Some Home Truths!

O'conner is f*cking RUBBISH! i would take 50p for him now! if you want someone to run around a football pitch that can't pass, cant shoot and can't head a ball but does a good job of getting in players faces then give me 5k a week!

People are saying O'conner is our player of the season..... well if he is then where trully f*cking poo poo and deserve to go down

The only players that have shown up this season are Grant, Purse, Johnson and Varney on the odd occasion the rest can f*ck off now!

If someone offered 20k for Tudgay tomorrow i would drive the silly c*nt myself to sign the contract!

and Leon Clark..... the sooner that dumb Harvey look a like piece of poo poo f*cks off the better!

90% of that squad is a disgrace and i hope your happy Brian Laws you f*cking pr!ck this is all your fault! you don't know your arse hole from your ear hole! and i can't wait for Burnley to sack you and for you to become one of the few managers to be sacked by two different clubs in one season!

Regards

Dazzler07 one very pissed off Wednesdayite

I agree with ya re o'connor. He's one of the favs for player of the season because his commitment is there and gives 100% every week, compared to many of the players in our team, but he has no quality at all.

So what's missing - quality or commitment ?

If the team had O'Connor's commitment would we be ok?

Owlstalk Shop

Guest James-The-Owl

I'd say absolutely yes. Take Marcus Tudgay for example, he showed last season on several occasions what he can do, but the guy just doesn't look interested, today being another pefect example.

I've always believed that we've got a good team, a good midtable championship team, and still believe that. Confidence has been a big part of our downfall, but the lack of commitment to get ourselves out of this mess may well send us down

Guest Sheff Owl

Robbie Savage people don't like him, some people can't stand him, Savage admits he ain't got much ability but he's annoying, you know why?

Because he get's in people's face's, you don't always have to tackle a player, you also need to use your brain.

JOC might not be the best at what he does, we all know that but he does something.

AlanMcInally on SSN said our midfield pairing was one of the worst he's seen

I agree - it's been the root of our problems - we just have nothing in there - nothing to affect our own play and nothing to stop the opposition

Fans like players like JOC because they bizz around and show energy

But on its own it's not enough - there has to be other connections and there has to be end product

Guest gerald90

Why hasn't the club gambled on staying up more? I know they keep saying we haven't got a pot to wee wee in, but they also say that the bank have been very good with us. If thats the case, why not say to the bank, lend us x for a decent striker so we can stay in this div for next season, knowing that if we do stay up, we'll be good for at least 800k that we weren't expecting (through west brom and newcastle going up) and are able to pay it off. If we go down, its going to take longer for the bank to get their dosh back. why not take this risk?

Guest totemowl

Why hasn't the club gambled on staying up more? I know they keep saying we haven't got a pot to wee wee in, but they also say that the bank have been very good with us. If thats the case, why not say to the bank, lend us x for a decent striker so we can stay in this div for next season, knowing that if we do stay up, we'll be good for at least 800k that we weren't expecting (through west brom and newcastle going up) and are able to pay it off. If we go down, its going to take longer for the bank to get their dosh back. why not take this risk?

Perhaps if we'd found a decent striker for x who would improve our chances of staying up then the risk would have been taken.

JOC was a bit part player from a poor Championship side when we signed him.

What did we expect ?

My Uncle Dave always said, if a player looks average at best, then he probably is.

Pushing for the play-offs, as clubs cut their cloths accordingly, my arse.

Guest Sheff Owl

I'll settle for a flipping goal mate, or signs of really wanting it.

If we go down, we go down. If we go down on the back of 0-0, 0-1' s etc, without a fight, that's what really stings.

So far we ain't done enough to score or win games imo

Is that the players or Irvines tactics?

Either way something needs to happen fast.