realistically going down or staying up ?????????

Guest mb1973

Guest mb1973

do you think with the way we are playing and the results we are getting do we have a chance of staying up or are we going down without a fight ?????????????????

Guest teeba

Here's hoping there's still a chance to stay up when we reach final match day and with a win against CP we will pass them on points and stay up... that's demanding ONE huge performance, and given the team's done very little over the previous 45 matches, they should amass all strength in this one...

Guest Blue&WhiteBen

it hangs perfectly in the balance

but given our inability to score goals of late, i'm not very optimistic

Down. It's over. I've accepted it. Still hurts but I've come to terms with being in that rumbleing awful league again.

For me the 'penny dropped' in two particular games that we weren't going to make it.

Derby at home - Apathetic tactics, lack lustre performance and sheer lack of urgency.We should have been 'up and at them', instead we were grateful for a point. The writing was on the wall then.

Then, Coventry away. We squandered possession and chances and then conceded a stupid goal that was like watching a car crash in slow motion.

That was the day for me, with hindsight, that I thought we were'nt going to make it. If we couldn't beat a disinterested Coventry, then we were beyond hope, redemption or any further 'unbelievable results'.

4 easy points lost that should have been easily gained regardless of the inadequacies of this squad.

Beyond hope now I'm afraid (and ashamed to say).

Guest Housey

I think we will stay up if Ivine makes the required changes as goes for a more attacking approach. I think the derby game will get the players up for the fight and will carry us through to the palace game.

Draw with the Blades

Win at Cardiff as they will be wanting to keep fresh for the playoffs

Draw with Palace.

And finally, I am not going to keep denying that there is an elephant in the room.

When we are relegated, yes, the players and Brian Laws will have to take their share of the blame.

But, Alan Irvine should not be immune. The Derby, Coventry and Bristol games were all games that we should have won, even with this squad. Points were lost under his stewardship and leadership.He sets the tactics, attitude and tempo and frankly they have been lamentable.

I am not prepared to carry on being in denial about it. It really has been a case of 'emperors new clothes'. Nothing has changed post Laws IMO, sorry.