C'MON PEOPLE STAY POSITIVE

I appreciate you trying to be positive mate - and we're not down until we're down.

I guess I have a different perspective than most as I have always had doubts about AI as a manager - I explained why when he was appointed and know it is not the most popular thing to say on here - but it's my reasoned opinion. I sincerely hope I'm wrong and will be happy for him to ram my doubts down my throat. But if we go down, he will have had half a season and about 70 points to play for- and what were we when he came in - just 4 points adrift? Well we're not much better off and in freefall wins wise.

I think he's organised and a decent guy who comes across well in interviews, but keeping the score down and playing tight is entirely different than setting up to win games. And we all know 1 win is better than 2 draws. We need wins now and I'm not sure he's as good at that as he is keeping us pretty tight and making it difficult for our opponents to score goals. These tactics stifle our attacking ability and we don't score many under him.

I know he has to work with the players he largely inherited, but have we seen any evidence in his armoury that he can get players playing out of their skins and above their abilities? Organisation is one thing, making them believe, lack fear and be supremely confident is another.

AI needs time to wheel and deal before anyone starts passing judgements. If his signing of Nolan is anything to go by he can spot a player and might be able to build a team over time. He would have to be a miracle worker to motivate the shower amassed by the clueless Brian Laws.

Guest Sheff Owl

It's all about a positive attitude. The players you pick, the formation you play, the tactics you choose.

Notwithstanding that the current squad is useless, you cannot say in certain games that they have exuded a positive attitude.

AI's mindset is negative. At an early stage of his tenure, that cautionary approach was to be applauded. But as wins have become more vital, Coventry, Bristol, Middlesborough etc the players should have come out with the attitude to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

Instead he has played the same players and installed then with a 'not lose at all costs' attitude.

Not go out there and beat them. Take the game to them FFS.

No direction, no imagination, sorry - not good enough. Even with this useless bunch.

Recipe for disaster IMO.

Agree, we worry more about the opposition than ourselfs.