'Lap Of Honor'

Guest Sheff Owl

Guest Sheff Owl

There has been talk about would the players do a 'Lap Of Honor' if we get relegated or stay up...

So if we get relegated will you.....

Clap the players for trying?

Boo the players and let them know what you think?

If we stay up...

Still clap the players after the achievement of staying up?

Or still boo after the shambles that we have had to put up with?

OBVIOUSLY BEFORE AND DURING THE MATCH CHEER LIKE YOU HAVE NEVER CHEERED BEFORE!!!!!!

My feelings will be very similar regardless of whether we stay up. I'm conflicted. I want to boo the majority + shout/scream what I think of them. But at the same time I don't want certain players to think it's aimed at them. I want Grant, Purse, Beevers, Nolan, JOC, JJ and possibly Miller to know that I appreciate their contributions to my club this season.

My feelings will be very similar regardless of whether we stay up. I'm conflicted. I want to boo the majority + shout/scream what I think of them. But at the same time I don't want certain players to think it's aimed at them. I want Grant, Purse, Beevers, Nolan, JOC, JJ and possibly Miller to know that I appreciate their contributions to my club this season.

IMO the only players that will come out with any credit at the end regardless of finishing position.

Guest Sheff Owl

I think i would have to take bit's from what people have said already.

It would be inappropriate if we stayed up, we have had plenty of time to sort this mess out and we leave it to the last game of the season, shambles really.

If we went down then i'm sure there would be fans that want to let the players know what they have achieved for this football club, so i guess some would want the 'Lap Of Honor'.

The only thing for me is there are a 2 or 3 players that have tried....could they get there own 'Lap Of Honor' :biggrin:

You saying Purse doesn't deserve credit for turning his season around and becoming an absolute monster under Irvine? Consistently our best player in the second half of the season. Beevers has also looked like fulfilling his potential (but only when alongside Purse). Nolan is a quality full back, he's reliable personified. And Miller made our midfield actually look somewhat dangerous when he was playing, which you've got to give him credit for considering that we're rocking the most offensively impotent and toothless CM pairing in the division in the form of Potter/JOC.

Guest BigDave

You saying Purse doesn't deserve credit for turning his season around and becoming an absolute monster under Irvine? Consistently our best player in the second half of the season. Beevers has also looked like fulfilling his potential (but only when alongside Purse). Nolan is a quality full back, he's reliable personified. And Miller made our midfield actually look somewhat dangerous when he was playing, which you've got to give him credit for considering that we're rocking the most offensively impotent and toothless CM pairing in the division in the form of Potter/JOC.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Edited by BigDave

Guest James-The-Owl

If we go down and they do one I'll make a point of staying and letting the players know exactly how I feel. If we stay up and they do one I'll walk out, I won't boo because I'll be happy we've stayed up but I certainly won't stay and flipping clap the overpaid lobbers for what's been a thoroughly poo poo season.

Its hard to pick out really because in truth all of our players have played bit parts to an abysmal season.

So i take back my previous comment to say that no one deserves credit if a team gets relegated.

Although id give my thanks to the fitness team for keeping alot of players fit enough to see how crap they really are.

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

they will rename it something daft like "lap of appreciation" or some crap like that

it would be very surprised if it didn't happen

Guest Sheff Owl

Its hard to pick out really because in truth all of our players have played bit parts to an abysmal season.

So i take back my previous comment to say that no one deserves credit if a team gets relegated.

Although id give my thanks to the fitness team for keeping alot of players fit enough to see how crap they really are.

I a way i agree with this you, it's a team and in some way they have all had a not the best season in parts BUT....

Purse yes started off shocking and i think EVERYONE would have got rid there and then if they could but since he has vastly improved and you can't fault him for that...

JOC has tried and worked hard, we all know he ain't the best Midfield player yet it does not help having a sorry excuse of a footballer next to him.

Edited by Sheff Owl

If the players fight in the remaining 3 games , I'll clap them.

If they carry on with the lack of effort and commitment I will boo them.

yes I'll get slagged off for this post but I don't care. I've watched Wednesday for numerous years now and the effort shown is terrible.

A prime example of this would Tudgay. Lazy , overpaid , can't finish.

Yes one or two players deserve credit. But in general the team don't

Guest Sheff Owl

They should be crucified regardless.

In terms of effort and application this is the worst Wednesday team I've ever seen.

That's the point ain't it the season has been a complete utter joke of a season, a flipping shambles...

So stay up or not surely there has to be questions/answers/repercussions..

Guest owls_4_life

Why do a lap of honor when most of em can't even be bothered to stay at the end of a normal match and thank the fans?