 10,000 meter runner and tell them to sprint for the first 2,000 meters... How well do you reckon they would perform the next 8,000?