Turning points in our history...

Guest East_Dene_Owl

What do you think the turning points in our history have been?

From the last...

Week

Month

Year

Decade

Entire club history

Decade, either relegated or promoted on em.

Guest East_Dene_Owl

1889-90 Lost in Cup Final

1899-00 Div 2 Champions

1919-20 Relegated from Div 1

1929-30 Div 1 Champions

1949-50 Promoted

1969-70 Relegated from Div 1

1979-80 Promoted from Div 3

1989-90 Relegated from Div1

1999-00 Relegated from Prem

From the last...

Week

Month

Year

Decade

Entire club history

Week: The volleyed miss in the first half against Bristol.

Month: Injury to JJ

Year: Not making the managerial change soon enough

Decade: Winning the play offs

Club history: Failing to win a Cup in the 93 season.

The biggest turning point in the clubs history was the adoption of professionalism in 1887. Without doing that, the club wouldn't have existed for any longer than another six months. Saying losing the 93 Cup final was as big a turning point is about as accurate as David Blunkett is at darts

The biggest turning point in the clubs history was the adoption of professionalism in 1887. Without doing that, the club wouldn't have existed for any longer than another six months. Saying losing the 93 Cup final was as big a turning point is about as accurate as David Blunkett is at darts

I'm thinking in relative terms dude.

From the last...

Week

Month

Year

Decade

Entire club history

I thought you were going to post we have arrived at a clear Crossroads/Turning Point etc.......

How important are these next few weeks?

I have seen people post that its ok if we go down as we have the right Manager, Chairman potential backing behind us! What rubbish - thats the difference between us and a club say like Everton. How many years since they were relegated while Wednesday are up and down like Katie Price's drawers...

This is a turning point - wake up and understand that WE HAVE TO STAY IN THIS DIVISION.

That is all.

OO

Some good turning points already mentioned.

What about Mark Bright's miss in the '93 cup final when he shaved the outside of the post. (1-1 at the time??)

I think if we had won a cup that season the whole future of our club would have been different. Another season in Europe, and a push into the spotlight in the early years of the Premiership.

The next 2 weekends could be monumental

Some fans could lose faith in Lee, Alan, the players and the entire club

Wounds could be opened that could be far outreaching than a simple demotion to the league below

The players now have the chance to right a lot of the wrongs of the past 6 months.

Alan has the chance to start his way onto the road to legendary status.

It will only be a beginning if we stay up, but it will be the perfect tonic, to appease, what has simply been a total horror of a season, which started all so optimistically

I know personally (along with thousands of others), I will be doing all I can to aid this club, through what as aforementioned, could be historically critical.

We are not down yet, we won't be down Sunday. There is one large twist left in this season. Who says it cannot be for our benefit. Keep the faith, pause the negation and ill feeling until it is mathematical. It will not aid our plight

UTO..... It's now or never