FTAO LEE STRAFFORD

genuine fans support the club and don't make excuses

Admire what you're trying, but genuine fans also don't bury their heads in the sand and magically think all is rosy and our problems will all disappear

Don't you think that fans forums would be rather boring if everyone was happy?

"I love Lee Strafford"

"I also love him"

"Add me to this love in fest"

F'ing awful

It's quite boring when people moan for moaning's sake too

Admire what you're trying, but genuine fans also don't bury their heads in the sand and magically think all is rosy and our problems will all disappear

agree with your comments mate ,it just wee wees me off when the people causing the present predicament ie certain players dont get the flack they deserve ,they can play to a certain degree and we ought not to be in this position, but i cant see why LS or Irvin is to blame .all i know is that he LS is trying to do what he does best ok he makes mistakes so do we all but at least he tries so how can he be blamed for the poor football shown each week. regards

....after a cup of tea with my builder in the sunshine.

If things continue the way they are doing, you'll be able to have that 'cup of tea in the sunshine' whilst standing inside the house.

Because the roof will have fallen in by then.

All the way down to the 1st division.

Still, never mind, eh.

I'm sure the builders a lovely chap.

Which appears to be all that matters.

Guest totemowl

In fact, OwlsTalk is living evidence that they think all is not rosy and we can't deal with the problems.

So, lets get rid of the only builder we can afford, £0.

Lets get rid of the only builder that actually wants to do the job.

The one builder that is trying his gonads off.

I am not bothered if he is a lovely chap or not.

I just don't want another builder like the last one.

This one is head and shoulders above the last builders we had.

You know the one that knocked the house down and then started on the footings.

The builder that has screwed me for so much money, just to make sure he was OK.

Knowing i could not afford another builder.

The last builder was just a money grabbing conman!

So, forgive me if i give this new builder a little bit more time.

Bingo.

Guest Johnbloodaxe

Absolutley hit the nail on the head this post.....nice one....

Lee and Nick are our only hope...

Absolutley hit the nail on the head this post.....nice one....

Lee and Nick are our only hope...

Of course they are.

We had no history before them, and we have no future without them.

Sheffield Wednesday is no longer a football club; it is a 'brand vehicle' for Lee and Nick.

Success on the pitch is immaterial.

Papal infallibility has landed at S6.

The long dynastic line of boardroom incompetence continues into a bright new era of media awareness.

Same old fools lapping it up like milk.

We get what we deserve. And I know where we're probably heading.

3 of the last builder's assistants are still here, mashing the tea?

Edited by wisewoodowl

watching us the other day v. bristol anyone could see we were not the side that started the season with hopes of at least a lower mid-table finish, perhaps even a mid-table or even threatening a play off place...for quite some time now a lot of our players look scared to do anything much...in case it goes wrong and the stands erupt with fury...so players avoid the difficult and stick to the very simple, we even get that wrong from time to time, it infuriates the crowd even more and our players become more on edge, you can see it in their play...professional footballers committing errors you would be dissapointed at if your 14 year old son had done them...now we all admit that we haven't the biggest budget in the division, and as such the players we have were accuired with that budget (ok blackpool, donny and a few more who will finish higher up the table than us have had a similar budget)...but ours are not performing as well as we wish...we have heard for a number of years on and off that our players don't mind playing away from the pressures of hillsborough...but...what are the pressures of hillsborough...large half empty quite imposing stadium...a crowd easily frustrated by anything going awry...and ABOVE ALL ELSE A FANBASE FUELLED INTO GREAT EXPECTATIONS BY TALK OF PLAY OFF PLACES...PREMIER LEAGUE RETURNS...AND IMPENDING INVESTMENT...now i know you have a job to do, and part of that job is selling THE product that being swfc...but i do think the pressures of being a player brought to hillsborough not because of how good you are, but more likely how cheap you were and then how good you are (i'm not knocking the clubs spending record...i fully agree we can only afford to spend wisely, and ronaldo and drogba will have to wait)...BUT every time we appoint a manager he's reminded by the press he's joining a SLEEPING GIANT, coming to a MASSIVE CLUB, and so on, and so on...the facts are next year we may be in league 1...already i hear some talking of IMMEDIATE RETURN...if not we will have survived by the skin of our teeth in the ccc, and then the PLAY OFF PLACE promotion game will be in full swing again...the fact is laws may have been judged as not being the smartest crayon in the box...and irvine may be better at the organisational setup of a team (though we have yet to see his tactics when we attack in any strength)...the facts of the matter are at hillsborough that our players are scared far more than half the time...scared of letting the fans down...as for years now they have been expecting...PLAY OFF PLACES AND PREMIER LEAGUE RETURNS, and the stick used to beat the under performing players is constantly..".YOU LOT ARE OUT WHEN WE GET SOME INVESTMENT"...I ACTUALLY SAW SOMEONE CALLING FOR PURSES HEAD ONLY THE OTHER DAY...HE'S BEEN LIKE THE ROCK OF GIBRALTAR SINCE IRVINE ARRIVED ( AND WEARS OUR SHIRT WITH PRIDE )...if we don't get this great expectation under some sort of control...it will become the monster that devours this ONCE MIGHTY club...now i know you are busy...but give it some thought will you please...now no doubt i'll get blasted for this...but i felt it needed saying...many thanks WTID...

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

i expected to get some flack, I was suprised how many wednesdayites would show that spending 3 minutes reading it was too much like work. The real lesson is how many fall into the bracket of 3 minutes reading is too much effort, but, here's my opinion on it, and here's MY team for saturday. Don't forget to buy the newspaper to tell you who to vote for in may, don't worry it'll say it in less than 6 words.

Of course they are.

Sheffield Wednesday is no longer a football club; it is a 'brand vehicle' for Lee and Nick.

The long dynastic line of boardroom incompetence continues into a bright new era of media awareness.

You're right that the single most important thing is the wellbeing of the club. Just like players and managers, board members should be considered transient and expendable.

But whilst it's easy to moan about the lack of investment, crap results, underwhelming signings, modest budgets and so forth, what is the solution? If Strafford were fighting to stop someone with greater finance, track record, experience and ideas taking over your ranting might have a direction, but who/where is this ultimate answer? Are we likely to be better off hounding him out of the club with no idea what would fill the void?

Of course they are.

So if they are not, give an answer to who is.

Yes WE have history, lots of history, whether WE have any future without them brings me back to point 1.

As i see it, the brand vehicle is just that, something to drive US forward, as you see it, it's just another thing to try and knock US down with.

But, if it is a brand vehicle just for them, do you not think they will be trying their best to make it a success.

Cannot be bothered anymore, just have a go at point 1 please.

If the reasoning is that it's pointless and/or potentially damaging to change the chairman without a viable alternative, then the same train of thought will obviously have applied when DA was here.

Did it?

If the reasoning is that it's pointless and/or potentially damaging to change the chairman without a viable alternative, then the same train of thought will obviously have applied when DA was here.

Did it?

You would make a very good politian. Avoid answering several good, challenging questions only to move on to some other bullsh*t. But then, if memory serves, you were are a Thatcher lover :biggrin:

Did it?

If we're attempting to determine what player selections and tactics might help us to victory on Sunday, how helpful would it be to instead concentrate on a game that was played four years ago (not that you're in the habit of discussing anything outside the boardroom anyway) ?

Seems to me you want to shout louder than anyone else about demanding answers whilst having no more yourself than any of the rest of us. Offer a tangible solution and we can discuss it's potential merits. Otherwise it's yet more smoke with little in the way of fire.