39k for Palace game?

If it does go to the last game of the season unless we're already relegated the attendance should be a good indication of who actually still gives a flip anymore.

I stopped caring about this group of players (with a few exceptions) a long time ago, I'm just gutted about what they're doing to our club. Even if we're already down I'll be at the Palace game because I want them to know what I think of them.

Agreed. Unless something dramatic happens, I fully expect us to be relegated before then.

Sad really.

Got tickets already. I shan't be going unless anything hangs on it.

Not worth the heartache or the diesel.

Can't believe it's come to this (no fool like an old fool - should know better, it's the Wednesday way)..

Guest totemowl

I stopped caring about this group of players (with a few exceptions) a long time ago, I'm just gutted about what they're doing to our club. Even if we're already down I'll be at the Palace game because I want them to know what I think of them.

FFS

Guest totemowl

Care to elaborate?

I didn't think I'd need to.

It's just that I've seen the snarling hounds in action at Hillsborough too many times this season. I've seen the looks of bewilderment and fear that it causes to the players. I've seen the consequences over a season.

FFS - it's never ending isn't it!

It's just that I've seen the snarling hounds in action at Hillsborough too many times this season. I've seen the looks of bewilderment and fear that it causes to the players. I've seen the consequences over a season.

Are you a joke poster on the wind up? Because "I've seen the consequences over a season" sounds like you're trying to provoke a reaction by implying that the fans are to blame for our impending relegation. Try to be more subtle.

I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to lay into them whilst we still have a chance of staying up. But as soon as we're down I'm going to let them know how I feel before they swan off and continue their careers (while I'll be sat in Hillsborough watching League One football).

Give the lad a break FFS. He put's his heart, soul and money into the club and has had to watch these f*****g jokers, week in and week out take the wee wee in blue and white shirts and your worried about the consequences.

If they had the same comittment, passion and heartache that he has had then we wouldn't be in this poo poo.

It's f*****g heartbreaking to be honest.

Cut him some slack. I'll just not go, because I'm a coward.

Fair play to him I say.

Guest James-The-Owl

If there is still something to play for on the last day I'll go and sing me flipping heart out and shout and scream like never before, but whatever the result, if them b*stards even DARE to do a "lap of honour" I'll express exactly how I feel about this shambles of a season.

Guest Sheff Owl

Are you a joke poster on the wind up? Because "I've seen the consequences over a season" sounds like you're trying to provoke a reaction by implying that the fans are to blame for our impending relegation. Try to be more subtle.

I'm not an idiot, I'm not going to lay into them whilst we still have a chance of staying up. But as soon as we're down I'm going to let them know how I feel before they swan off and continue their careers (while I'll be sat in Hillsborough watching League One football).

And who could begrudge any fan of that? After all players move on still picking up their XXX wages a week for playing FOOTBALL, yes FOOTBALL.

Training half day's a week, then putting their feet up for the afternoon, go shopping, whatever.

While there are people doing jobs that they hate, coping on their wages - just.

Yet it's too much to ask a set of footballers to go out each Saturday and put in a performence like it was your last, fight for everything, battle etc etc

It's a disgrace really. They SHOULD know people are not happy and deserve every single minute of it.

And who could begrudge any fan of that?

It's a disgrace really. They SHOULD know people are not happy and deserve every single minute of it.

I think the fans have every right to be pissed and to vent that at the players after the Palace game if they decide to do a lap of shame.

At the start of the season it was all optimism and high hopes. We honestly believed coming off the back of a solid season, and a succesful relegation battle the season before, that we were moving in the right direction and progressing.

If the players weren't playing for Brian Laws then they don't deserve the privilege of being a pro footballer and all the trappings that come with it. If they simply gave up under Brian Laws then they have dealt our club a possible crippling blow by that petulance.

You know, I have an exam a few days after the Palace game and I'm stone broke after shelling out for the Bristol match and the United match, but I'm so tempted to turn up for the Palace match somehow and let the players know what I think. It's been an absolute flipping joke of a season and our club has been made a laughing stock again. The once proud Sheffield Wednesday F.C. is in danger of going into the 3rd tier of the game and I could flipping cry about it.

I remember watching players with a lot of talent, like Hirst, Waddle et al and they all had the passion and the fight. I remember watching players without a lot of natural talent but who had the passion and the steel and will to fight to the last, players like Bullen spring to mind. All we have now is a shadow of the club we used to be. Yes, these players aren't solely to blame but they have played as important a part as the likes of those who took us out of the Premiership in the first place.

Why the flip should we turn out and support the players who've produced shut utter crap as they have for the majority of this season....?

Win, lose or draw on the last day of the season... survival or relegation... these players don't deserve the support of the Sheffield Wednesday fans IMO.

Guest Deleted member

Give the lad a break FFS. He put's his heart, soul and money into the club and has had to watch these f*****g jokers, week in and week out take the wee wee in blue and white shirts and your worried about the consequences.

If they had the same comittment, passion and heartache that he has had then we wouldn't be in this poo poo.

It's f*****g heartbreaking to be honest.

Cut him some slack. I'll just not go, because I'm a coward.

Fair play to him I say.

BANG ON THE MONEY

Once our fate is known - up or down - I will also be letting the spineless bunch of lobbers know exactly what I think of them as well

Complete and utter testicles.

"The reason we are going down is because the fans have hurt the players feelings."

Bless em eh.

All those nasty fans, who've paid a small fortune to watch poo .

They must cry themselves to sleep on their beds of money.

I do love this new attitude amongst elements of our club and fanbase.

"Pay your money, turn up, shut up, and don't complain when it all hits the fan - again."

All this negativity, FUd, poison, and opinions are killing *our* club.

Hence from now on i think its only right that our fans turn up - then shut their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala"

Hence from now on i think its only right that our fans turn up - then shut their eyes, put their fingers in their ears, and go "lalalalalalalalalalalalalalala"

I'm going down the Salvation Army with my tambourine.

Much more fun - and you get to see people much more worse off than yourselves, on a Saturday afternoon.

Guest Deleted member

It sums it up for me when we have a player like Esajas running around in an Audi R8

28 appearances and 30 as a sub in 3 seasons.

I'm going down the Salvation Army with my tambourine.

Much more fun - and you get to see people much more worse off than yourselves, on a Saturday afternoon.

:biggrin:

You should join the band.

Smash them over the head with it.

Guest Sheff Owl

I think the fans have every right to be pissed and to vent that at the players after the Palace game if they decide to do a lap of shame.

At the start of the season it was all optimism and high hopes. We honestly believed coming off the back of a solid season, and a succesful relegation battle the season before, that we were moving in the right direction and progressing.

If the players weren't playing for Brian Laws then they don't deserve the privilege of being a pro footballer and all the trappings that come with it. If they simply gave up under Brian Laws then they have dealt our club a possible crippling blow by that petulance.

You know, I have an exam a few days after the Palace game and I'm stone broke after shelling out for the Bristol match and the United match, but I'm so tempted to turn up for the Palace match somehow and let the players know what I think. It's been an absolute flipping joke of a season and our club has been made a laughing stock again. The once proud Sheffield Wednesday F.C. is in danger of going into the 3rd tier of the game and I could flipping cry about it.

I remember watching players with a lot of talent, like Hirst, Waddle et al and they all had the passion and the fight. I remember watching players without a lot of natural talent but who had the passion and the steel and will to fight to the last, players like Bullen spring to mind. All we have now is a shadow of the club we used to be. Yes, these players aren't solely to blame but they have played as important a part as the likes of those who took us out of the Premiership in the first place.

Why the flip should we turn out and support the players who've produced shut utter crap as they have for the majority of this season....?

Win, lose or draw on the last day of the season... survival or relegation... these players don't deserve the support of the Sheffield Wednesday fans IMO.

Great post!

After the end of the Palace game the players should feel to be made like poo poo, after what they have done to this football club, it's a shambles!!

There is no way anyone should want to clap them. it's a disgrace. The will deserve everything they get from the crowd.

Guest Deleted member

As Purse approached the fans yesterday and applauded them (one of a few who bothered) i clapped along with many others. His performance alone was enough. I was then horrified at the thought that some of the other wasters might think I was applauding them and stopped immediately.

As Purse approached the fans yesterday and applauded them (one of a few who bothered) i clapped along with many others. His performance alone was enough. I was then horrified at the thought that some of the other wasters might think I was applauding them and stopped immediately.

Exactly the same here.

Looking at these threads I really think at times Sheffield Wednesday should be more than grateful to have the fans they do. Since our last respectable season in the 1996/97 Wednesday have only amassed 3 top half finishes and two reasonably tagged promotion efforts, we have only had two plus goal differences in thirteen years! We have seen almost every other 'similar size' club move onto better things and some so called 'smaller clubs' achieve what we can only dream of at the moment.

There have been times when we have felt humiliated and I wouldn't like to think how many times our hopes have been dashed and kicked into the ground when something good seems around the corner. Our fans have had to wait patiently (and continue to wait) for our time to genuinely take two steps forward opposed to correcting a step back, whilst Leicester, Forest, Wolves, Cardiff, Swansea, Doncaster, Bristol City etc etc have all come up and gone on to progress. Look at our last three games, The Blades complain when they are likely to finish around 8th and they have been treated to a promotion, cup semi finals, continual playoff challenges and give or take a couple of thousand we still have a similar fanbase!! Cardiff City have gone up from league one progressed, built a new stadium and now get around 18,000 compared to 8,000 a few years back and they complain too. Crystal Palace have had success with promotion to the Premiership within that time period as well.

A report was conducted to show the biggest over and under-achievers since the formation of the Premiership and our Owls came rock bottom. All this has seen a continued following average of around 21,000 and an average away following of near 1,300 this shows our fans have the patience of saints! Even with the complete shlte served up this season I always meet Owls fans around the country when I travel up on the train coming far and wide when to be honest I think other fans would have fecked off some time ago, Wolves averaged around 17,000 when they had a bad season and finished 12th, Forests promotion campaign from league one averaged around 19,000. I just cant believe how some people say its the fans fault we are going down, It astonishes me! They say loyalty should be rewarded, but our fans haven't even come close to some sort of payback to what they have given the club in quite frankly 15 years of complete cack, I salute every Wednesday fan who like me,is still passionate about our club, still follows us around the country and will still be there next season. We put almost every other fan in our division to shame with this loyalty.. but were all Wednesday aren't we?