realistically going down or staying up ?????????

Guest mb1973

No we're not relegated and we have every chance of getting out of it.

The teams that get out of it will be positive and earn their points - teams that just try toi defend their position will be in trouble

From what i have seen recently both Palace and Watford are really giving it a go - even Scunny

Winning and losing is better than drawing and not losing

TBH it's a horrible position to be in and the manager has to decide whether to stick or twist

Not sure TBH but watching the footy last night two things give me hope

1) Scunny players looked almost suicidal after giving away two goals in the last 4 minutes to lose the game

2) Palace players playing very poorly

Guest JonTheOwl66

We're as good as down, not giving up hope but out strikers are dog poo poo.

One positive is that we could have a few good away games next year..

Guest East_Dene_Owl

We can and we will stay up....

Pigs are very beatable and I expect us to beat them comfortably and then I can see a surprise win at Cardiff that no one was expecting, this will be because Cardiff will already be in play offs and Dave Jones will rest half his team.

Have Faith :cool:

Edited by East_Dene_Owl

My thoughts are we are already down. the main reason being is our inability to score goals. We lead the league with eighteen games were we have failed to score. That plus our atrocious goal difference is worth a point to the other teams. I know we have no money but I still shake my head that we did not go for a proven goal scorer in the loan window. Even if it had cost us five thousand a game for the last ten games it would have been money well spent and would be a drop in the bucket against what relegation will cost.

And finally, I am not going to keep denying that there is an elephant in the room.

But, Alan Irvine should not be immune. The Derby, Coventry and Bristol games were all games that we should have won, even with this squad. Points were lost under his stewardship and leadership.He sets the tactics, attitude and tempo and frankly they have been lamentable.

I am not prepared to carry on being in denial about it. It really has been a case of 'emperors new clothes'. Nothing has changed post Laws IMO, sorry.

Agree 100%.

Until a week or so ago I believed we would stay up.

Now I am far from certain - in fact, and to be honest, I think we're done.

The Derby, Watford and Bristol City games were massive but winnable games.

For me the fact that we took just 4 points out of a possible 9 from those games is why I believe we're done.

Of course we can still stay up, three wins in the next three games would see to that. But I can see us struggling to score in the next games, let alone win them.

We look like a team heading for relegation - we can't score, we're playing poorly, the team looks bereft of confidence and we have the luck going against us.

I would agree that nothing has really changed.

We started the season with a lower-mid table budget and a lower-mid table team. Mid-table was probably the best we could have possibly hoped for.

Unfortunately expectation levels were raised beyond reality during the summer and when the team struggled the weight of this unreasonable expectation became too much.

When a lower-mid table team struggles, the danger is all too real.

Sadly, we are where we deserve to be - make no mistake.

Unfortunately think Palace will beat Derby and we will not show up........... again, against United.

Realistically, down by Sunday IMO, as can't see us getting anything at Cardiff.

Which would mean we were 4 points behind Palace come the final weekend

Hope I am wrong, but doubt that Alan has the persona to play any other way in the next 2 games, to get us the points we need.

It will be defensive and negative against United and Cardiff and we will be beaten narrowly on both occasions, without scoring IMO

It will be defensive and negative against United and Cardiff and we will be beaten narrowly on both occasions, without scoring IMO

100% agree, sadly.

Hope I/we are wrong but cannot see where the uplift/hope is going to come from.

I'm prepared for the worst. Anything else is a bonus.

Guest Sheff Owl

Unfortunately think Palace will beat Derby and we will not show up........... again, against United.

Hope I am wrong, but doubt that Alan has the persona to play any other way in the next 2 games, to get us the points we need.

Agree here.

I think some people think Palace won't win another game i'm not so sure, i think they might, thats why we need to 'go for it NOW' not wait, it only takes sflaphorpe, watford and Palace to win and then guess what? We have fooked it with being negative.

Now is not the time to keep with the same tactics, we need to change it NOW!!

Edited by Sheff Owl

This sums up my fears.

without wanting to sound too philosophical - people have different views on reality.

one person [me] could "realistically" think that we'll stay up, whilst another [kivo et al] could "realistically" think we'll go down.

fingers crossed still for the former.

If Palace win on the Saturday its going to put immense pressure on us on Sunday. If we don't win we go to Cardiff knowing we could be relegated.

The season hangs on this game against United. Beating them will give us not only three valuable points but a massive confidence boost.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

What concerns me a little is that AI has done a great job reorganising the defence we have actually been a litle unlucky not to have won a few games recently HOWEVER...BL did seem to be able to "rally the troops" at major critical games such as the double win, such as at Leicester 2 seasons ago and somehow pull wins out from what seemed like very tough situations.

Apart from the 2 goal comeback the other week I haven't been aware yet of the sudden step up in the second half for example under AI, is that because we are a more balanced team in the first half ??

Where has the ability to step up a level and respond to that rallying call... where has that extra gear gone??

Maybe now AI needs to really give that back to the wall speech a bog motivation for the next 3 matches....

Has AI got the ability and charisma to do that?

What does anyone else think of this am I missing something here... I think AI is a good manager for us in the longer term but I worry that in these circumstances the inspirational qualities aren't there...

BL has his back to the wall with Burnley and suddenly they pull out a 4-1 victory over fellow strugglers, it is reminiscent of our position two seasons ago...

Are we missing that now ? just to note I think BL needed to go when he did if not sooner .....