Parking for Next Sunday

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Hello all,

Coming down from Portugal to Sheffield for one of my view visits to the lovely Hillsborough.

Just wondering on the best places to park for it? I don't mind paying for parking, and I don't mind turning up early to get a space.

Anywhere near to the stadium that is easy to get away from would be awesome- any advice would be really appreciated- thanks :)

Guest Ben Thomas

Hello all,

Coming down from Portugal to Sheffield for one of my view visits to the lovely Hillsborough.

Just wondering on the best places to park for it? I don't mind paying for parking, and I don't mind turning up early to get a space.

Anywhere near to the stadium that is easy to get away from would be awesome- any advice would be really appreciated- thanks :)

Dont you come up from Portugal to Sheffield? :ph34r:

Hello all,

Which end of the stadium are you hoping to park? If you intend to park behind leppings lane, I can tell you a couple of decent areas within walking distance,. If you don't mind a 20-25 minute walk, you can park on my drive.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Which end of the stadium are you hoping to park? If you intend to park behind leppings lane, I can tell you a couple of decent areas within walking distance,. If you don't mind a 20-25 minute walk, you can park on my drive.

Thanks for the lovely offer mate, but I'll be coming with a friend who has bad breathing so can't walk too far. Erm, I'm not too fussed which side I park to be honest. I guess there will be little way to avoid the traffic, but if there's a side to the stadium that will be less conjested, that would be a lot easier

Wednesdayite car park on Penistone Road opposite Megastore probably your best bet

Thanks for the lovely offer mate, but I'll be coming with a friend who has bad breathing so can't walk too far. Erm, I'm not too fussed which side I park to be honest. I guess there will be little way to avoid the traffic, but if there's a side to the stadium that will be less conjested, that would be a lot easier

Not usually.

I've got there at 2:50 and been okay.

I'd personally get there up to 30 mins before kick off and you'll be fine in there. I always use it. Bang across from ground, no walking and doesn't usually take that long to get out.

Will cost you a fiver.

If you get there early enough you can usually find the odd space on Middlewood Road which is just around the corner from Leppings Lane, and if after the game you intend heading out towards Oughtibridge or Grenaside then it is virtually a clear run.

Just a bloke, who used up all his luck in one go when he met his wife.

I'v always parked on Herries Road on the hill when i'v driven up before, but haven't had to park in a while (i normally get the train) and i know the club have warned that the council will hand out parking fines like confetti on match days.

Has anyone got a fine for parking there this season?

Guest Yeates_knowledge

Thank you so much to everyone, all a great help

I need to get my rented car back and then get the train to the airport.. going to be a long night if Wednesday lose :D

Guest Yeates_knowledge

I need to get on the A61, hoping to get onto the M1 after Workshop.

Any difference as to which place to park I choose, or is it gonna be relatively the same?