DEADLINE DAY! Have you got your season ticket yet?

I'm with you Plonk, there's 12 season ticket holders I either sit with or have a drink with, all been doing it for years, every one bar one is not renewing. Everyones had enough of the constant dross that's been served up over the years and the lack of effort shown by our inept players. Then there's the ones that packed in ages ago, I know loads.

Credit to the ones that have renewed your loyalty is admirable but you get to a stage in your life when you think enough is enough I'm not going to keep doing this. I'll still attend but I'll pick and choose my games, and when there's a product worth watching and a "sensible" plan in place by the board I will buy another season ticket, i just hope it's sooner than later.

I can understand your friends' viewpoints and yours, but surely you have sat through and bought through worse times than this ?

I know Lee has his faults and he has made errors, but he is innovative, forward thinking and open.

We have not had this to embrace for a long, long time.

Why not support Alan, if you cannot support the players ? ?

Give him a fighting chance to make a name for himself ? Surely he deserves that.

See my thread on his points per game so far. We'd be currently sat in 10th if he had been here all season.......... this with the poo Laws assembled.

UTFO

Even though I'm one of the people who was always going to renew regardless because I'm a Wednesdayite and I want to support my club, I can empathise with the people who aren't bothering. In last 10 years we've been crap, but I think it's fair to say that this season has been the first time we've seen a lack of effort from some of our players, and it appearing at times that they don't care for our club. I feel bad for all the people working for the club in the non-football pitch areas, because they've all done a great job and we've made good progress in the last 18 months. But there have been times this season when I've been ashamed to be a Wednesdayite because of what's happened on the pitch, and who are they to make me feel that way about the club I've loved my whole life? I can accept us being crap, as I suspect a decent amount of the rest of you can, but what I can't accept is less than 100% commitment from every player who pulls on that blue and white shirt. I would literally be willing to die on that pitch in a match for SWFC, and I want to see that same passion mirrored in the people who line up for our club. Give me that next season and I'll be content.

I'm with you Plonk, there's 12 season ticket holders I either sit with or have a drink with, all been doing it for years, every one bar one is not renewing. Everyones had enough of the constant dross that's been served up over the years and the lack of effort shown by our inept players. Then there's the ones that packed in ages ago, I know loads.

Credit to the ones that have renewed your loyalty is admirable but you get to a stage in your life when you think enough is enough I'm not going to keep doing this. I'll still attend but I'll pick and choose my games, and when there's a product worth watching and a "sensible" plan in place by the board I will buy another season ticket, i just hope it's sooner than later.

Agree with this completey, though its very very sad. It is admirable that so many have renewed but I can't help thinking its blind faith. People keep paying no matter what dross is served up. Yet when people sit back with a bit of objectivity and think I'm gonna wait to see what division we're in, they get slated for not being a true fan.

Agree with this completey, though its very very sad. It is admirable that so many have renewed but I can't help thinking its blind faith. People keep paying no matter what dross is served up. Yet when people sit back with a bit of objectivity and think I'm gonna wait to see what division we're in, they get slated for not being a true fan.

I can sympathise with your decision. I just think you're missing the point that we're giving our money to Irvine now to give him a chance next season.

Maybe thats another problem with ST being put on sale early, people think they're being asked to hand over their cash to fund the current seasons flops rather than next seasons newish squad led by a Manager that would have us in 10th this seasons based on his points per games so far.

But, as a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday FC don't you feel that you want to go to games to support your club not to see the calibre of opposition? I would love to see Rooney, Lampard, Torres, Fabregas etc at Hillsborough, but I support Wednesday and I go to Hillsborough primarily to support Sheffield Wednesday - regardless of financial situation, league position, the players wearing the shirts.

Guest iicaptain

We are already looking to get an SMS sent today - hopefully around lunchtime.

It will go to everyone opted in who have not renewed yet.

Chris

i got the txt msg but renewed some time ago, or at least i hope i did?

just done it :ohmy:

Just renewed mine and my sons!!

However beware if you ring the ticket office. I got through to an outside agency who couldnt help. They said they would put me through to the SWFC ticket office. I spoke to a guy there who said my details were not on the system and they didnt recognise my client ID. I told him he was wrong as i was sat looking at my season ticket. Where do you sit, he asked, on the Kop i replied, we haven't got a Kop at "Fulham Football Club"!!! Useless Twunts!!!

The outside agency looks after a number of different clubs-You have been warned!!!1

I got the text a short while ago.

I really want a season ticket but I don't know what sort of job I'll have once I graduate in the summer. If I get a Monday-Friday job I'll be getting a season ticket even though I've missed the deadline.

8,300 is a decent total so far, although I think it would have been much higher if we'd brought in more than 1 bloody point over Easter. If we stay up then I can see that total shooting up a little. If we don't stay up then I think we'll end up limping to about 11,000...

But, as a supporter of Sheffield Wednesday FC don't you feel that you want to go to games to support your club not to see the calibre of opposition? I would love to see Rooney, Lampard, Torres, Fabregas etc at Hillsborough, but I support Wednesday and I go to Hillsborough primarily to support Sheffield Wednesday - regardless of financial situation, league position, the players wearing the shirts.

This is my 50th season watching the owls and if I was hoping to see quality football then all but a few years in the early sixties...few under Wilko...and the stuff played by Big Ron's team...have been poo ...if you want to watch quality football then perhaps wednesday aren't the team that they should watch...at the end of the day we are wednesdayites...proud of it regardless of who's in charge or what players are turning out for us...or else we'd be armchair football fans watching Man U and Arsenal with their shirts on in front of the tv.

i got the txt msg but renewed some time ago, or at least i hope i did?

It may be that you have more than one account set up. In that case, the season ticket will only be registered on one account - so the text may have been sent to another one of your accounts.

If you want to PM me your client ID I can take a look and put your mind at rest :)

Chris

Just renewed mine and my sons!!

However beware if you ring the ticket office. I got through to an outside agency who couldnt help. They said they would put me through to the SWFC ticket office. I spoke to a guy there who said my details were not on the system and they didnt recognise my client ID. I told him he was wrong as i was sat looking at my season ticket. Where do you sit, he asked, on the Kop i replied, we haven't got a Kop at "Fulham Football Club"!!! Useless Twunts!!!

The outside agency looks after a number of different clubs-You have been warned!!!1

Same happened to me. Thing is they were like £50 cheaper than us, and I was very tempted.

biggrin.gif