Just got back

Guest BarmyBetto

Guest BarmyBetto

First off all really dissapointed to loose to a deflection but thats football. Purse was excellant at the back per usual, the same with grant, some really good saves especially towards the end

However.. I think we matched middlesborough for the majority of the game. Johnson looked dangerous at times but had no one to help him out, Bad miss at the begining though.

Its clear what where missing.... a striker which will score goals. Tudgay does not seem intrested, varney is our best bet but hes playing on the left wing. Jeffers actually looked alright when he came on, and iv slated him many of times!

Pigs at home next week, Believe!

The fans were excellant again.

UTO

Guest ReginaldBlinker

I thought it was a very even, poor and tight game in which neither team created enough chances to deserve to win.

I thought we looked untroubled at the back but really struggled to get any momentum up when attacking.

I agree with BarmyBetto - a consistently dangerous striker would have yielded us at least an extra 10 points this year I reckon.

First off all really dissapointed to loose to a deflection but thats football. Purse was excellant at the back per usual, the same with grant, some really good saves especially towards the end

However.. I think we matched middlesborough for the majority of the game. Johnson looked dangerous at times but had no one to help him out, Bad miss at the begining though.

Its clear what where missing.... a striker which will score goals. Tudgay does not seem intrested, varney is our best bet but hes playing on the left wing. Jeffers actually looked alright when he came on, and iv slated him many of times!

Pigs at home next week, Believe!

The fans were excellant again.

UTO

To be fair, the fans sounded absolutely fantastic on Wednesday Player. It was the only thing that cheered me up. Even Bennett and Viradi commented continuously, throughout.

Well done (genuinely). These players don't deserve you.

Nobody seems willing to bust a gut for the cause, i was going ballistic in the last 5mins when they had a bit of keep ball & we wer'nt closing down at all just seemed happy to let em carry on, & Nolan picked a ball up from that low cross they all missed & had the chance to make a counter, but they all just seem to canter out without a care in the world leaving no options at all 4 F**ks sake we were 1-0 down & supposedly fighting for our survival, DRIVES ME UP THE WALL.

Says it all. we could have murdered them today with a decent striker. Jeffers surely has to be worth a go. he cannot do any worse.

To be fair, the fans sounded absolutely fantastic on Wednesday Player. It was the only thing that cheered me up. Even Bennett and Viradi commented continuously, throughout.

the atmosphere was terrific until they scored and then good in patches from then. The boro fans were as quiet as the Coventry and Swansea fans. They were as quiet as we are at home!

Genuinely thought we played OK today and did not deserve to lose..

Guest BarmyBetto

Says it all. we could have murdered them today with a decent striker. Jeffers surely has to be worth a go. he cannot do any worse.

the atmosphere was terrific until they scored and then good in patches from then. The boro fans were as quiet as the Coventry and Swansea fans. They were as quiet as we are at home!

Genuinely thought we played OK today and did not deserve to lose..

Another little thing which annoyed me was when we was 1-0 down and the ball came into our fans, the lad tryed to keep the ball! Where 1-0 down and hes only bothered about taking the ball home!

Well done (genuinely). These players don't deserve you.

The ol' throat is still a little sore and it was a great atmosphere. Goal quitened us till half time, but towards the end when a lot of fans thought we were going down, there were chants of look on the bright side of life and wednesday till i die.

Agree with the OP about the match. Middlesbrough weren't that good. From time to time they passed and moved well but without really getting anywhere. I was also surprised to see how poor Lita was. Haven't seen him since his good season in the Premier League though.

We just can't score, We're not really missing sitters, we're just not creating much, which is worrying. I've been back and forth with Potter, but after today I just don't see the point anymore, He just has no commitment to the cause. Attitude is poor. Players drifting past him as if he weren't there and never looks for the forward pass. His free kick in the first half too... did it take a deflection or something or did he really just pass it to Brad Jones?

It's looking bleak now and even though it is in our own hands, it really isn't. We need to rely on Sflaphorpe/Palace going on a poor run and hope that 49/50 points will be good enough, but I'll be right behind the lads till the fat lady sings that sweet/poo song

I got slated a month ago, after the Derby game, for saying Jeffers was a different class and should be given a go.

But no, the same old unimaginative line ups, giving him the odd 5 minutes (at Coventry for instance).

AI has been playing it safe IMO. If he keeps playing the same old crap, then he is blameless. It is the players/Laws' fault, and not his. If he plays Jeffers and things go wrong then it is his baby.

Thus, same team every week unless change is forced upon him.

As I said at the time - it takes a strong fish to swim against the tide, and a weak one to flow with it.

Not be long before we will be flowing down to League 1 I'm afraid.

F*****g useless IMO (all of em by the way, from the top down).

Guest totemowl

I didn't even listen to it all on RS but it sounded like a promising performance and for some reason I feel a lot more confident that we can win all 3 remaining games.

I was also expecting Sflaphorpe and Palace to do better today, so their results have also increased my confidence about us staying up.

How many times this season have we missed a out on a goal scoring chance or had a decision go against us and then concede?

The Potter free kick just before they scored was in the perfect position and he passed it to their keeper, we were 1-0 down within seconds.

I'll not go on about the linesman on the west side. After the referee over-ruled him for the goal kick in the first half, he gave us absolutely nothing.

I thought it was a very even, poor and tight game in which neither team created enough chances to deserve to win.

I thought we looked untroubled at the back but really struggled to get any momentum up when attacking.

I agree with BarmyBetto - a consistently dangerous striker would have yielded us at least an extra 10 points this year I reckon.

That just about sums it up from me too, pretty much like monday, we didn't deserve to lose, but we didn't do enough to win it.

The highlights of the day for me was the food in the pub before hand and seeing the coppers chase a guy down the street and abouyt 4 of them rugby tackle him. No idea what he'd done.

The bad things apart from us losing where the police telling us we had to leave the pub 20 mins early and being treated like criminals with the body searches before we got into their oversized Keepmoat.

Oh yeah and I forgot about the linesman, i'm sure he got the face on because of the ref rightfully correcting his early mistake, but then after we all sang you don't know what your doing he just gave them everything.

Edited by dan27

I got slated a month ago, after the Derby game, for saying Jeffers was a different class and should be given a go.

But no, the same old unimaginative line ups, giving him the odd 5 minutes (at Coventry for instance).

AI has been playing it safe IMO. If he keeps playing the same old crap, then he is blameless. It is the players/Laws' fault, and not his. If he plays Jeffers and things go wrong then it is his baby.

Thus, same team every week unless change is forced upon him.

As I said at the time - it takes a strong fish to swim against the tide, and a weak one to flow with it.

Not be long before we will be flowing down to League 1 I'm afraid.

F*****g useless IMO (all of em by the way, from the top down).

How do we know that Jeffers is showing the right attitude to warrant a place in the starting line up? He wants to leave knows he is on his way out and i am sure would be rather drinking coffee in champs everyday. (he is there most weeks)

I would rather have some kids in than a mardy sod.

Oh yeah and I forgot about the linesman, i'm sure he got the face on because of the ref rightfully correcting his early mistake, but then after we all sang you don't know what your doing he just gave them everything.

He was a shocker wasnt he. the ref was decent but he was awful!!!!

How do we know that Jeffers is showing the right attitude to warrant a place in the starting line up? He wants to leave knows he is on his way out and i am sure would be rather drinking coffee in champs everyday. (he is there most weeks)

I would rather have some kids in than a mardy sod.

To be fair when he's come on lately he's shown quite alot of skill.

He's kept the ball when we've needed to and today he got stuck in and tried to win back the ball alot.

Still not sure he's going to score, but in a team that's not scoring much anyway, why not change something.

He's kept the ball when we've needed to and today he got stuck in and tried to win back the ball alot.

Still not sure he's going to score, but in a team that's not scoring much anyway, why not change something.

If he plays Jeffers and it's a disaster. who will get the blame?

That is why he is not being played and, the same old mediocrity is playing week after week.

Risk free.

If he is showing that desire in training then yes, I just don't believe he must be, AI said he rated him when he came and knew him from everton days, i am sure he would be playing him if all was rosy.

I can see him scoring a vital goal in next three games and showing his name to the fans to rub it in though!

If he plays Jeffers and it's a disaster. who will get the blame?

That is why he is not being played and, the same old mediocrity is playing week after week.

Risk free.

You really believe a bloke with all the experience In the game he has and the comfort of a two and half year contract is scared?!

If he is showing that desire in training then yes, I just don't believe he must be, AI said he rated him when he came and knew him from everton days, i am sure he would be playing him if all was rosy.

I can see him scoring a vital goal in next three games and showing his name to the fans to rub it in though!

Must be lovely to train your team to play against in the preceding week. You can pick the team you are against on the Monday and coach them.

No surpises sprung, no imagination, just the same old same old. As evidenced against Derby, Bristol and Middlesborough. Not hard to play against us is it?

I suggest we are better off playing it safe and losing every week. Why change if there's no need FFS?

Guest James-The-Owl

I came away thinking we deserved a point, but the more I think about it that's only because Middlesborough were just as poo as us. We're going down.