Potter

Got a text at the match today from a mate who said that RS said Potter was "putting a shift in".....which was news to me and I started to watch him a bit more........what a pile fo crap.....he's got away with murder this season simply by the fact that there's far worse on show.

But.........why does he think that formations, be it 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or what ever have to be kept to religiously?.......other than when he's taking a corner, have you ever seen him in a position advanced of the forwards?.....number of occasions today when he played the ball in to a forward and then stood back and admired himself in a "job done" type attitude.......any half decent midfielder would have pushed on and offered himself for the return......how many shots has he ever had for us from open play?

Plus......he supposed to be our creativity.......most of the game, he takes the ball off a full back....looks up, and if there's nothing easy or obvious on (which lets be honest is most of the time) he just turns and gives the ball (and the responsibilty for making something happen) back to the full back.

waste of space

He's exactly the same every game.

A total waste of space. Strolls about like he's Xavi, and contributes absolutely ZERO.

The worrying thing is, Irvine doesn't see it. It's seriously concerning that Irvine continues to pick the likes of Potter, Spurr, Soares and Tudgay when they have offered nothing of late, and in fact for most of the season. There needs to be changes next Sunday.

He's exactly the same every game.

A total waste of space. Strolls about like he's Xavi, and contributes absolutely ZERO.

The worrying thing is, Irvine doesn't see it. It's seriously concerning that Irvine continues to pick the likes of Potter, Spurr, Soares and Tudgay when they have offered nothing of late, and in fact for most of the season. There needs to be changes next Sunday.

Well I hope that he watches Xavi a bit more closely because he does anything but stroll about.

There is no way that our team is going to change dramatically from now til the end of the season, even if it should do.

I like Tudgay, but if ever a player has deserved dropping (or moving position) its him. Saying that, his scoring record against Utd is fantastic.

I also used to like Potter, but he is really not the player I thought we signed.

Spurr is another one - great in the past, particularly last season - but for the majority has been very poor this season.

Where did it all go wrong for them?

Guest j999rms

what do you expect him to do if the there is nothing on? At least he tries to keep possession by playing simple balls, if the rest of the team thought about that then we may be in a better position.

Guest Sheff Owl

There is no way that our team is going to change dramatically from now til the end of the season, even if it should do.

I like Tudgay, but if ever a player has deserved dropping (or moving position) its him. Saying that, his scoring record against Utd is fantastic.

I also used to like Potter, but he is really not the player I thought we signed.

Spurr is another one - great in the past, particularly last season - but for the majority has been very poor this season.

Where did it all go wrong for them?

Maybe Spurr has gone a little bit like Wood, been here a while and gone a bit stale, a lot of people said that it maybe time Wood moved on and he did, same for Spurr?

Maybe Spurr has gone a little bit like Wood, been here a while and gone a bit stale, a lot of people said that it maybe time Wood moved on and he did, same for Spurr?

Spurr was never that good

Got a level of leeway - since his early stint - which many players don't get

Strafford should instigate some Saturday evening light entertainment/reality/talent tv show

- "How do you solve a problem like Darren Potter?" -

In which undiscovered prospective midfielders undertake a series of tests to determine their ability, while at the same time intersegued with *** bits and sound bites detailing their tragic and emotional life stories, as we are given the opportunity to phone in and decide which of the hopefulls is most deserving of a one year, 9k a week contract.

only to discover they are shyte when we see them play games after getting their "dream deal".

what do you expect him to do if the there is nothing on? At least he tries to keep possession by playing simple balls, if the rest of the team thought about that then we may be in a better position.

I expect him to talke some responsibilty and look to create something.....not just give it back to Spurr with a "there's nothing easy on so you can lump it long and take the flack" attitude

It's an absolutely tragic this lad has made it as a footballer.

He's a statue - stands in the same position, passes square, offers nothing to the attack and his distribution lacks anything cutting.

I disagree.

End of last season and start of this season he was excellent.

Something has gone wrong since.

Guest James-The-Owl

He's a statue - stands in the same position, passes square, offers nothing to the attack and his distribution lacks anything cutting.

I know he's been poor recently but that is possibly the biggest load of poo I've read all night. We've seen him control games from the middle of the park before.

It's an absolute what?

1 too many treble? lol

Guest bob1867

I disagree.

So when we are doing ok he can be bothered - when we need someone to put a shift in ...........

Got a text at the match today from a mate who said that RS said Potter was "putting a shift in".....which was news to me and I started to watch him a bit more........what a pile fo crap.....he's got away with murder this season simply by the fact that there's far worse on show.

But.........why does he think that formations, be it 4-4-2, 4-3-3 or what ever have to be kept to religiously?.......other than when he's taking a corner, have you ever seen him in a position advanced of the forwards?.....number of occasions today when he played the ball in to a forward and then stood back and admired himself in a "job done" type attitude.......any half decent midfielder would have pushed on and offered himself for the return......how many shots has he ever had for us from open play?

Plus......he supposed to be our creativity.......most of the game, he takes the ball off a full back....looks up, and if there's nothing easy or obvious on (which lets be honest is most of the time) he just turns and gives the ball (and the responsibilty for making something happen) back to the full back.

waste of space

couldn't agree more, no drive, ambition or talent to get into the opposion box, quite content to pass sideways & backwards and take no responisibility,

just another lightweight midfielder

I disagree.

He has reverted back to being Scuse...!

A lazy, useless, uninterested, money-stealing Scouse cnut...!