marcus

Guest Sheff Owl

What about Grant?

Two or three top class saves and was wrong footed by a soft deflection for their goal.

Grant is a top keeper, yes he can improve on his distribution, kicking and commanding of his area and with the right training he can learn all that but i sadly don't see him learning it with us, i think he will be off.

You seem him a lot of the time just look so pissed off with the defence after we have conceded a goal, sometimes you get the feeling that he is getting fed up.

Guest aphextwins

after last season, who was better than him in the ccc? please do tell, we all admired laws and co, for keeping him, do not blame MT for our abysmal season.

Ebanks-Blake got 25 goals last season and players such as Jason Scotland, Doyle and McCormack also had way better seasons than "Golden Boy"

Since scoring in our live humiliation at Watford last October, Tudgay has managed :

28+1 appearances, 3 goals.

Regardless of how hard he may or may not be working, or contributing to play in defence and midfield, is that anywhere near good enough?

It's not even close to being good enough especially for someone on his new improved wage. This season he has been very poor and I don't buy into the work rate nonsense. He has looked very lethargic in a number of games. Especially compared to how he was last season. Add to that his main job is to score goals and he has failed miserably recently to do this. It's not good enough. He has 3 games to make up for it and make himself a hero. I hope he takes the opportunity.

Guest Housey

What about Grant?

Two or three top class saves and was wrong footed by a soft deflection for their goal.

Is that Lee Grant that has let in 63 goals this season?

Is this Lee Grant that cannot kick a football?

How do you measure it then,goals scored?

I remember Peter Schmeichel conceding 12 in 3 straight defeats for Manchester United. Yet he was possibly the best goalkeeper in the world at that point. By your standards he must have been one of the worst for that week.

You don't think the performance of the rest of the team has a bearing on how many goals a team concedes? It can make a good goalkeeper look bad, and a bad one look good.

Have a think.

Guest Housey

I remember Peter Schmeichel conceding 12 in 3 straight defeats for Manchester United. Yet he was possibly the best goalkeeper in the world at that point. By your standards he must have been one of the worst for that week.

You don't think the performance of the rest of the team has a bearing on how many goals a team concedes? It can make a good goalkeeper look bad, and a bad one look good.

Have a think.

Grant aint as good as what people would have you believe. If he is that good why have we not recieved any good offers for him?

His only atribute is his shot stopping but the rest of his game is poor, he does not communicate with the defence,cannot command his area and his distribution is very poor. Grant is a steady championship keeper nothing more nothing less, take yesterdays goal for example, why did he not anticipate the deflection instead of standing there like a lemon?

Grant aint as good as what people would have you believe. If he is that good why have we not recieved any good offers for him?

His only atribute is his shot stopping but the rest of his game is poor, he does not communicate with the defence,cannot command his area and his distribution is very poor. Grant is a steady championship keeper nothing more nothing less, take yesterdays goal for example, why did he not anticipate the deflection instead of standing there like a lemon?

haha.

Anticipate a deflection like that yesterday... He's not fookin' superman.

Dear me... Without Grant this season we would gave been relegated a long time ago.

Guest Housey

haha.

Anticipate a deflection like that yesterday... He's not fookin' superman.

Dear me... Without Grant this season we would gave been relegated a long time ago.

It sounds daft but a good keeper would have gambled in that situation. Grant could not see the ball so he should have tried to anticipate the rickoshay

Ebanks-Blake got 25 goals last season and players such as Jason Scotland, Doyle and McCormack also had way better seasons than "Golden Boy"

This.

Tudgay did well last season blah blah f*cking blah.. he got 14 goals. A distinctly average goal return from the leading man of a team hoping to push on towards the play-offs. He's only only achieved 14 goals once since he's been here. There has been absolutely NO evidence from Tudgay's SWFC career so far to suggest he is ever going to push on and score enough goals to take this team forward, or even consistently aim for a pretty modest target of 14 a season. He's a distinctly average player for this division who happens to be performing below average for us week in week out.

Oh, and he was absolute b*llocks again yesterday.

It sounds daft but a good keeper would have gambled in that situation. Grant could not see the ball so he should have tried to anticipate the rickoshay

No offence mate but that's total crap.

A goalkeeper cannot anticipate a deflection like yesterdays goal.

Guest Housey

No offence mate but that's total crap.

A goalkeeper cannot anticipate a deflection like yesterdays goal.

Average keepers can't.

Is that Lee Grant that has let in 63 goals this season?

Is this Lee Grant that cannot kick a football?

the same Lee Grant that has kept us in many a game and if not for his saves, our goals against would have been triple figures

Average keepers can't.

yes ... world class keepers cannot predict where a deflection would go as well

it is a non human trait. if that is the case, why can't Petr Cech save every shot him "why doesn't he predict that shot will go in the bottom right corner .. or whistle in the top left"

Guest JonTheOwl66

i wouldnt. i would have been celebrating. ive always said he is the most over rated player in our history

Your negativity against Tudgay is rather childish, although i completely agree!! :biggrin:

Guest Housey

the same Lee Grant that has kept us in many a game and if not for his saves, our goals against would have been triple figures

yes ... world class keepers cannot predict where a deflection would go as well

it is a non human trait. if that is the case, why can't Petr Cech save every shot him "why doesn't he predict that shot will go in the bottom right corner .. or whistle in the top left"

He did wonders against Derby,Reading,Watford,Sufc ect, i don't blame him for yesterdays goal but he was slow to react as the anitial shot was not the fast.

O Donnell is a better all round keeper in my opinion.

Guest JonTheOwl66

He did wonders against Derby,Reading,Watford,Sufc ect, i don't blame him for yesterdays goal but he was slow to react as the anitial shot was not the fast.

O Donnell is a better all round keeper in my opinion.

:laugh::laugh::laugh:

Best thing i've heard all day, O'Donnell is nowhere near as good as Grant.